lack of energy (1 Viewer)

loaves

HSC
Are you drinking plenty of water and not coffee/coke/juice?

Dietwise - smaller and more frequent meals. Snack on things like tuna, wholegrain crackers, almonds, fruit etc. Try and get rid of foods that have no nutritional value and replace them with something that does (even just swapping a chocolate bar for a smaller amount of dark chocolate is good). Make sure you're getting close to your 5 servings of veges every day, especially dark green stuff like broccoli (good for iron).

Try and do 20 - 30 mins of moderate exercise a day, even if it's just doing starjumps in your room or something (although going outside for a walk/jog is more refreshing). It's definitely true that this gives you more energy, especially if you do it in the morning.

apollo1

Banned
HSC
Are you drinking plenty of water and not coffee/coke/juice?

Dietwise - smaller and more frequent meals. Snack on things like tuna, wholegrain crackers, almonds, fruit etc. Try and get rid of foods that have no nutritional value and replace them with something that does (even just swapping a chocolate bar for a smaller amount of dark chocolate is good). Make sure you're getting close to your 5 servings of veges every day, especially dark green stuff like broccoli (good for iron).

Try and do 20 - 30 mins of moderate exercise a day, even if it's just doing starjumps in your room or something (although going outside for a walk/jog is more refreshing). It's definitely true that this gives you more energy, especially if you do it in the morning.
this is good advice.

muhahahahahaha

HSC
Sounds like a pattern I was doing for a while. Working night shifts then doing early morning classes. Took a long time to get over. Try to have a set sleeping pattern if possible. After a long time of sleep deprivation I got into a pattern of oversleeping and instead of feeling rested it just made me a zombie. Getting out of the house and organising something interesting to do definitely helps when you don't have any motivation for activity. And yes try to push through the difficulty excersizing, even going out for a walk makes all the difference. You'll feel 100% better afterwards. If you continue to have serious problems you may have chronic fatigue. If you have problems getting out of bed, sleeping, don't find enjoyment out of things that normally make you happy, feeling stressed/anxious all the time you might want to discuss these with a doctor.
yeah ive been sleeping earlier for the past week or so..12 is usually my deadline, but instead of feeling more energised, i feel horrible..super tired, cant be bothered doing anything. also, exam period is coming up soon and other family committments are also stressing the crap out of me. im usually really nervous around exam period, but i think this is the worst ive been in a while, i literally freak out non stop + i become really agitated so if anyone says the slightest thing to annoy me, it completely ticks me off and i go into schezo mode.

@loaves, i eat a lot of vegetables and fruits, not a big meat eater though. i eat it, but not a frequent thing in our household, most of our foods are vegetarian...we dont really enjoy eating meat a lot.
yeah im going to start getting back into exercise when my exams are over (so after next week) and yeah i think ill be more relaxed in terms of family committments too...ill be having the house to myself for a month after my exams are over.

CecilyMare

HSC
for some reason my parents keep buying pizza and tell me to eat leftovers. ): so much for eating healthy

muhahahahahaha

HSC
for some reason my parents keep buying pizza and tell me to eat leftovers. ): so much for eating healthy
omg..youre a leftovers victim too??? join the club, whenever there is still food left, my parents (mainly step mum) tell me to eat the leftover food...even if i dont want to, im still badly pressured into doing so. hahaha, if i leave the table and say "No" everyone gets angry at me lmao. story of my life.

apollo1

Banned
HSC
omg..youre a leftovers victim too??? join the club, whenever there is still food left, my parents (mainly step mum) tell me to eat the leftover food...even if i dont want to, im still badly pressured into doing so. hahaha, if i leave the table and say "No" everyone gets angry at me lmao. story of my life.
URGH same here. this was me to my mum on Sunday: "mum im going on a strict diet so plz dont buy any bad food"
the next day she comes home with two extra long spring rolls plus a box of that Choc orange chocolates. fml.

muhahahahahaha

HSC
URGH same here. this was me to my mum on Sunday: "mum im going on a strict diet so plz dont buy any bad food"
the next day she comes home with two extra long spring rolls plus a box of that Choc orange chocolates. fml.
lmao...we should start a leftovers legion so that we could just put our foot down and fight our persistent parents! grrr at parents.
my grandma is worse though..every time i go over, shes like omg, you look skinny, youve lost weight, come come..ill put you food..
me=no gran, im not hungry but thank you, maybe later on
gran=no! you come here and eat now!!! or im not going to talk to you!!!!
shes scary though, like no one can argue with her or theyll be expecting something seriously ugly to come their way. NO ONE argues with her and when someone questions her, she snaps like there is no tomorrow lol.

alixxx

HSC
remember to breathe! oxygen to the brain might help. i went thru the same thing of eating less and somehow focused better :D Einstein was apparently anorexic but don't go on the wrong track lol he's a special guy keep eating protein at least your haemoglobin levels are up
or maybe it's the meds. dah.

muhahahahahaha

HSC
remember to breathe! oxygen to the brain might help. i went thru the same thing of eating less and somehow focused better :D Einstein was apparently anorexic but don't go on the wrong track lol he's a special guy keep eating protein at least your haemoglobin levels are up
or maybe it's the meds. dah.
omgoosh, einstein was anorexic? lol im not anorexic, im normal in terms of weight and height whatever else there is.
yeah maybe more meat...that might help.
haha the meds are killing me, backpain sometimes and muscle pain..kills like hell, but its worth it...ohh its so worth it.

effylove

carpe vinum
HSC
I use to be ano
those were some fun times

The other day I found my 'pro-ana' diary. lol so fucked up.
I would write messages to 'ana' asking for help. And 'she'd' write back with meal plans between 200-300 calories a day.

lololol so fucked up.

apollo1

Banned
HSC
I use to be ano

I would write messages to 'ana' asking for help. And 'she'd' write back with meal plans between 200-300 calories a day.

lololol so fucked up.
wtf is pro-ana?

muhahahahahaha

HSC
I use to be ano
:O why were you ano??? i went through a phase back in year 8 where i thought i was super fat even though i was actually quite skinny....good times. stopped eating, started exercising like crazy...yep, those were the days. (btw, i did it cos all the dudes at my school used to say that i was fat, and all the girls used to tell me that i was skinny, but i didnt believe the chicks cos i thought that dudes were more honest..i.e. like how theye not afraid to tell you that your bum looks big those jeans!)

effylove

carpe vinum
HSC
hmm how to describe pro-ana

A movement, largely internet-based, that portrays anorexia (and sometimes bulimia; other eating disorders, such as compulsive overeating, are not part of the pro-ana movement) as a lifestyle choice rather than a disease or disorder. Countless websites devoted to the concept have sprung up on the internet, and it has been the object of much (largely negative) media attention. The larger pro-ana sites tend to feature message boards, chat rooms, or other forums for communication. There is some distinction between sites: sites that are defensive of "ana" (this word is often associated with pro-ana individuals) as a positive lifestyle choice, those who advocate eating disorder acceptance rather than active promotion of such disorders (these may not portray themselves as pro-ana), and sites that support anorexia without offering support to individuals attempting to "develop" the disorder.

something fucked up like that

effylove

carpe vinum
HSC
:O why were you ano??? i went through a phase back in year 8 where i thought i was super fat even though i was actually quite skinny....good times. stopped eating, started exercising like crazy...yep, those were the days. (btw, i did it cos all the dudes at my school used to say that i was fat, and all the girls used to tell me that i was skinny, but i didnt believe the chicks cos i thought that dudes were more honest..i.e. like how theye not afraid to tell you that your bum looks big those jeans!)
i don't remember why
just a bored spoilt little girl

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
I use to be ano

lololol so fucked up.
ahah fuck wow

effylove

carpe vinum
HSC
effy..im confused now...so ana helped you be skinny or helped you get over your anorexia??
hahahahah fuck

The ano's who are really fucked up sort of personify the disorder as a person/split personality.

Ana 'helps' you be skinny.

I'll upload some when I get home and you can appreciate how fucked up it is

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)