• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Laptops?!? (1 Viewer)

Grizzly

euphoric
HSC
AsyLum said:
Haha, i wish i had a laptop, id be browsing my pr0...i mean mp...i mean *runs*
hahahahaha, pr0 .. n o way ?! :p

Grizzly

euphoric
HSC
iambored said:
mq was thinking of getting wireless for students, i don't know what's happened with that

crossant connection - how does that work? i didn't know the place existed, where is it?

did anyone get the email about the laptops at student prices? mq were getting good deals. they were expensive, you can get better deals at the shops
Wireless is available ONLY in the COMP labs, and ONLY for ones with ICS logins.

atm, its only a pilot...altough those technicians in the lib last semester seemed to be installing somefing..

^___^
HSC
eh

i don't really see a point of having a laptop around the uni
i mean, i do a few COMP units,and its not like you need to have a laptop with you on the spot to do anything

the only advantage i can see of bring in a laptop is that u can use something in the labs when all the comps are occupied

MaryJane

Extraordinary Machine
HSC
iambored said:
mq was thinking of getting wireless for students, i don't know what's happened with that

crossant connection - how does that work? i didn't know the place existed, where is it?

did anyone get the email about the laptops at student prices? mq were getting good deals. they were expensive, you can get better deals at the shops
Cros Conn is opposite Geffro's, or whatever that surf shop is called. Its great: cheap coffee and free internet :D... now my little hideout is going to be inundated with BOS MQ students, but I can share only because I love you all oh-so-much!

Grizzly

euphoric
HSC
... said:
eh

i don't really see a point of having a laptop around the uni
i mean, i do a few COMP units,and its not like you need to have a laptop with you on the spot to do anything

the only advantage i can see of bring in a laptop is that u can use something in the labs when all the comps are occupied
always be handy in the library

..plus, u always gotta wait like 15mins to use a comp in the lib.

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Grizzly said:
..plus, u always gotta wait like 15mins to use a comp in the lib.
it's generally alright, ie. less than 15 minutes (unless it's raining or a hot day).

you just have to time it, like getting seats in exam-period (or thereabouts)

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
MaryJane said:
Cros Conn is opposite Geffro's, or whatever that surf shop is called. Its great: cheap coffee and free internet :D... now my little hideout is going to be inundated with BOS MQ students, but I can share only because I love you all oh-so-much!
lol thanks that's great, too bad i don't have a laptop

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)