lemon detox diet? (1 Viewer)

Nat3skiz

HSC
sladehk said:
i really DOUBT these kinda things. just change your diet/lifestyle foods then you should be able to lose weight if you keep up some regular exercise
its a detox not a weight loss program.

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
Haha despite what everyone has said on these boards, I beg to differ.

I'm on my 5th day of the lemon detox and I feel great!

It helped a lot with destroying my emotional attachment to smoking. I quit smoking alil over a month ago, which to me is amazing because i've tried to quit so many times before and wouldn't even last a day (all through the hsc and all through uni). I've managed to quit, seven days i was rid of my chemical dependence on smoking however i was still emotionally attached to it. (i.e i'de see a co-worker smoking and wish i could join them, I now see them and wish they'de stop)

The Lemon Detox Fast that I've been on has done wonders. The first 2 days it was all one psychological hell, one of the most challenging things I've ever done. I'm on my 5th day of doing it. I literally feel at peace with myself now. I'm not hungry, my energy levels have increased and I no longer feel "bleh and fat" (which i've been feeling a lot pre-detox). My skin is glowing and people have commented that I look different (better different). I do have lots of energy, I went to work, felt more alert by my 3rd day, I've cut back on the gym while on this diet, however i still do a few k's after dinner (walking) with my boyfriend.

In summary the benefits that have happened to me

no more emotional attachment to smoking
Lost 2.5kgs (end of day 5) - other people have lost more, but they weighed a lot more i think and I think i was reasonably healthy in terms of what i put into my mouth pre-detox
This may sound a bit fluffy, but I honestly feel so at peace with myself. Like some type of spiritual clensing has happened, like i've gained a power within myself.
I'm CRAVING healthy food
I'm repulsed at processed and fast foods.
I can resist temptation in the face of crazy temptation i.e (I made burritos for 8 people the other night and I've been constantly making sandwiches and dinner for my boyfriend)
Glowing skin
A confidence, I've never had before
The motivation to kickstart a healthy lifestyle, after this detox.

I've finished the standard 5 days, however I may go on and do 7 which is the optimum (recommended is 5 days for first time detoxers and 7 is for the experienced). I'm feeling fine, like I could keep going if i wanted to even though this is my first time. However we will see, how I feel tommorow.

I do need time to "phase" back into normal food though by sat, as I have to attend an engagement picnic in Canberra. Hrrmm

Anyway if anyone wants to know more about it, I'm happy to answer questions. I was recommended to do it by my naturopath whose keeping tabs on me in terms of measurements and stuff.

Last edited:

rozymisty

HSC
Someone at work did it and lost 7kg. As anurse, id be careful about it, coz yes its hard to not crave solid foods. And most of what you lsoe would be water and stuff like that.

lol get glycoprep if you want to detox..that stuff will give you th runs for sure!!!!

HSC
omg i did the lemon detox.. gave up first or second day.
having no solid food?! CRAZY!!! thought i could do it but i couldnt.

you wake up in the morning and u gota drink like a litre of water with sea salt. within the next hour ur basically bound to the toilet crapping WATER n very watery poo. doesnt feel good.

also the drink taste BAD!!

Pain

I am Jack's wasted life.
HSC
x33.datchick.xx said:
omg i did the lemon detox.. gave up first or second day.
having no solid food?! CRAZY!!! thought i could do it but i couldnt.

you wake up in the morning and u gota drink like a litre of water with sea salt. within the next hour ur basically bound to the toilet crapping WATER n very watery poo. doesnt feel good.

also the drink taste BAD!!
You're lack of dedication is why you're probably still unhealthy. But reading a previous poster's experience, the product sounds safe to try. I mean we're not talking about changing your eating habits permanently, you just have to put up with it for the recommended five days.

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
hey guys.

I went to the gym yesterday. First gym session after lemon detox diet and OMG it was the best workout I've ever had in my life! :)

it's only been a couple of days. My stomache feels smaller and I can only handle 3/4 of what I used to eat which is a great thing.

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
oooh and no weight gain either! actually lost 0.1kg hahaha.. which is strange because this time of the month.. i usually gain about 2kgs (pre mentrual bloating, i get it every month :(

inasero

Reborn
HSC
Don't go on this diet it's a marketing gimmick and most of the weight loss is in the first few days. See the kilos pack back on after you stop the "diet". It amazes me how people continually look for the latest fad dieting craze, but really the most effective thing is to do regular exercise and have a healthy diet, to ensure energy in < energy out. It's not rocket science...

gella

HSC
lol my friend did this during the holidays.
he only did it for a week; lost 6kgs from it.
but once the weeks finished, for the first day or so u can only have vegetable soup or something; absolutely no solids. then from there, you sort of build up to boiled vegetables for a few more days, etc etc

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
Don't go on this diet it's a marketing gimmick and most of the weight loss is in the first few days. See the kilos pack back on after you stop the "diet". It amazes me how people continually look for the latest fad dieting craze, but really the most effective thing is to do regular exercise and have a healthy diet, to ensure energy in < energy out. It's not rocket science...
QFT.

Also, people, seriously. Detoxing? Where the heck did that marketing horsearse come from? Say it after me: DETOXING IS BULLSHIT. DETOXING IS BULLSHIT.

youngminii

Banned
HSC
Well it's not like it's dangerous, so it wouldn't hurt to try. I mean, I'd rather make my decisions based on anecdotal evidence, not scientific evidence. Science can be wrong. Thousands of people? I don't think so.
Then again, I can be wrong too. Still, I wouldn't mind doing this out of curiosity's sake. A whole week without any solid food? Wooah~

Edit: Me and my fuckin' mouth.

Last edited:

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
Well it's not like it's dangerous, so it wouldn't hurt to try. I mean, I'd rather make my decisions based on anecdotal evidence, not scientific evidence. Science can be wrong. Thousands of people? I don't think so.
Then again, I can be wrong too. Still, I wouldn't mind doing this out of curiosity's sake. A whole week without any solid food? Wooah~
Are.. are you serious?

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
lol

you will fuck up your body for no reason since it doesn't actually do anything but make you lose a dangerous amount of weight in a short time (more than 5kgs in one week? um, gtfo) and probably shit acid water the whole time. sounds really healthy :confused:

your body needs food ffs. If you want to 'detox' drink more water or something.

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
I'm still flabbergasted at the idiot that takes anecdote over scientific evidence (or more importantly in this case, lack thereof).

THOUSANDS OF PEOPLE SEE UFOS/GHOSTS/FLYING SPAGHETTI MONSTERS, THEY CAN'T ALL BE WRONG, SCIENCE IS WRONG

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
oooh and no weight gain either! actually lost 0.1kg hahaha.. which is strange because this time of the month.. i usually gain about 2kgs (pre mentrual bloating, i get it every month :(
Well no shit you didn't gain any weight you didn't eat anything.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)