Lives not saved (1 Viewer)

Justin

HSC
Maybe they were driving in contravention of the law?
Skid marks showed the motorist lost control on a right bend and then crossed onto the wrong side of the road before the car slammed passenger-side-first into a large gumtree.
judging by this, i would say they definitely were.

Last edited:

iamsickofyear12

HSC
You mean we need more useless laws.

We can't do something reasonable like not give licenses to people who can't drive because that just doesn't make sense.

BaCC 07~~
HSC
It only has to last till the federal elections anyway. Tough it out :)

mr_brightside

frakfrakfrakcackmackshack
HSC
iamsickofyear12 said:
You mean we need more useless laws.

We can't do something reasonable like not give licenses to people who can't drive because that just doesn't make sense.
It makes perfect sense.
They should just get rid of cars. That would stop deaths.

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
They only say "earlier today", anyone know the time of the crash?

Justin

HSC
Captain Gh3y said:
But guys i thought the new laws would stop this from happening
Just like laws against murder will stop murders from happening?

As far as i can see, the person was driving in contravention of the new laws.

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
Justin said:
Just like laws against murder will stop murders from happening?

As far as i can see, the person was driving in contravention of the new laws.
No the old laws were inadequate so they had to bring in more laws to stop p plater deaths, the rta promised me it wouldn't happen anymore

Justin

HSC
Captain Gh3y said:
No the old laws were inadequate so they had to bring in more laws to stop p plater deaths, the rta promised me it wouldn't happen anymore
Do you think they ever believed that another p-plate death would never happen?

jimmayyy

HSC
i knew this girl. not well, but i had met her a few times/partied with her etc. she went out with a good friend of mine

she was drunk so she got her friend (who is on their L's) to drive.

clearly, having P plates on the outside of your car and having only one passenger in the car after 11 on your reds has nothing to do with this, you fuckwits. we need laws to stop idiots obtaining their liscence/cars and more parental control, not fucking restrictions on the rest of the young driving population. get a clue.

Justin

HSC
jimmayyy said:
clearly, having P plates on the outside of your car and having only one passenger in the car after 11 on your reds has nothing to do with this, you fuckwits. we need laws to stop idiots obtaining their liscence/cars and more parental control, not fucking restrictions on the rest of the young driving population. get a clue.
That's a "the law should apply to everybody else except me" argument. The law applies to everybody. It would be impossible to have a law which only targeted idiots.

- Parental control? I don't see how that would work. That's also assuming all parents are model citizens.
- Education about how driving (whether or not you are speeding) is dangerous? Yes.

Justin

HSC
Captain Gh3y said:
Well why else would they bring in the new laws?
The RTA lied to us :(
To lower the amount of fatalities (or attempt to).. Which is better than being seen by the public to be not doing anything.
It's interesting that the government is willing to have knee jerk reactions about p-platers.. But not about all community concerns though :eek:

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
Justin said:
To lower the amount of fatalities (or attempt to).. Which is better than being seen by the public to be not doing anything.
It's interesting that the government is willing to have knee jerk reactions about p-platers.. But not about all community concerns though :eek:
I'm only against the laws because they're by a state labor government, if it was Howard I'd be praising him for caring about young people ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)