Lockdown extension (1 Viewer)

satvik_1008

HSC
nah no more postponements pls

trials was enough i want to get this over with asap
really? Nah id ratehr everything be postponed rather than some estimate bullshit. I don't want the same situation as the A Levels last year (a really fucked up estimate system), the SAT last year (the exams were online) or exams in India (cancelled and shit's in limbo)

nilatar

Zep Roadie
HSC
really? Nah id ratehr everything be postponed rather than some estimate bullshit. I don't want the same situation as the A Levels last year (a really fucked up estimate system), the SAT last year (the exams were online) or exams in India (cancelled and shit's in limbo)
Cancellation & estimation. Yum.

satvik_1008

HSC
I wouldn’t mind as long as unis decreased guaranteed atars for majority of courses as students won’t be able to show their true potential And those who didn’t do well won’t be able to pump up their marks with the hsc
I doubt they would decrease them because ATAR's are a rank after all and if everyone collectively does bad, that makes no difference. And esp for competitive degrees like law and med i doubt they will lower ATARs. I think NESA should instead just postopne trials, that would be better

satvik_1008

HSC
It wasn’t like this around this time and everything went smoothly, quarantine happened term 2 I think
this time is much worse tho yeah with lockdown, because last year it was only t1/t2 while this is very close to trials and HSC

satvik_1008

HSC
Question, what about schools that already did their trials? Wouldn’t they technically be at a disadvantage as other schools are getting more time to study and thus more likely to get higher marks?
well technically it doesn't matter because trials are an internal assessment and what you get in your trial does not affect what I get in my trial. In fact I would see it as an advantage for them b/c they got more time to prepare for HSC w/o the stress of trials that we have

satvik_1008

HSC
It hit us instead 😔
man some teachers think that last year had it worse off because it was in the middle of learning content, thats the most cap shit ever. The stress levels of HSC students rn are off the roof

satvik_1008

HSC
we’re literally teaching ourselves the content now, those I’m not really struggling with that (I was already ahead), I know a lot of my friends are because we’re not getting that face to face, interactive learning.
yeah tbh for actually learning content lockdown is really annoying and aids. I guess it is a good thing for me that I have basically finished content at school or at tutoring for most of my subjects (and our school left easy topics till after trials), but I am rather worried and concerned as to what's actually happening with trials for me because of how uncertain the whole situation is. My school does trials especially early normally and even when we postponed it, it was earlier than most schools have it rn

satvik_1008

HSC
Yeah week 9-10, I got them out of the way and performed quite well (got my results today), however I feel like I could of done a lot better if I had that extra time to prepare like you guys
Oh congratulations! I still don't get why schools like NSB do trials Term 2, it always confuses me and it seems liek a bad decision. I do think its a good thing we are getting more time to prepare for trials but lockdowns almost certainly have reduced how productive we have been able to be

satvik_1008

HSC
Zoom is just making me feel like crying. My teachers have their cameras off, and all I see them sharing their screen and reading from whatever textbook or PowerPoint they have. It’s so annoying and ineffective, I know it’s not their fault but I’m not really learning. Now I disable the audio whenever I join zoom lol
oh that sucks so much, that sounds like torture. Our school mandates teachers turn their cameras on + we have to have them on if we can so when we have lessons, it does feel much more like a classroom environment which does help quite a bit. Honestly tho nothing replaces irl learning

satvik_1008

HSC
I actually think it’s a good idea, instead of doing trials last and having the least amount of time to prepare for the actual hsc, do them early, know where you went wrong how to improve and have an entire term to prepare. Though I guess it’s not really efficient as we don’t know all the content yet, but yeah lol
You reckon? I feel like its better to have Trials like week 5-6 as you get more time to prepare, a decent chunk of time before the HSC and you get to learn all the content beforehand. We have to remember tho that trials is big weighting

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)