Liberal or Labor? (1 Viewer)

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
Saddens me how this is increasingly turning into American-style politics. You don't vote for a leader, you vote for a party. Le sigh

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
abbot seems unequipped to run a country. too conservative & old fashioned to be able to function in global politics imo.
hi for the sake of humanity please sterilise yourself

Lentern

HSC
hi for the sake of humanity please sterilise yourself
Oh you're all about the freedom, just less about freedoms to have an abortion, freedom to seek asylum, freedom to own a firearm. Basically you care about freedoms when they are ones you wish to exercise, ergo liberals are basically greedy people in thin veils.

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
Oh you're all about the freedom, just less about freedoms to have an abortion,
when have i EVER expressed "pro-life" opinions?

freedom to seek asylum,
I believe in open boarders (actually I believe in no borders but that's a different story), but only once we end our welfare statism

freedom to own a firearm.
Even though I'll probably end up voting shooter's party? :confused::confused:

Basically you care about freedoms when they are ones you wish to exercise, ergo liberals are basically greedy people in thin veils.
Is this one of those quasi-trolling posts?

If not, you really have no idea about my views.

absorber

HSC
Oh you're all about the freedom, just less about freedoms to have an abortion, freedom to seek asylum, freedom to own a firearm. Basically you care about freedoms when they are ones you wish to exercise, ergo liberals are basically greedy people in thin veils.
Holy shit win

'You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Lentern again.'

absorber

HSC
Saddens me how this is increasingly turning into American-style politics. You don't vote for a leader, you vote for a party. Le sigh
Seriously, what's wrong with that? A leader might last 10 years, a party creed which leaders tend to abide by may last for hundreds of years. The core values are more important than one person.

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
Seriously, what's wrong with that? A leader might last 10 years, a party creed which leaders tend to abide by may last for hundreds of years. The core values are more important than one person.
...my point exactly.

Lentern

HSC
when have i EVER expressed "pro-life" opinions?

I believe in open boarders (actually I believe in no borders but that's a different story), but only once we end our welfare statism

Even though I'll probably end up voting shooter's party? :confused::confused:

Is this one of those quasi-trolling posts?

If not, you really have no idea about my views.
I know your not an "abbott liberal" per se but you just heckled someone for criticizing him as too conservative, presumably because the one freedom he believes in is that of the rich to get richer.

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
I know your not an "abbott liberal" per se but you just heckled someone for criticizing him as too conservative, presumably because the one freedom he believes in is that of the rich to get richer.
My point was she was calling abott too socially conservative, while acting as though rudd is socially liberal.

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
And I'm not a "liberal" at all, let alone an "abott liberal"

Lentern

HSC
My point was she was calling abott too socially conservative, while acting as though rudd is socially liberal.

There was no mention of Rudd and at any rate in Rudd you have a general progressive who has little conviction and lives in fear of the Howard legacy. In Abbott you have a once priest in training, or is your stance on Christianity just as fickle.

Lentern

HSC
I think labour is better than liberal because [the leader of the liberals is too socially conservative].
Well in the first case thats true but in a more relevant one the thing you quoted only said that Abbott was unequipped to run the country because he was too conservative.

Rothbard

HSC
N/A
I'm fairly certain the only freedom abbott believes in is the freedom of the church to get richer, imho.

Not too big on the whole 'economics' front.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)