Lear - Dramatic Techniques (1 Viewer)

HSC
pretty much talk about how dramatic techniques enhanced your view
(which is already heightened by readings etc etc)

i assumed the beginning that said "in your view" meant personal response

HSC
nirvanafreak02 said:
pretty much talk about how dramatic techniques enhanced your view
(which is already heightened by readings etc etc)

i assumed the beginning that said "in your view" meant personal response
haha yeah this whole module was about our own personal response

shanks27

HSC
we did this question almost exactly for an assessment earlier in the year and dramatic techniques were basically anything- language, motifs, construction, stage directions, characterisation anything that enhance's the meaning for a purpose.

You had to discuss both your view and its reception in different contexts because of the second dot point in the rubric on the exam itself.

also i noticed it said ideas, meaning plural, so showing receptions that contrasted your view would of satisfied that portion of the question. Overall i didn't think it was that bad a question fairly simple and alot less specific than previous years

cccclaire

HSC
Alex499 said:
crap.
How much do you think I'll be marked down for doing like 60 Shakespeare 40 Eyre? I incorporated the Eyre part though, said some bs about memorable ideas being portrayed through the continued adaptation throughout the ages.

The continual adaptation throughout the ages part is good, the 40% Eyre is wayyy too much.

I called the HSC advice line last night and asked "do we need to include productions", her response was "mention them, at the most"

Rhanoct

zzzzz
HSC
in the way of techniques i talked about: motifs, metaphoric storm, animal & hellish imagery, imperative tone, repetition, sililoquy (i never spell this right so whatever), 5 act structure and tried to say how they all impart a sense of drama etc. despite how easy this q was i dont think ill get more than 17 :(

only used the brook/eliot productions once to support the nihilist/humanist readings because i was writing really slowly... i think i conveyed my personal response very strongly which im happy about... mentioned textual integrity bla bla -.- i think i included all the necessary elements just didnt fuse it all properly

oh well, GTFO ADV ENG =)

Last edited:

snitty

HSC
Hello, I'm just using a friend's name, but did sit the exam today!

Regarding "In your view", did this mean you had to explicitly say, "my view is...I think...", or does 'your view' come through an analysis and comparison of other contexts, including Shakespeare's? The latter is how I was taught.

fleck27

HSC
I talked about tragic structure, tragic recognition, setting, costuming, stage directions etc.

My whole planned thing was pretty much all about it, lucky hey....wish I could have said the same for module A >_<

supanora

HSC
lol i talked about the themes, structure, climax, and message coz i didnt know what dramatic techniques were! but within those paragraphs i had examples of symbolism and irony.

How bad is that??

UAI aim: 70 would be awesome!
Subjects: Eng Adv, Legal Studies, Modern History, Studies of Religion II and Society and Culture

vmoore

HSC
shanks27 said:
we did this question almost exactly for an assessment earlier in the year and dramatic techniques were basically anything- language, motifs, construction, stage directions, characterisation anything that enhance's the meaning for a purpose.

You had to discuss both your view and its reception in different contexts because of the second dot point in the rubric on the exam itself.

also i noticed it said ideas, meaning plural, so showing receptions that contrasted your view would of satisfied that portion of the question. Overall i didn't think it was that bad a question fairly simple and alot less specific than previous years
sweet that is exactly what i did :)
i was getting re3ally worried reading this forum... i think ill stop coming on ehre cos it just stresses me out.
good luck for the rest of your exams and results

Zephyrio

HSC
-WaxingLyrical- said:
Why are you so insistent that 'you're screwed'?

We had a similar question for one of our assessments earlier on in the year and although my selection of dramatic techniques wasn't the best, I still managed to pull in 90% for that assessment. If your understanding of Lear shows through in the essay and your language is sophisticated (or near enough) then you should still be okay.
I love how you impart reason into others without having the distinct arrogant tone others around this board seem to have.

Emmarr

HSC
i talked about the exageration of the characters, the repetitive use of themes and the use of symbolism

was i on the right track?

duck.fluff

Usyd BVSc II
HSC
well I fucked it up worse than you all sound like you did.
I talked about different productions continually revealing the same memorable concepts. I focused on the responsibility of man for his own tragedies and how Brian Blessed looks at this 'memorable idea' in a differeent light.
I just threw in techniques because it gets brownie points.

Completely different to everyone else. Damn.

HSC
I basically discussed specific events and scenes and how Shakespeare uses dramtic techniques to enhance the memorable ideas in these events/scenes.
Storm scene, the fool and his mockery of lear, gloucesters irony and 1 paragraph on how Blessed adapts these dramtic techniques to portray his own reading/ideas.

aurora11

HSC
wow, how did any of you manage to talk about so many different things? i pretty much focussed on motifs and themes as dramatic techniques and a couple of different readings and productions....

HSC
Bekhit said:
ppl some1 answer me n offer me some insight lol
am i screwed??
LOL 4pages.. mm how bigs ur writing. i must admit 4 pages probably not enough but not tooo damaging (if your wiriting is small)

Btw- nice use of techniques..it should cash in somee points..

o0-Prodigy-0o

HSC
If you talked about the king lear thoroughly enough you'll be fine... to get those A's you need to thoroughly talk about the techniques so don't worry you'll be fine :D

thommy

HSC
N/A
Who talked about the motifs to the eyes, eg "We shall never SEE her face again"?

munchkink8

HSC
Characterisation, subplot, interactions with other characters.... I really don't think they're going to be too fussy about what you consider to be a dramatic technique, as I'm sure they know that school's generally teach it is literary rather than dramatic. I was pretty with happy with it.... meh

Bekhit

HSC
marinabenyamin said:
LOL 4pages.. mm how bigs ur writing. i must admit 4 pages probably not enough but not tooo damaging (if your wiriting is small)

Btw- nice use of techniques..it should cash in somee points..
yeh didn u read ma post...i left it 2 last n didn really care much bout it
my writins not 2 big like mayb fit 10 words a line if not more
r u 1 of those ppl da write like 3 booklets n fink it will get u da band 6s
benyamin lol

Last edited:

JMC555

HSC
Doing drama really helped with this question - i talked about conflict, tension, symbolism, imagery and characterisation. But at our school we focused heaps on personal response - what was the deal with that?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)