• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Libya (1 Viewer)

cosmo kramer

Banned
HSC
yeah realpolitik over retarded idealistic democracy worship bullshit

sry i dont care that much about libyans but i know exactly what is going to happen if qadaffi is deposed

CAMP

OF

THE

SAINTS

that will potentially directly affect myself and australia and european countries

and our governments will oblige

Last edited:

Funky Monk

HSC
N/A
One man's realpolitik is another man's short-sighted, selfishly deluded denialism.

Suffice to say that you are a strange sort/wack.

cosmo kramer

Banned
HSC
the purpose of realpolitik is to look at international relations and affairs through a pragmatic lens without regard to idealistic or universal considerations so that is obviously true

of course a bunch of libyan gadaffi hating fags are going to have a big whinge about my lack of interest in getting involved in this affair

the point is that i dont care

Last edited:

Funky Monk

HSC
N/A
to attempt to conduct one's affairs with no regard for ideals seems to me to be a god-awful road to nowhere good.

cosmo kramer

Banned
HSC
funky monk bringing regular boxing gloves to the match when his opponents have wrapped barbed wire over their's

Funky Monk

HSC
N/A
that's how i do.

where's that looney tunes piss-take of yosemite sam and some other twat pulling out bigger and bigger guns when ya need it.

Last edited:

cosmo kramer

Banned
HSC
Gaddafi's choice of bodyguards has been the subject of much media attention. His 40-member bodyguard contingent, known as the Amazonian Guard, is entirely female. All women who qualify for duty supposedly must be virgins, and are hand-picked by Gaddafi himself. They are trained in the use of firearms and martial arts at a special academy before entering service

muammar 'the mack' gadaffi

mirakon

nigga
HSC
Gaddafi's choice of bodyguards has been the subject of much media attention. His 40-member bodyguard contingent, known as the Amazonian Guard, is entirely female. All women who qualify for duty supposedly must be virgins, and are hand-picked by Gaddafi himself. They are trained in the use of firearms and martial arts at a special academy before entering service

muammar 'the mack' gadaffi
until gaddafi has his way with them. apparently his sons had quite a good time touring the brothel sites of sydney (according to smh)

theMaster

HSC
until gaddafi has his way with them. apparently his sons had quite a good time touring the brothel sites of sydney (according to smh)
The whole family is crazy i tell ya. The death toll has reached 3000 in under 2 weeks. Battles happening in Misrata, protestors are staying strong. Food supplies are being given out for free in there. Mainly the rich business men of the city are taking care of the costs.

cosmo kramer

Banned
HSC
i love how qadaffi is using hired negro goons on the rebels

http://isteve.blogspot.com/2011/03/chin-stroking-time.html

From the top story in the LA Times:

Blacks in Libya face beatings by rebels, rights groups say
By David Zucchino
African migrant workers and black Libyans are targeted by fighters who suspect them of being mercenaries hired by Kadafi.

... Across eastern Libya, rebel fighters and their supporters are detaining, intimidating and frequently beating African immigrants and black Libyans, accusing them of fighting as mercenaries on behalf of Kadafi, witnesses and human rights workers say.

I noticed that English-language reporters could quite easily grasp the unfairness of the government of Bahrain electing a new people of foreign mercenaries to thwart majority rule -- I guess because both the natives of Bahrain and the immigrants/mercenaries are Arabs or at least Muslims. So, the media's crucial Who?/Whom? sensors don't get tripped in Bahrain. Therefore, they can think about Bahrain in a straightforward, principled manner: You know, it's really not fair for the government to import foreigners to win elections over the native majority. (Not being good at analogies or at self-critical thinking, they don't notice how this line of thought could also apply to the U.S.).

But in Libya, Kaddafi's mercenaries are largely black immigrants, so that snarls everything up for the American press when attempting to do their Who? / Whom? calculations:

Kaddafi: Bad
Rebels: Good
Immigrants: Good
Mercenaries: Bad
Blacks: PlusGood
Being mean to blacks: Double Plus UnGood
Rebels being mean to Kaddafi's immigrant black mercenaries: Does Not Compute!

It's very complicated, isn't it?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)