Linking laptop to TV (1 Viewer)

thenuker6

HSC
N/A
I'm trying to watch some movies on my laptop and linked the laptop to the TV ( a plasma), everything shows up but the movies I'm trying to view, is there a way to fix this? Or do I have to go back to my age old desktop comp to watch movies (which works completely)

wrxsti

Rambo
HSC
I'm trying to watch some movies on my laptop and linked the laptop to the TV ( a plasma), everything shows up but the movies I'm trying to view, is there a way to fix this? Or do I have to go back to my age old desktop comp to watch movies (which works completely)
What exactly do you mean when you say the movies don't show up? When you click on the movie icon, does windows media player (or wateva player is your default) comes up, what happens after that?

bloody explain your situation specifically.

greekgun

HSC
Im assuming that, when u say stuff comes up but the movie doesnt play; that means that what ur doing on ur laptop is being displayed on the TV, but when u open ur media player all that comes up is a black screen?
if so i suggest u try and use a s-video cord...i think its called that im not sure its a cable which has like 8 pins which connects to the back of ur laptop and into the tv. Ill have to go have a look tommorow morning so i can remember the actual name of it but yeah water that cord im using is called is the one u should b using as its designed for the transer of data through a computer to tv.

wrxsti

Rambo
HSC
Im assuming that, when u say stuff comes up but the movie doesnt play; that means that what ur doing on ur laptop is being displayed on the TV, but when u open ur media player all that comes up is a black screen?
if so i suggest u try and use a s-video cord...i think its called that im not sure its a cable which has like 8 pins which connects to the back of ur laptop and into the tv. Ill have to go have a look tommorow morning so i can remember the actual name of it but yeah water that cord im using is called is the one u should b using as its designed for the transer of data through a computer to tv.
yeh you can use S-video cord. VGA(most popular), DVI (if compatible) and HDMI (if compatible).

aussie-boy

HSC
That sucks... seems like a really hard problem to fix as well.
It would have something to do with the graphics card processing the movie independently of the other onscreen graphics
I think its the same reason why screenshots of movies often fail
If you disable hardware acceleration and then try playing the movie without the help of the graphics card, it might work

wrxsti

Rambo
HSC
That sucks... seems like a really hard problem to fix as well.
It would have something to do with the graphics card processing the movie independently of the other onscreen graphics
I think its the same reason why screenshots of movies often fail
If you disable hardware acceleration and then try playing the movie without the help of the graphics card, it might work
I think it might be a resolution issue. Try playing around with the resolution

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)