Legal Studies or Business Studies? (1 Viewer)

Legal Studies or Business?

• Total voters
HSC
I'm contemplating what to pick next year & I'm indecisive about these two subjects. What are the pros & cons of both subjects. Which do you prefer?

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
I don't do either, but i've read notes for both subjects by two good friends who are topping both subjects.

Legal seems much more interesting in my opinion and has better scaling :)

Last edited:

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
I don't do either, but i've read notes for both subjects by two good friends who are topping both subjects.

Legal seems much more interesting in my opnion and has better scaling :)
Exactly what I'd say ^_^

minus the spelling error in the word opinion ;)

JayNoob

zzz
HSC
All teachers say not to pick based on scaling, but anyway in my opinion business studies would be more useful unless you are serious about studying law or anything related.

Miz Janani

HSC
Well i do both..

And i picked business. But only because we have a really good teacher for business and a crappy one for legal.

But content wise...

In year 11 i think legal is extremely boring but improves imensely in year 12.
For business, i think it can be an interesting subject, but it will not necessarily help you in the future..

For both subjects, there is a lot of content.

I suggest you pick on you think you would be more interested in doing rather than scaling. This is only so you dont get bored of the subject.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Do whatever interests you really. Scaling-wise, they are similar and scaling is not important so don't pay much attention to that.

mycatatemydog

HSC
N/A
whatever you do. DO NOT DO BUSINESS arrrrrrh
i heard legal wasnt any greater really
stay away.

mesbaz

HSC
N/A
For me business was really dry. Like very very boring. So i changed to legal. Much more interesting. But when it comes to studying, just like business, very boring. Its fun to discuss, read about, but not to study for. The hsc exam actually kills the subject if that makes sense.

TBK11

HSC
Take legal, its very interesting and easy and if your good at essays ull own it for sure business studies is just complete BS that's why its called business studies cause its BS :D

ForbiddenND

HSC
Do business if you do eco cause they kinda correlate with each other. Legal is basically memorizing while business is more common sense. BTW I do all eco, bus and legal.

d3vilz

HSC
Uni Grad
I'm contemplating what to pick next year & I'm indecisive about these two subjects. What are the pros & cons of both subjects. Which do you prefer?
i do both but i prefer legal cos i'm =1st in the course and the content is a bit more interesting. business i'm in the top 10 (peak = 2), but i find there is too much content to remember and the course can be a bit dry.

slyhunter

Retired
HSC
Do business if you do eco cause they kinda correlate with each other. Legal is basically memorizing while business is more common sense. BTW I do all eco, bus and legal.
studying for eco and business is EPIC BORING, really dry stuff

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
From year 10 commerce the legal section was one of the most boring topics in my school life.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)