• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Latham or Howard? (1 Viewer)

Who would u vote if u had to choose b/w the following:

• Latham

Votes: 344 65.4%
  • Howard

Votes: 182 34.6%

• Total voters

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
As are alot of the 'truths' supplied by ALL political parties.
That would be like me telling alp supporters to go to the liberal website 'SEE! it says they're the best government ever!'

timrie6

HSC
N/A
Not-That-Bright said:
Was latham going to make university free?
Is university the ONLY concern in my life?
How was the iraq war started over GREED?
That entire website is just stupid propaganda... all of the 'truths' are indeed themselves deceptive.
1. No, but he wasn't going to add a further 25% to University fees ($15,000 in my case). Maybe if Liberals had never got in, Uni would still be free like it should be instead of an elitist institution. Put it this way - because Liberals have got in, if I don't get a scholarship, I can't go to Uni.

2. University education may not concern you, but at this point in time it determines the rest of my life, and I feel pretty strongly about the possibility of not being able to go. As I'm sure many people would.

3. Iraq is not connected with terrorism, yet we invaded on that basis. A Preemptive attack. George Bush told his advisers to find a connection between Iraq and september 11 on the day of the attacks. They couldn't find anything so they made it up- all because they wanted control of their oil. They went against International Law which undermines the United Nations.

Do you really think this war is justified? 15,000 innocent people have died in Iraq - I am appalled at such senseless loss of life. Only 3,000 people died in September 11, which Iraq was not involved in. In fact the body count of children alone in Iraq is 3,000.

Here is a visual aid for the numerically and morally challenged:
http://www.mykeru.com/bodycount.html

4. The website shows direct quotes from John Howard, and the undeniable truth below it, which funnily enough, differs from John Howard's version of reality. I'd like to see you argue with any of the points made on that site.

Attached is a cartoon which I think accurately portrays our current world leaders.

Last edited:

paper cup

pamplemousse
HSC
Generator said:
Labor introduced HECS.
They did too NOW HERE'S THE EDIT and despite all that he did for education and health Whitlam is still regarded as one of our worst PMs...go figure.
timrie I'm assuming you're refering to full fee, because HECS shouldn't cost that much....which uni are you aiming for?
NSB seeing as this is a student community...comprised largely of...eh well I won't say intelligent, but reasonably intellectually endowed....high and uni students, uni is quite a relevant issue to people here...

Last edited:

Ziff

HSC
N/A
cherryblossom said:
They did too, and despite that Whitlam is still regarded as one of our worst PMs...go figure.
timrie I'm assuming you're refering to full fee, because HECS shouldn't cost that much....which uni are you aiming for?
NSB seeing as this is a student community...comprised largely of...eh well I won't say intelligent, but reasonably intellectually endowed....high and uni students, uni is quite a relevant issue to people here...
HECS was introduced under Hawke.

paper cup

pamplemousse
HSC
Ziff said:
HECS was introduced under Hawke.
oh shit sorry, brain fuzzled today. must have been Grace...she was going on about how edu was free under whitlam and that messed my facts. editted now.

gem_max

HSC
timrie6 said:
$75,000 will be my HECS debt in 5 years
HECS corresponds to the income of the payer doesnt it? Those with a higher income pay more per subject band. You sure youre not reading the International Fee part?

gem_max

HSC
haha ok... ive never had to take much notice of it because of my scholarship :p man that makes me sounds ignorant hey...

but anywho I still cant believe the $75000 bit... uuum what course costs that much? My uni also chose not to raise HECS fees so I guess thats another reason why such a high number stumps me so.

As for that man boobs bit well i guess thats one way to decide! haha funny.

paper cup

pamplemousse
HSC
Asquithian said:
30680 is the hecs current debt for law

thats not including books and what not

HOWEVER

if there is a 25% rise it will be in the order of 38 000

i think...im arts law...i dont know what maths is
oh shit...that's for a combined degree is it asq?
that really really sucks

Jago

el oh el donkaments
HSC
looks like i'll HAVE to get a scholarship then...

paper cup

pamplemousse
HSC
Asquithian said:
aarrrrge why are you here>? you are meant to be studying?

im here because unsw has online acess to lotsa jounrnals allowing me to research from the safety of my computer room :uhhuh:
sure asqy....
I only have one sub to cram for, and xayma etc scared the shit out of me so I'm doing chem now. why is it that all the math nerds support liberal?

jameseginton

HSC
You do realise you only pay HECS once you earn over $35K per year and it is taken out of your pay cheque. Many people i know dont even know that its been taken. If you want to pay your uni course upfront you also get a discount. I wouldn't be worried about the cost of HECS, its minimal in the end

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
Asquithian said:
30680 is the hecs current debt for law

thats not including books and what not

HOWEVER

if there is a 25% rise it will be in the order of 38 000

i think...im arts law...i dont know what maths is
oh no! poor lawyers of the future!
everyone loves lawyers!

paper cup

pamplemousse
HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
oh no! poor lawyers of the future!
everyone loves lawyers!
ah *sigh*
where is frigid when you need him...
*yells* FRIDGE!!!

craz

HSC
Yea keep it open. Plus its more opportunities to talk about the wonderful life of politicians. Just because this election is over...doesn't mean you can't talk about the next one.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)