Lionheart SUCKS (1 Viewer)

lil.miss.mellyx

HSC
hahhaha sooo true. we finished our study on it... and i found by 2 quarters thru it its better to sit back and listen to ur teacher sum it up. SUCH A BORING BOOK. we watched the doco tho. that was better.

***chichi***

HSC
hey i have just started year 12 and i have to study jesse martins book!
i already assumed that a book about some lonely kid who hated skool sailing around the world would be bad, but thanks to ur post ( especially alexh333, very funny) my suspicions have been confirmed, however since you have already studied it ANY help or advice would be great!

*tara90*

HSC
well i'm not even studying the book for journeys, but i read it in year 10 and i really enjoyed it, as did my parents and a couple of my friends who read it. i don't get what you're all tlking about. it's really good. ok, so i admit he has a bad hair cut, and could have improved a little on personal hygeine, but the book's good.

but frankenstein, by mary shelley, is a completely different story......

MediocreIronic

HSC
etienne said:
Well, I'm afraid to say I side with the lionheart lover. It's such a good text. It's such a good comedy, I can't even look at the cover without laughing my head off. Did you's all see the doco on it? It featured Jessica Martin singing while playing guitar (at least, I was informed it was singing after my ears started working again). I don't see how you can refuse yoursleves the pleasure of laughing at such a crappily written piece of crap.

I got a question for Adrenaline Rush... when you said how much you loved Lionheart before, did you feel any particular painful tearing of your soul? Or have you already lost it beating up innocent young males?
Ok. You are seriously my hero. That was by far the wittiest reply in this whole thread.

Can I just say that if you are an insomniac, Lionheart is the best sleeping aid you could find. I'm still yet to get the whole way through the book because I keep nodding off.

But that being said, does anyone here have any decent notes on Lionheart that I could use?

halzes

HSC
adrenaline rush said:
I liked it. Lionheart actually made the topic bearable because it was so easy to understand. And who doesn't like reading a "journey of the human spirit" every once in a while? If you would like to read some crap material type 'Gwen Harwood' in Google. I dare you.

heyy
sorry to bother you. lol
i was just wondering if u had notes on lionheart. What supplementary texts did you use because ive got some in mind but i want to get good ones that i can link to lionheart. It will just make it easier if they link and all. Ive actually got to write a speech on the supplementary texts i chose and why i chose them etc etc. I already got a visual, and i article on Kokoda but i think its a bit superficial.
=)

Rythmic

HSC
Lol thread resurrection.

Neway, yes it was a terrible book, so bad that after we finished HSC we burnt it. However, it was simple and easy to use and manipulate into any manner of points and ideas.

Sup-Texts I used with it were:

"The Hobbit" - JRR Tolkein; personally I would advise against it, it is too superficial in many aspects and too wordy to find many passages of real value.
"The Rime of the Ancient Mariner" - S.T.Coleridge; I later realised this is used as one of the actual HSC texts =S, even though a teacher recommended it. It worked very well though.

crazycol

HSC
N/A
hey Alexh333 before you get critical of someone elses writings learn how to spell properly. You made umpteen spelling errors!!!

and (you even started a sentence with 'and") people our age like Jesse Martin inspire millions to achieve their goals as he did under extreme conditions. For God's sake try to admire the guy not his writings. It is a documentary, a recollection of his experience that will go down in history and help ensure that we never let go of the will to explore and cross new frontiers in life. He is a modern day explorer no matter what you think of his persona or his literary skills.

I cannot believe the level of immaturity and naivity within this forum!!! Suck on that! Ha! ha!

tangotrace

SUPER HERO
HSC
ok so pretty much..... i plan on going on a drunken schoolies rampage to jesse the fag's house to burn him at the stake along with every book he's ever "attempted" to write. anyone going to join me? i vote tequila be our drink of choice. tequila or rum. either way.

tangotrace

SUPER HERO
HSC
also... still can't work out why past HSC students still use this site? lol... i can't wait to do away with anything to do with the hsc. *opinion*

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)