Kite runner movie and novel (1 Viewer)

hit patel

HSC
Uni Grad
Hi I am actually analysing kite runner as a related text. However I donot know which so I decided on doing the movie. I am just wondering if the novel has the same quotes and settings as the movie? Any help will be appreciated.

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
I recommend doing the novel, however the main novel quotes should be similar to those in the movie. Is this for AOS?

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
It is almost guaranteed that the novel will not be exactly the same as movie, remember that the movie has a time limit, and because of the things that needs to be summarised/eliminated/added for the sake of increasing drama and visual appeal, you are better off reading both the book and movie before deciding on which to do, make sure you are considering conceptual similarities between your prescribed and related text as well as make meaningful analyses in relation to the question you are given/module rubric you are studying under.

HSC
N/A
Hi hit patel,

For one, the choice of form is dependent on your prescribed text. For example, if your prescribed text is Romulus, My Father, I would highly recommend choosing the film since it gives a contrasting form for analysis - markers tend to like this, as it shows that your repertoire consists of different types of related texts.

As for the differences, the focal turning point within the plot (involving Hassan and Assef - no spoilers) is vividly described in the novel but is merely glanced over in the film. Numerous other scenes are also omitted, so it definitely is a touch below the quality of the novel.

Best of luck!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)