lateral thinking (1 Viewer)

HSC
N/A
The maths forums are beyond the control of the Grammar police, we abide to no law but the law of maths. Now go back to your cupboard Grammar police and police your own grammar, by the looks of things your own state is corrupted with grammar thieves, yourself being one.

Last edited:
G

grammar_police

Report 1324

We regret to inform the public that, due to alcohol abuse by certain members of the Grammar Police, some improper grammar activities were conducted in the name of the law. Rorix was right in pointing out the unnecessary capitalisation in previous posts. Internal investigations are continuing. Withoutaface, you are guilty of both disrespecting the Grammar Police and leaving out a required comma between "idiot" and "as".

Unfortunately, Utopia, your heresy is rank with poor grammar and not conceptually valid. "Grammar police" should be either "grammar_police" or, preferably, "Grammar Police". The comma between "police" and "we" should be a semicolon. There were far too many clauses in that second sentence and the punctuation was ridiculous. You are clearly over the legal limit for grammatical errors.

What are "grammar thieves", Utopia?

Last edited by a moderator:

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
grammar_police said:
We regret to inform the public that, due to alcohol abuse by certain members of the Grammar Police, some improper grammar activities were conducted in the name of the law. Rorix was right in pointing out the unnecessary capitalisation in previous posts. Internal investigations are continuing. Withoutaface, you are guilty of both disrespecting the Grammar Police and leaving out a required comma between "idiot" and "as".

Unfortunately, Utopia, your heresy is rank with poor grammar and not conceptually valid. "Grammar police" should be either "grammar_police" or, preferably, "Grammar Police". The comma between "police" and "we" should be a semicolon. There were far too many clauses in that second sentence and the punctuation was ridiculous. You are clearly over the legal limit for grammatical errors.

What are "grammar thieves", Utopia?
Mr. grammar_police, my name is not capitalised, no matter where it may fall in a sentence.

G

grammar_police

Regardless of what you'd like to think, Withoutaface, if your "name" isn't capitalised it mustn't be a proper noun. If it's not a proper noun, then it's not a name. Even if it were to remain in lower-case, it would obtain a capital at the beginning of a sentence. Go back to primary school.

Estel

Tutor
HSC
grammar_police said:
Even if it were to remain in lower-case, it would obtain a capital at the beginning of a sentence. Go back to primary school.
Your incorrect hyphenation is appaling. Surely you would understand the rules of grammar to a sufficient degree to know that the use of a compound modifier after a modified subject does not warrant the use of a hypen.

Go back to primary school.

HSC
N/A
can some one tell me to go back to primary school. primary school was fucking hectic. primary school for life is what i want.

G

grammar_police

Estel said:
Your incorrect hyphenation is appaling. Surely you would understand the rules of grammar to a sufficient degree to know that the use of a compound modifier after a modified subject does not warrant the use of a hypen.

Go back to primary school.
Unfortunately, both I and 'The Concise Macquarie Dictionary' disagree. I shall stay right where I am.

Last edited by a moderator:
G

grammar_police

One more thing...

The dictionary also contains the word "appalling".

Estel

Tutor
HSC
grammar_police said:
Unfortunately, both I and 'The Concise Macquarie Dictionary' disagree. I shall stay right where I am.
Unfortunately, both 'English Plus' and 'The Concise Oxford Dictionary' disagree with you. I feel it is unnecessary for me to discuss my viewpoint on this any further.

[The phrase "both I and (noun)" was also improper.]

Spelling and grammar are not always related. In the example above, it is out of your jurisdiction.

Last edited:
G

grammar_police

Impressive.

I'm sure that debate could rage forever. You'd make a good Grammar Policeperson, Estel. If you're ever feeling like you hate the world in general, there's a job for you at the Department.

We're done here. Move along citizens.

the00sellen

HSC
English has finished...

I am sorry, but i find this argument quite lame! English was over nearly 2 weeks ago, 3 unit has even passed!!! GET OVER THE UNGRAMMATICAL CONSTRUCTIONS and get on with your lives...

SeDaTeD

HSC
I want some maths. None of this grammar business.

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
Actually, I quite enjoy grammar. Keep it up.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)