• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

L plates to 100hrs (1 Viewer)

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Based on my experience with friends- those who faked the hours tended to fail their P's. There's a difference between 'exaggerating' and faking a whole bunch of hours.

Jiga

Yeah thats true. If you've done the hours and MORE, its alot easier to pass. Like I thought by my standards I stuffed my test up, but I still managed a pass. Meanwhile people with 20hours think they killed it and end yup failing :eek:

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Schoolies_2004 said:
Yeah thats true. If you've done the hours and MORE, its alot easier to pass. Like I thought by my standards I stuffed my test up, but I still managed a pass. Meanwhile people with 20hours think they killed it and end yup failing :eek:
That's exactly how I felt! In my test I'm like.. ahh crap I've just failed- there goes all my money. But then, it turned out, I passed! I was like.. WHOA OMG... and my only reasoning is that I actually did proper hours (for the mostpart) so I was quite confident and steady in my driving? *shrugs*

Jiga

Yeah personally I was confident in my own abilities..... during the test I wasnt really worried at all because I had racked up 70 hours of normal driving so driving virtually like a granny was basic. And even with what I rate as a stuff up near the start of the test... and me driving alittle like I I didnt care anymore and I still passed (Maybe it helped me!). Either Im an alrite driver or the system doesnt work :D

And I was told later by my friends the guy I had was one of the harder RTA people to get a pass from.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
I dunno about whether my guy was hard or not but I did my test in Castle Hill and screwed up twice on the roundabouts.

Armani

Corporate Member
HSC
N/A
I passed first go because I'd been driving on the highway heaps and focused on all the areas I didn't do so well to make sure I passed the test. I also got a professional driving instructor to teach me a few times just before I went for my test.

Jiga

Yeah that would be one of the biggest pieces of advice I could give to someone going for their P's.... before you do the test get like 2 or 2 lessons or so. Its not to learn how to drive obviously, but to get an idea of what your doing wrong and what you should be doing for the test... and then you can practice these without an instructor. Its small things like which way to look when reverse parking/3 poin turn, how to position the vehicle when turning left/right, how to approach rounabouts, techniques for how to reverse park properly every time etc. I wouldnt have passed if I didnt have at least 1 lesson. Also reading that booklet that has what the test is on helps, although it makes the test sound harder with all the 'If you dont do this, you instantly fail' etc.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
I'm inclined to think highway driving won't really improve your ability in the test apart from just improving confidence/general driving ability. I think the real test is whether or not you know the road rules and do everything as per the book- the lessons definitely helped. I had an instructor take me around the route (damn there are a lot of roundabouts) and that helps so much because the area was quite unfamiliar to me otherwise. If it wasn't for that, I probably wouldn't have known some of the roads because of the construction work going on (and blocking the view). Knowing the route (or the area) definitely helps.

As Bart Simpson put it.. it's a whole new kind of cheating.

SqUiMpY

HSC
lol this is the second time ive answered to this question it was on boostcruising too. No its not tru i went to the rta to book to go for my pz and i asked n no one else had a clue wat i was on about lol so its a no :p thank god

"Chubby"

HSC
hey, i heard that from the 1st july, the red p's test is increasing from 15 - 20 minutes to 1 hr. Could someone please clarify that for me?

SqUiMpY

HSC
doubt it it woulda been publicized more. . . the red Pz test im pretty sure lasts as long as it takes

Jiga

Yeah and the RTA already struggles with the short tests.... they are booked out for months at some registries. The only way 1 hr tests could be done is with more staff, which means more costs, so it wont happen!

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
I stalled once[ nearly shat myself when i was close to stalling from udnerreving the second time]
Took 4 movements to reverse park and was still not close to the curb...spent about 5-10mins doing that because it was a narrow street and cars instead of waiting were zooming passed = dangerous to try and park

Forgot to indicate when going left and the lights[ truth be told i did indicate, but it canceled and i didnt notice because the instructor chose that moment to chat...grrr]

waited for about 5mins at an intersection...this wasnt necessarily what i would do normally, but i was waiting for a gap that was obviously "safe" and where i dawdle to get through.

and passed the test with ease.

Jiga

waited for about 5mins at an intersection...this wasnt necessarily what i would do normally, but i was waiting for a gap that was obviously "safe" and where i dawdle to get through
Yeah I had to do that as well.... for the same reason, you have to drive like a snail in your test.

kb1509

NO COMPROMISE
HSC
my friend did his P test for 5 minutes
i suppose the instructor could sense he could actually drive

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)