Let's rant about randoms promoting things. (1 Viewer)

FutureSight01

IS NOT ASIAN!
HSC
Homosexuality/Refugee rights promoting people, let my lecturer finish. Don't do a Kanye on her. In fact, just keep your nonsense away from me. The two have no correlation. Also, don't involve John Howard in your campaign NOW. You tempt me to interrupt you. Also, you make yourself sound like an ALP politician.

Grape juice

HSC
some random person was promoting some pro-nazi "hitler" sort of thing.
i mean.. of all things.. pro-nazi? :cold:

also i saw this group of people dressed as nuns handing out pamphlets, just outside the chem building.

PS: to the morons who constantly vandalise the floors with chalk writings..
stop it. :vcross:
its now all over the place, at wentworth, outside scitech library, along carslaw, chem building, and even on stairs.

i wish these morons would stop promoting their campaigns this way.

SeCKSiiMiNh

i'm a fireball in bed
HSC

also i saw this group of people dressed as nuns handing out pamphlets, just outside the chem building.

its now all over the place, at wentworth, outside scitech library, along carslaw, chem building, and even on stairs.

lol yes the chalk things are kinda stupid.

i like it, though, when they stick those same sex marriage sheets on the ground :D

i always make a point of not stepping on them

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Get used to it. Chalking at universities worldwide is a long established tradition.

JohnMcGee

Banned
HSC
its not as if the jane ross fussell building features groundwork/architecture that ought to be protected anyway. the chalk just livens things up - much like the graffiti tunnel

edit: when does anyone from those groups actually interupt a lecturer. ITT: OP is full of shit. you little lying cretin.

FutureSight01

IS NOT ASIAN!
HSC
Actually, today in micro, 1 person interrupted for Gay rights while somehow including refugee rights, then 2 USU reps promoted themselves. What. On. Earth. Let me die in accounting already...

jayadore

She was a hurricane.
HSC
Never had any of those groups interrupt my lectures, only people running for election.

Also, I like the chalk too! There was hopscotch last year which I secrently enjoyed. :eek:

naisAtoN

Awesome Member
HSC
Never had any of my lectures interrupted, from time to time they might be in there before it actually starts though. I don't really have a problem with the chalking either; it's hardly vandalism in my opinion as it disappears so quickly.

i like it, though, when they stick those same sex marriage sheets on the ground :D

i always make a point of not stepping on them
Oh and this, I love the posters but always wonder how many people from uni they actually get to go the rallies. :/

Last edited:

FutureSight01

IS NOT ASIAN!
HSC
Yeah the chalk is ok, I mean it's interesting at least. Better than grey I'd say. How WOULD they pay for all the things they're promoting? I know they get subsidies etc, but if they're offering a sushi train etc, that'd just mean subsidies to those businesses which means money from our pockets anyway.

EDIT: Minh, I always went to the Wednesday lecture. I'm sure I told you in the train thread, no... that one where you were asking eco qs.

Last edited:

JohnMcGee

Banned
HSC
Actually, today in micro, 1 person interrupted for Gay rights while somehow including refugee rights, then 2 USU reps promoted themselves. What. On. Earth. Let me die in accounting already...
that never happened. nobody interrupted your lecturer. they probably would have asked first. do you honestly expect me to believe that any of those people who, in my four years, have never interrupted a lecturer, happened to interrupt one today? bullshit, you're a lying little douchebag and that never happened.

chrisnumber1

HSC
its just not sydney, macquarie has like 50 billion every lecture. i dont care about gay rights, some protest that 10 people are going to attend, and i dont care that the drama society is selling cup cakes

JohnMcGee

Banned
HSC
thats because you're an international student who doesn't do anything besides play poker and pokeman cards

chrisnumber1

HSC

+1...i think everywhere else outside of uni its called graffiti

Grape juice

HSC
best promo ive seen was this campaign titled

"unfuck the world" . Hilarious. :rofl:

has anyone else seen it? Its been going on for quite some time now, they're constantly campaigning outside Fisher library.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)