Likelihood of it making into BComm/Arts (1 Viewer)

Tadaa

HSC
what's the likelihood of me making into Bcom/art at unsw if i'm 0.4 marks below the requirement from last year's cutoff of 96.3? If chances are slim, what course do you recommend me to apply for so i can transfer next year?

J18134

HSC
depends what uni.. if its unsw or usyd its worth looking at their bonus point schemes.

and id apply for the BA as i think thats probably easier to get whatever marks you need to transfer to com/arts.

abcd223

HSC
N/A
depends what uni.. if its unsw or usyd its worth looking at their bonus point schemes.

and id apply for the BA as i think thats probably easier to get whatever marks you need to transfer to com/arts.
what's BA?

Trans4M

HSC
Uni Grad
what's the likelihood of me making into Bcom/art at unsw if i'm 0.4 marks below the requirement from last year's cutoff of 96.3? If chances are slim, what course do you recommend me to apply for so i can transfer next year?
Have you included HSC Plus bonus points?

Trans4M

HSC
Uni Grad
for b commerce/b arts, is there a possibility of doing 2 majors in commerce and 1 major in a language over the 4 year period?
I Don't think so. Unless you plan to extend your degree longer.

You can do languages as a second major under the B Commerce single degree assuming you only take 1 major for Commerce. Just thought I point that out.

Oh yea that's what they were talking about today. You get like 48 UOC under the Commerce degree which you can use to study courses from faculties such as Arts, Science etc (probably not law and med though)

OMGITzJustin

HSC
N/A
for b commerce/b arts, is there a possibility of doing 2 majors in commerce and 1 major in a language over the 4 year period?
Yeah no double majors for double degree with comm, my bro laughed his head off when I asked him if I could (he finished this year)

Trans4M

HSC
Uni Grad
looks like this is what i will be praying for, even though im still 1.5 atar short including my hsc plus bonus points
good luck!

just in case you didn't know you can transfer from Economics to Commerce or Commerce/Economics after 1st year if you get a WAM of 75.

Last edited:

Tadaa

HSC
yeah, i've already added my hsc bonus points, but i'm still 0.4 from the mark. what do you guys think? have anyone heard of any people being accepted into commerce at unsw with an atar under the requirement?

Trans4M

HSC
Uni Grad
yeah, i've already added my hsc bonus points, but i'm still 0.4 from the mark. what do you guys think? have anyone heard of any people being accepted into commerce at unsw with an atar under the requirement?
I think chances are slim. It all depends on how many people want to go to UNSW for Commerce. If a lot of people do then the cut off might go up but if no one wants to then the cut off will go down.

Tadaa

HSC
mmm thanks :/ was expecting that though i guess

HSC
Uni Grad
Yeah, no chance of doing a double major unless if you are willing to extend your degree by one year. It's allowed though, thankfully.

eat_well

HSC
I'm off by 0.65 with HSC plus. Yeah, chances are looking slim :(.

There is however the new business/arts degree at UNSW.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)