La musique francophone (1 Viewer)

chepas

HSC
lol...

et toi, tou et toujours la`.... :D

En France, quel genre de musique plaît aux gars? Je crains aussi que c'est que le rap et cette 'musique' etc..... shudder.

:D.

Argh... now I've got the "QUand les hommes vivront d'amour, il n'y aura plus de misère" in my head, in it's billion covers......

lauraisadora

HSC
euh ben, ca depend, c comme partout ds le monde - ca depend des gens. yen avai un ki aimai bien indochine et les groupes comme ca. ta jamai ecoute <<j'ai demande a la lune>>?
yen avait des autres ki aimai bien les groupes comme linkin park, eminem...
encore des autres aimai bien tryo et noir desir - tu connais?

Last edited:

chepas

HSC
Je connais bien des noms des groupes lol mais je n'ai jamais entendu leur musique (Noir desir alors...).

Bien les groupes anglais (comme tu dis, Linkin Park, Eminem) ils envahissent le monde francophone et enfin le monde entier... c'est effrayant... ce qui fait peur a` ceux qui craignent que l'anglais deviendra la langue du monde, en ruinant les autres - ils ont raison :p.

Je n'ai pas écouté 'j'ai demande a la lune' - c'est une chanson d'Indochine alors? J'ai vu une emission d'eux enregistrée par les profs de OHS. C'était bien...

chepas

HSC
A pleasure for those ears to those who like Triple J...

For those who are into the kind of music Triple J plays and the kind of format that they run, I have found a very good French station that streams through the net.

Introducing:

CIBL 101,75 FM - La radio libre!
Their site: www.cibl.cam.org

It is a station that broadcasts in Montréal, Québec, and as far as I can tell they have a no-ad kind of charter. The music is pretty funky, in French (or as much as you can fathom out of the québécois accent!), and the banter laid back. So far as I have listened it's very good, very Triple J-esque. A good mix of decent music (as in, non pop), electronic/dance, hiphop etc. They have a good 'Palmarès' of musique québécoise as well.

They also play some anglo stuff.

Very much worth a listen too.

(And yes, those who know this about me, this is built into my fascination-cum-obsession with Québec :D! But by no stretch of the imagine should this be construed as Québec-bashing. A very legit, good find in the Francophone music scene!)

Amusez-vous bien!
Chépas :D.

piasimona

HSC
good french music!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! everyone look up KYO they ROCCCCCCCCCK i love them!!! also look up Jenifer, Natasha St-Pier, Amel Bent, Corneille, Chimene Badi, Pascal Obispo, Calogero.. man soooo many !!! just came back from france - was on exchange; if you want anymore music just lemme know :)

cheers
pia

malkin86

HSC
Has anyone heard of Sylvie Vartan? I'm having difficulty thinking of what kind of music she sings.. mainly humourous, I think. She uses a variety of stuff from Indian instruments to cabaret :S

chepas

HSC
Yeah I've heard of her, but the selection that I have downloaded/heard is very limited, and some of it is reeeeeaaally weird. If it's humourous, I wouldn't have known!

Hippy La-Laa

Stupid Pixie.
HSC
For all you French musos who also happen to be nightowls SBS brings you...

A four-part series on the diverse subject of French music, including the genres Chanson, Urban, World and Electro. The first episode focuses on ‘chanson' which literally means song but also defines the genre of popular music. Hosted by Juliette Bouquerel, this program will introduce France's best contemporary music covering artists such as Carla Bruni, who, after a successful modelling career has returned to her true love of music. Her first album released in 2002 sold more than a million copies worldwide and has established her as a highly regarded singer/songwriter. Also featured on this program are Rock outfit Ghinzu who are known for their charismatic and stellar live performances as well as Brigitte Fontaine a true veteran of the French Music scene who has now teamed up with artist M delivering her unique and kooky style of French Chanson. There's also Paris Combo, a Jazz pop crossover band with deep connections to Australia as they have not only toured here many times, but have an Australian trumpet player. (An SBS-TV production, in English) (*NEW SERIES*) CC

Looks mighty interesting. Chep- it has your Carla Bruni!

bubz :D

the last laugh
HSC
i was asking cherryblossom about french music a few weeks ago, she recommended jeremy chatelain and dionysos.

amel bent has a great voice, j'aime beaucoup! ecouter - amelbent.com. she sang at live 8 :D (btw, just curious, how would you pronounce her last name... bont?)

kyo also has some great stuff except i have no idea where to find it :|

je suis desolee, mais je ne parle pas beaucoup francais.. i did beginners last semester :p i'll come here if i need translations ;)

ps. joyeux anniversaire, chepas!!

Last edited:

ElGronko

Not premium
HSC
Fuck Off said:
Sniper, et IAM.

The rap francaphone est super.

Vous devriez essayer d'ecouter un peu.

On peut le download par kazaa.
quel sickcunt!

jazzi_jess

20 days to go!
HSC
(il n y a pas d'accents sur mon ordinateur, c'est difficile, desolee) mes parents ecoutent Celine Dion, elle a des bons chansons. j'adore "Ziggy-un garcon pas comme les autres" c'est assez drole... mais, quand je suis allee a nouvelle-caledonie, j'ai aime "Lorie", est-ce que vous avez l'ecoutez?

antooki

HSC
je car que la musique des cowboys fringants ces bon pour le theme de "l'environement"

est-ce que il y a des autres?

lulabelle

HSC
yay for all those Kyo lovers out there!

j'adore Kyo!!!! j'aime son album 'le chemin' surtout - comment te dire et derniere danse

licia101

HSC
when i returned from france at the start of the year i had so many french cd's but the best is l'enfoires. There are so many french celebrities singing on it....johnny halliday, gerard jugnot, yannick noah, jean-baptiste maunier, cathernine deneuve, amel bent, emmanuelle berat...even zidedine zidane and tina arena.

1harkina

HSC
Persephone87 said:
Hmm...France has not escaped the Britney Spears pop princess thing...they even have their own clones, called Loree and Alizee...

!
her name is lorie and she was in the top ten french singers who earned the most money in 2005 and she is the best french singer !!!

BoiledLollies

HSC
Salut a tous

Je viens de passer l'an 2006 en France comme etudiant d'exchange, et j'adorE Noir Desir (rock), Tryo (acoustic reggae), Peuple de L'Herbe (electronique), Manu Chao etc

and the whitlams song is 'love is everywhere' and he says 'je ne veux pas coucher avec toi ce soir'

amy

Yaou

HSC
Les hurlements de Léo a french acoustic rock/java band with nice lyrics are actually touring in australia :

04/01/2007 - AUSTRALIE Byron Bay
06/01/2007 - AUSTRALIE Sydney / Sydney Festival
07/01/2007 - AUSTRALIE Vanguard
10/01/2007 - AUSTRALIE Gosford
11/01/2007 - AUSTRALIE Sydney / Sydney Festival
12/01/2007 - AUSTRALIE Sydney / Basement
13/01/2007 - AUSTRALIE Melbourne
14/01/2007 - AUSTRALIE Sydney / Sydney Festival

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]French troubadours of gypsy, ska, chanson and rock, les hurlements de Leo, have been wowing audiences from Africa to Russia, from Canada to Syria and everywhere in between. Brimming with strings, horns, piano and accordion, Leo serve up spontaneous and explosive, continental-style style grooves. Their new album, ‘Temps Suspendu’ is out now through Filter Music/Shock. Guests: The Balkan Beasts. Doors: 8.30pm.

Enjoy ! :santa:
[/FONT]

http://www.hurlements.com/

Last edited:

Tete-De-Chou

HSC
Well I listen to Indochine, Camille, Najoua Belyzel, DobaCaracol, Barbara (L'aigle Noir), French Disney Soundtracks (Hakuna Matata! Woot!), Chimène Badi, Anais, Clemence, Fleur de Vanille, Françoise Hardy, Louis Attaque, Mylène Farmer, Indra, Mickey 3D (Le Sixième Sens= Love), Kyo, Léo Ferré, Les Enfoirés, Les Têtes Raides, Noir Désir, Lucie Silvas and Gregory Lemarchal, Natasha St-Pierre, Nolwenn Leroy, Olivia Ruiz, Vanessa Paradis.

Wow... That's alot.

Anyhoo.

What are some good francophone rock bands?

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)