Lectures & Tutes (1 Viewer)

gman03

HSC
mojako said:
lol i had lecture in biomed theatre then another lecture in applied science
walking is good for u lol
biomed theatre before applied science - :uhhuh:

biomed theatre after applied science - :mad:

assuming the time given to travel between the two locations is 2 mins max. Hell cares if you have an hour break or more.

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
MAICHI said:
Most lectures finish 10-20 mins early, the 2 hour finance lecture sometimes finish 40+ mins early.

ReNcH, I think you worry too much about small things, with 99.95 UAI, you should breeze through uni.
Hehe, you're probably right :p
As for finding uni a breeze, I think we'll have to wait and see :)

yook

HSC
so for commerce
in sem 1.. all students will study micro1, acct+fin1a, and quantitive meth. a??

what do u mean you can choose an elective
wat type??

also.. should u leave a time break between lectures and or tutes.. is it shit to have consecutive lectures

Last edited:

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
I know it's probably a matter of personal preference, but from your experience do you reckon it's better to go to uni for three days, each from ~10am-5pm (cramming all the lectures/tutes you can into one day) or to spread the lessons across four days from ~10am-2pm? In my case, I'm probably about an hour away from UNSW coz I'm on the North Shore.

ricenoodles

HSC
In my first year of uni I had 4 days with 10-2. Now I go 3 days with varying times. My preference is 3 days as it gives me an extra day off from uni to do other things. Oh, and it takes me 1.5hrs to get to uni. 3 hrs travel time each day is a bitch.

yook

HSC
i would prefer fewer days with longer hours.. im aiming for three..

yook

HSC
for the elective, say i want to major in fin and acct.. can i just choose ANYthing for acct from the list

also.. there are labs in quantitive?? wat do u do in them :S

btw, thanks idyll for the other reply

Last edited:

MAICHI

HSC
N/A
~ ReNcH ~ said:
I know it's probably a matter of personal preference, but from your experience do you reckon it's better to go to uni for three days, each from ~10am-5pm (cramming all the lectures/tutes you can into one day) or to spread the lessons across four days from ~10am-2pm? In my case, I'm probably about an hour away from UNSW coz I'm on the North Shore.
3 days is not bad I think, but try to spread the tutorials over the 3 days, and also try not to have 3 consecutive days. If you have quizzes, it's better to have gaps in between so you can cram.

MAICHI

HSC
N/A
yook said:
for the elective, say i want to major in fin and acct.. can i just choose ANYthing for acct from the list
You can choose anything, as long as you meet the requirements. If you are major in fins and acct, you would pick fins1612/1613 in first year as electives since there are no other acct subjects except for the compulsory 1a/b.

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
MAICHI said:
3 days is not bad I think, but try to spread the tutorials over the 3 days, and also try not to have 3 consecutive days. If you have quizzes, it's better to have gaps in between so you can cram.
Do those quizzes get counted towards your overall mark? Or are they just "progress tests" to see how you're going?

If anything I guess I could try out 3 days in S1 and 4 days in S2 or the other way around...

yook

HSC
fanks maichi.. guess fins 1612 is my elective

when do u do the gened thing

MAICHI

HSC
N/A
~ ReNcH ~ said:
Do those quizzes get counted towards your overall mark? Or are they just "progress tests" to see how you're going?
Yes they are counted towards your overall mark. Some subjects have many quizzes, take fins1613 as an example, it has 4 quizzes which are worth 10 marks each, and so it is worth 40% of your overall mark. For other subjects that don't have so many quizzes, they usually have other form of assessments such as presentations, assignments, or mid-session exam.

I think last session, I had an assessment for every subject in week 7. But usually it's about one assessment per every week starting from week 4. I think you can only get one assessment task per subject per week, so the maximum amount of assessments you can have in one week would be four.

yook said:
when do u do the gened thing
I think you can't do it in first year if you are commerce student. You need to have at least completed 48 credits before you can attempt gened. So next summer this time, you can do gened.

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
MAICHI said:
Yes they are counted towards your overall mark. Some subjects have many quizzes, take fins1613 as an example, it has 4 quizzes which are worth 10 marks each, and so it is worth 40% of your overall mark. For other subjects that don't have so many quizzes, they usually have other form of assessments such as presentations, assignments, or mid-session exam.
Oh ok...and so it's pretty much a mini-exam that they'd give you a week or two's notice for?

unmentionable

HSC
~ ReNcH ~ said:
Oh ok...and so it's pretty much a mini-exam that they'd give you a week or two's notice for?
all the assessment details should be in the course outline which is given to you in your first lecture

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
Btw. on a different note, how do enrol for UNSW? Is the entire process completed online, or do you have to physically go to the uni as well?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)