Legal Studies 2021 Predictions / Thoughts (1 Viewer)

zizi2003_

HSC
probably about how they've been given greater powers in recent years (particularly the introduction of Crimes Amendment (Consorting and Organised Crime) Act 2012) and how that's an ineffective aspect of law reform or some shit ahahhahah cuz it doess't balance the rights of individuals against the interests of the community

i used that for like a balancing question earlier in the year so i just wanna stuff that into whatever question they ask
OMG WAITT i remember talking about this in year 11 AHAHAH it's abt the outlaw motorcycle gangs right🤣
but yeeee it's a pretty solid argument!

iwanttodogoodinschool

HSC
OMG WAITT i remember talking about this in year 11 AHAHAH it's abt the outlaw motorcycle gangs right🤣
but yeeee it's a pretty solid argument!
OHH AHAH IS IT?? i just said it introduced a range of measures aimed at organised criminal gangs, including making it a criminal offence with a maximum penalty of 3 years imprisonment or a $15,000 fine for ‘habitually consorting with convicted offenders.’

zizi2003_

HSC
ok so heres what im confused about- ik preventative detention is part of the sentencing and punishments (post-sentencing) in the syllabus
BUT my teacher said it shouldnt be used for paragraphs/essays based on sentencing only coz it's more geared towards the investigation process (since the individual hasnt actually committed a crime yet)
so yea,, best bet is to not use it unless the question is broad enough and based on the 'cjs'

specificagent1

HSC
ok so heres what im confused about- ik preventative detention is part of the sentencing and punishments (post-sentencing) in the syllabus
BUT my teacher said it shouldnt be used for paragraphs/essays based on sentencing only coz it's more geared towards the investigation process (since the individual hasnt actually committed a crime yet)
should fall under post sentencing considerations which is part of the criminal trial process?

iwanttodogoodinschool

HSC
ohhh interesting, idk imma just go with what it says in the syllabus and use it for post-sentencing or wtv

ExtremelyBoredUser

Bored Uni Student
HSC
Long Response Question:

Mock Trial Competition (40 marks):
Go to the front of the hall and be seated for a mock trial, you will receive your roles and have 1 hour of planning before you defend/argue your case against an opponent who will be on the other side. Whoever wins will get the 40 marks but whoever loses will lose their 40 marks.

Should NESA do this at this point, they already fkd everyone up so this would be one of the more reasonable questions.

zizi2003_

HSC
what syllabus dotpoitns do u guys reckon they could ask for the essay?
i feel like: police powers, statutory guidelines (mandatory sentencing), role of juries, defences, types of penalties and purposes of punishment
sections: young offenders or int crime (tho hope not)

specificagent1

HSC
Long Response Question:

Mock Trial Competition (40 marks):
Go to the front of the hall and be seated for a mock trial, you will receive your roles and have 1 hour of planning before you defend/argue your case against an opponent who will be on the other side. Whoever wins will get the 40 marks but whoever loses will lose their 40 marks.

Should NESA do this at this point, they already fkd everyone up so this would be one of the more reasonable questions.
legal studies is about learning the system not learning how to be a lawyer. so that be kinda unfair

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)