• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

L plates and 120 hours (2 Viewers)

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
Re: The L platers rules

blakegman said:
I know someone that did 10 hours and passed the test. If you're not retarded i would think you could only practice in a few hours and pass the test. As long as you know the rules and how to park, it's pretty easy.
You might be able to pass the test but with that much experience that person would likely to have difficulty dealing with adverse conditions, avoiding an accident etc..

I did more than 50hrs prob about 70hrs and none of them were made up. Yes its unfortunate you guys have to do so much but we have all suffered because of what people have done before us. Those who did 50 hrs had that requirement and the time on P's because of those who went after a few hours driving, barely passed the test (because it only tests the most basic driving) and ended up crap drivers because they didn't practice enough and because of people who drive like idiots.

Make the best of it, do the hours, practice so you can be a safe driver. If you can find a cheap driving school (mine was like $40) and can afford it do an hr every week or two weeks plus drive your parents/family around once you are confident enough. It might be expensive but being a safe driver is important. I understand the pain of those having to do 120hrs so now I have my full licence, I will help all my friends get their hours up, its not that hard if you chuck the learner in the seat going to the shops, school, friends house etc..

jovelar

HSC

they more than doubled the required hours, and gave only double the time. (50 hours - 120 hours, 6 months - 1 year) now i know a lot of people want to get their P's as soon as possible, yet they double the minimum time to have them, and doubled + 20 hours the required experience. i say thats unfair, luckily i went and got my L's a month before it was enforced. yet i did that and ive only done 2 hours but thats not my fault. my dad wouldnt take me, and the people i live with, has a car from england and the indicator and window wipers are oposite, and i dont trust the old car anyway, im buying one to learn in. now im hating myself for not trying as early as possible, due to petrol expenses. meh im hoping to get it by next term, i could do about 5 hours a week for 10 weeks, pretty easy, but im gonna push for 7 hours or so. more even. anyway i do think it sucks, but then again like some have said your at least getting way more experience. and no we cant do anything about it and yes it is gonna get worse. anyway i hope you enjoyed laughing at me about that LOL. but meh i dont care really. okay cyas..

Peartie

HSC

boris said:
it totally just hit me that i am able to take L platers driving
Dont you also have to be over 25 to be able to take L-Platers driving?

blakegman said:
I am yet to meet someone who didnt make up a portion of their hours log book.
i did over 150 hours (only required to do 50) in one year and one month and not one of my hours was made up. My parents refused to sign unless it was accurate which is fair enough. The testing people will be able to tell if uve only done 20 instead of 120 hours anyway!

boris

Banned
HSC

Peartie said:
Dont you also have to be over 25 to be able to take L-Platers driving?

i did over 150 hours (only required to do 50) in one year and one month and not one of my hours was made up. My parents refused to sign unless it was accurate which is fair enough. The testing people will be able to tell if uve only done 20 instead of 120 hours anyway!
No, you only need to hold a full NSW drivers licence.

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC

I probably did around 120hours. I had about 80 something logged, and i did about 10 hours more the week before i was supposed to do my test, but it ended up getting pushed back 2 months because of my familys car situation, so in that 2 months i would have done another 20 or 30 hours easily.

Not to brag or anything, but all of my friends rate me as a really good driver, i am fairly safe, dont really do anything dangerous[ i speed occasionally, but not excessively, more like 110 in a 100 zone on the freeway] break smoothly and comfortably for others and i have avoided several crashes[none would have been my fault], including 1 near epic one where a truck driver swerved onto the wrong side of the road. I think the key to being a good driver is setting the foundations now, learn your basics, learn safe driving behaviour and learn those inate rules that you can only learn from experience, like how to handle your car in really heavy rain etc.

michael1990

HSC

I see the political side of it.

But it would suck doing 100 hours normal driving and 20 hours night driving.

Isn't there a rule coming out that you will be 18 before you get your Ps?

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC

That's stupid. You should be able to drive by yourself when you're 17, because that's when you're out of highschool, potentially in employment.

People with fulltime jobs need to be able to drive.

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC

Captain Gh3y said:
But not at night
Or with passengers :vcross:
Pretty sure you can get exemptions for this.

maccasjunkie

HSC

michael1990 said:
I see the political side of it.

But it would suck doing 100 hours normal driving and 20 hours night driving.

Isn't there a rule coming out that you will be 18 before you get your Ps?
i bloody hope not!!!!!
thats gonna make it even harder for us...
People who r in year 12, go to uni or leave home need transport, we cant rely on our parents our whole lives

sarahaussiegirl

HSC

Well count yourself lucky, I don't turn sixteen until July 28, so I think I'm going to have to do 200 hours and I'm not sure if anyone knows whether they are changing the minimum age now to 16 and 9 months? If anyone knows, that would be a great helps, thanks

It's what I want that's easy. It's getting it that
HSC

Exphate said:
But seriously, public transport is absolutely astonishing, once you get past the fact it is cramped as hell. It's cheaper than driving to uni everyday. Unfortunately though, it would seem you are unable to grasp the concept that I was actually being honest, so you will have ignored this paragraph.
qft.
saves me a fortune

jovelar

HSC

the only thing i have hear dis the chnaging of minmum time of having it from 1 year to 2 years.. thats what i hear from other people, so i dont knwo officaly, lol i dont watch the news or read da paper so i only know from word of mouth.. so if anyone has info and links ( i cbf looking it up, im at school atm) then that would help me a lot.. thank you..

jasonml

jay son em el
HSC

Just get a push-bike

or

Pass your p's on the day you turn 17

i did both, and it makes me a seriously BAD - CUNT.

maccasjunkie

HSC

Exphate said:
U no I wuzunt b3in m33n aw nefink, jst lyk, be-en onest n st0ff.

quote]

Well considering there is no transport where i am i think u were

walkahz

HSC

Experience helps but it deffinantly isnt everything. e.g. I know for a fact that i am a better driver than my mum and she has been driving for 30 years.

Plus i have the best kind of experience which is race track experience and i bet i can drive better in the wet than the majority of you (try pouring rain on slicks).
It is also good because i dont have to be as much of a dickhead on the road cause i can get it out of me on the track

I did 60 logbook hours on my l's but would have done heaps more just couldnt be bothered to write them all in.

boris

Banned
HSC

walkahz said:
Experience helps but it deffinantly isnt everything. e.g. I know for a fact that i am a better driver than my mum and she has been driving for 30 years.

Plus i have the best kind of experience which is race track experience and i bet i can drive better in the wet than the majority of you (try pouring rain on slicks).
It is also good because i dont have to be as much of a dickhead on the road cause i can get it out of me on the track

I did 60 logbook hours on my l's but would have done heaps more just couldnt be bothered to write them all in.
Yeah it's basically attitudes like that, that get kids wrapped around trees and telegraph poles.

walkahz

HSC

But like i said i dont need to be a dickhead on the road because i can go fast on the racetrack legaly and in a contolled environment.
And yes i am a much better driver than my mum. she clutch coasts doesnt indicate when she's sposed to and lots of other things.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)