Listening to music whilst doing assignments (1 Viewer)

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
Hmm.. trance that's kind of alright not techno it's too fast
and if i listen to music they must pump me up for doing my assignments and be in the mood
You'd probably want either House, Trance, or Post-Rock then. Or large scale film scores. :D

1titanic

HSC
You'd probably want either House, Trance, or Post-Rock then. Or large scale film scores. :D
Large scale film scores? what's that
no rock not those really loud songs like numb (but i do like numb) not just those really loud ones and it seems like the music and instruments played are everywhere

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
Post-Rock is about soundscapes, not noise. Bands like Godspeed You! Black Emporer, Sigur Ros, Explosions In The Sky, Red Sparowes etc.

By large scale film scores I mean big sprawling epic soundscapes. Like the music to Lord of the Rings and things like that.

1titanic

HSC
Post-Rock is about soundscapes, not noise. Bands like Godspeed You! Black Emporer, Sigur Ros, Explosions In The Sky, Red Sparowes etc.

By large scale film scores I mean big sprawling epic soundscapes. Like the music to Lord of the Rings and things like that.
Oh now I get you... I'm not those type of music people and know the geners of them lol

And for some reason I just like the Harry Potter theme music, it motivates me

Last edited:

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
It's only really useful if you listen to a broad range of material. Otherwise, you may as well stick with standard rock, pop, metal etc.

naisAtoN

Awesome Member
HSC

Best group ever IMO. Pretty much listened to them through all of my HSC study, it kept me sane.

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
If you ever feel interested in the genre, there are ways to edge yourself into it. Bands like Nightwish, Stratovarius, Ayreon, Lacuna Coil, Within Temptation are all pretty easy to get into for a non-metal listener. Essentially, you want to find things that fall under the Symphonic Metal bracket. Even some Power Metal is fairly accessible to the general public.

If you're at all interested in slowly getting into metal, then post a thread in the music forum.

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
Best group ever IMO. Pretty much listened to them through all of my HSC study, it kept me sane.
Yeah, they're pretty good. Although I probably prefer GY!BE and RS over them though.

1titanic

HSC
If you ever feel interested in the genre, there are ways to edge yourself into it. Bands like Nightwish, Stratovarius, Ayreon, Lacuna Coil, Within Temptation are all pretty easy to get into for a non-metal listener. Essentially, you want to find things that fall under the Symphonic Metal bracket. Even some Power Metal is fairly accessible to the general public.

If you're at all interested in slowly getting into metal, then post a thread in the music forum.
umm.. are you referring to me lol :confused:

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
insomnium are amazing. undescribable.
lol. Should have seen this coming. :) I wouldn't say they're a band for a never before metal listener though.

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC
They (Insomnium) aren't that great.

Although, I'm biased as I don't particularly enjoy the Euro death/melo death vocalists.

ontopic: I like to listen to Himsa's album Summon In Thunder when writing English stuff to encourage my vocabulary. Songs are so damn confusing. If you haven't listened to Himsa, I'd recommend you do.

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
nah, it took me a while to love em as much as i do now.

when i got into metal, i started off with linkin park (does that even count? lol), then rammstein and slipknot, then unearth, then someone introduced me to nile and yeah :)

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
They (Insomnium) aren't that great.

Although, I'm biased as I don't particularly enjoy the Euro death/melo death vocalists.

ontopic: I like to listen to Himsa's album Summon In Thunder when writing English stuff to encourage my vocabulary. Songs are so damn confusing. If you haven't listened to Himsa, I'd recommend you do.
euro metal (esp. mdm) is the best imo, i find american metal bands so boring (except nile).

all depends on personal taste i guess, i'm more into mdm these days.

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC
Yeah, I started with Slipknot and a couple of weak bands that are similar. Eventually got into bands like Lamb of God, Himsa, Suicide Silence, Throwdown, In Flames, Opeth, Parkway Drive, August Burns Red and Heaven Shall Burn. Pretty varied in terms of metal.

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
Somewhere in one of the music theads was all our metal progressions. Omie, do you remember that thead? I'm sure you posted in it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)