• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Linkin Park - Numb analysis (1 Viewer)

TidyBoi

HSC
Hey guys,

http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/linkinpark/numb.html

I have to do a text form for these lyrics, and was wondering if you could help me?

One of the questions is, "How does the text convey meaning? Consider features, techniques: visual or written, language etc. You must also discuss the effect of each of these devices"

I'm totally stumped, have no idea what to write. Has to be 16 lines minimum, which will be hard when I got no idea.

Please help :hammer:

TidyBoi

HSC
BUMP! someone must have a slight idea...... please

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
TidyBoi said:
Hey guys,

http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/linkinpark/numb.html

I have to do a text form for these lyrics, and was wondering if you could help me?

One of the questions is, "How does the text convey meaning? Consider features, techniques: visual or written, language etc. You must also discuss the effect of each of these devices"

I'm totally stumped, have no idea what to write. Has to be 16 lines minimum, which will be hard when I got no idea.

Please help :hammer:
im sorry, i don't get it

TidyBoi

HSC
I really can't be bothered explaining what a text form is if you haven't done one yet.

For the sake of arguement, pretend the question is the main question for an essay.

^__^

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
I cant really help with belonging since i did journeys, i don't know the concepts, sorry. Is that really your prescribed text? If not, perhaps it would be a good idea to find another one that you can analyse more easily.

&dreia.

HSC
hey. i actually did this one too. but i just made up all my techniques.
i wasnt sure what the hell to write about. anyway, hope this helps:

Techniques used to present relevant ideas
i) The song is written from first person point of view, which is a powerful way to communicate with listeners or the audience hearing the song because it projects so much of the angriness and need to belong within you.

ii) The lyrics have repeated words such as;
“I've become so numb I can't feel you there
Is everything what you want me to be”
can have an impact on people due to the constant reminder of fulfilling someone else’s need to belong and be someone you’re not.

iii) By using personal lyrics such as;
"All I want to do is be more like me and be less like you",
says that the this person wants to be his own person and not have his parents or someone else mold him/her anymore. The rhyming of the words has the effect for an audience to remember easily and therefore relate to that feeling of being let down, which makes one sing their hearts out.

as you can see, writing this at around 4am want the bestest idea.
maybe you can google like lyrics techniques? i dont know, can try.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)