Law degrees "useless" (1 Viewer)

sikeveo

back after sem2
HSC
phrred said:
How?
Im sure they would all cost more to run than law
It is, i remember seeing a document where it showed how much the government contributes to the unis for CSP places. Law was subsidised by the govt. by only a couple of hundred dollars, whereas science, med, eng, etc was around 13k or so. I remember seeing agricultural science as the highest.

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
xoa said:
In my opinion, from what I was exposed to in that first year, both the science and business components were close to useless. The science units warehoused hundreds of students in a gigantic lecture theatre while the lecturer recited the material. Watching my lecturer from about 50 metres away was my only real contact with academic staff for most units. But it didn't matter, because the material was so rudimentary anyway. Assessment for science was largely comprised of computer graded multiple choice exams and laboratories which seemed to involve following a recipe more than learning anything, or the scientific processes behind what we were doing. We were told to use the 2B pencil with care when completing exams because if the computer failed to process our paper that was too bad. The post-graduate science students who supervised our laboratories seemed to be visibly depressed. It was clear that most of them were supervisors because they couldn't get work anywhere else.
Off topic, but that's a completely accurate description of first year science, or at least just physics for me. Enough to make me hate physics forever.

Templar

P vs NP
HSC
phrred said:
How?
Im sure they would all cost more to run than law
That's what he said, that law costs much less to run than the rest of them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)