Kind of confused. (1 Viewer)

axlenatore

Scuba Steve
HSC
What are you enrolled in currently?

Chemical Engineering/Science (chemistry) at newcastle

but im meant to be going to sydney on monday to enroll in molecular biology and genetics but i have no where to live so yer lol....

but i dont know what i want to do, im basically still where i was when i first put in my uac preferences

em_516

bludging..
HSC
Oh right, geez.
Can't help you there buddy.

Having somewhere to live would be pretty handy hey. Maybe consider a year at Newcastle, work, and transfer over next year? I don't know anything about either of those fields, I've got nothing haha. :D

axlenatore

Scuba Steve
HSC
are you able to transfer if you do well, even if you are switching to a course which has little/no common subjects

em_516

bludging..
HSC
No idea :eek:
You'd need to look at the requirements of the uni in Syd. They tend to be credit average but it could be distinction. I guess there's no guarantees in that plan.

axlenatore

Scuba Steve
HSC
No idea :eek:
You'd need to look at the requirements of the uni in Syd. They tend to be credit average but it could be distinction. I guess there's no guarantees in that plan.
say i do really well though, do you need common subjects? or if you have none, does that just mean you start from the start?

blue_chameleon

Shake the sauce bottle yo
HSC
say i do really well though, do you need common subjects? or if you have none, does that just mean you start from the start?
It depends on whether USYD can determine the similarity of the course content between courses at UNCLE and courses at USYD.

But yeah, you will only get credit for subjects that are deemed to be similar enough in content.

My advice, if you really want to get into USYD, is to forget about it for now. Do as well as you can in the degree at UNCLE, and then look at your options towards the end of the year. Otherwise, you'll be too per-occupied/pressured with getting into USYD.

Though, the question has to be asked, why do you want to transfer in Engineering from UNCLE to USYD, when, as far as I have heard, they are pretty on par with each other?

em_516

bludging..
HSC
Tis not engineering, it's molecular biology and genetics. And as far as I'm aware it's not USyd, he only said uni in Syd.

Can't you still transfer to a completely different degree? Sure, you can't credit subjects over, but I thought you could. I've never looked into it myself though.

blue_chameleon

HSC
Tis not engineering, it's molecular biology and genetics. And as far as I'm aware it's not USyd, he only said uni in Syd.

Can't you still transfer to a completely different degree? Sure, you can't credit subjects over, but I thought you could. I've never looked into it myself though.
Thought it was B.Eng / B.Science (Chem)? :/

Yeah, you can transfer to a different program. But you just have to start again if you haven't done subjects that are equivalent to what is in first year of the program you're transferring into.

If that makes sense?

axlenatore

Scuba Steve
HSC
Thought it was B.Eng / B.Science (Chem)? :/

Yeah, you can transfer to a different program. But you just have to start again if you haven't done subjects that are equivalent to what is in first year of the program you're transferring into.

If that makes sense?

ah k thanks, im enrolled inChemical engineering and science (chem) at newcastle, but i got accepted into molecular biology and genetics after i changed my mind after main rounds

em_516

bludging..
HSC
I don't know. I have nfi what I'm talking about. Can you tell? (yes).
Good luck axle :p

axlenatore

Scuba Steve
HSC
Nar, both of you have helped me with the idea of transferring, thanks.

Im going down to sydney this weekend with my parents to see if i can get somewhere to live which doesnt cost uber amounts, if not ill go to newcastle and work my way from there.

Im reluctant to go to sydney, because ill loss the comfort of my house, sport and employment, but i prefer biology over chem so

em_516

bludging..
HSC
I would have loved to of tried my hand at a B.Architecture or B.Construction Mgmt.

:(

I still want to.
Agreed. I really want to do multiple degrees. :(
In addition, I want to do more subjects than allowed to in the things I choose as it is. Agh.

Hagaren

The Fresh Prince
HSC
This is what i decided on:

Semester 1 - 2009
CHIN 1110 - Elementary Chinese I
JAPN 1110 - Elementary Japanese 1
JAPN 2410 - Japanese Society and The World
POLI 1020 - Intro to Politics

Semester 2 - 2009
CHIN 1120 - Elementary Chinese II
HIST 1070 - World in the Twentieth Century
JAPN 1120 - Elementary Japanese 2
JAPN 2420 - Japanese Culture and Identity

Basically I will probably do 100-110 units of Japanese, 80 in international Affairs and maybe 50-60 of Chinese.

blue_chameleon

HSC
This is what i decided on:

Semester 1 - 2009
CHIN 1110 - Elementary Chinese I
JAPN 1110 - Elementary Japanese 1
JAPN 2410 - Japanese Society and The World
POLI 1020 - Intro to Politics

Semester 2 - 2009
CHIN 1120 - Elementary Chinese II
HIST 1070 - World in the Twentieth Century
JAPN 1120 - Elementary Japanese 2
JAPN 2420 - Japanese Culture and Identity

Basically I will probably do 100-110 units of Japanese, 80 in international Affairs and maybe 50-60 of Chinese.
Sounds like a plan.

So, you're definately going with the Jap major, and deciding between the 2nd major of either Chinese or Int. Affairs.

Do all the class times fit into schedule?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)