• We have a few events lined up for the October school holidays!
    Watch this space...

Lol at the SC science exam (1 Viewer)

Yamiyo

Member
Joined
Jul 28, 2006
Messages
147
Gender
Male
HSC
2008
Use the following information for questions 38 - 39.

A pedigree is a visual representation of the passing on of a set of genes through a family. (or whatever)
A dragon is a winged mythical animal.

:confused: Did anyone need that last pointer?
 

shinninggum

wormy_000
Joined
Oct 26, 2006
Messages
34
Location
Burwood
Gender
Female
HSC
2008
I just guess that some people are actually THAT dumb for that explaination.
 

sophiaaah

Member
Joined
Sep 30, 2006
Messages
43
Gender
Female
HSC
2008
hahahaha yes i actually laughed out loud at the cockroach thing.
but only because i was intensely bored.
 

Mark576

Feel good ...
Joined
Jul 6, 2006
Messages
518
Gender
Male
HSC
2008
lol, wait what is a cockroach, i didn't get the explanation???

^ that was sarcasm ...just to clear that up
 

zdzislaw

Jack, much
Joined
Aug 4, 2006
Messages
346
Location
Yo House.
Gender
Male
HSC
2008
Bored? That was the most thrilling exam ever.......well maybe not.
Hey what did you all get for the writing question...the one that asked what was a change in direction.....i wrote FORCE. LOL.....

Sophiaaa.....intensely bored? That's too soft a phrase. I kept wanting something exciting to happen like the exam supervisors to fall over or something....that'd be funny...

:)

Yay Geo 2morrow
 

sophiaaah

Member
Joined
Sep 30, 2006
Messages
43
Gender
Female
HSC
2008
i agree. i was far too lenient in my description.

for the change of direction question i wrote displacement. im pretty sure that's correct...although, force is pretty good too :)

speaking of exam supervisors, one of the little old ladies was giving me dirties and shaking her head at me all throughout the science exam. i think it was because i kept stretching and she thought i was putting my hand up constantly. ha.
 

zdzislaw

Jack, much
Joined
Aug 4, 2006
Messages
346
Location
Yo House.
Gender
Male
HSC
2008
I love them...they're so funni! :)
What school do you go to Sophiaaah? You planning to study for the exams tomorrow (geo/hist/maths)?
If everyone else is then i might!
 

DekarTyphon

Member
Joined
Mar 14, 2006
Messages
152
Gender
Male
HSC
2008
Uni Grad
2015
Exam took me one hour. I spent the rest of the duration wrecking my jacket. It's got holez in it.
 

sophiaaah

Member
Joined
Sep 30, 2006
Messages
43
Gender
Female
HSC
2008
i go to st george girls.
im going to do at practice test for maths. then im going to look over my piles of notes for geography/history and do 2 or 3 practice exams....only cos i want to do well in history :D
i'd say just study a little so that you feel fairly confident during the exam.
 

Yamiyo

Member
Joined
Jul 28, 2006
Messages
147
Gender
Male
HSC
2008
sophiaaah said:
i agree. i was far too lenient in my description.

for the change of direction question i wrote displacement. im pretty sure that's correct...although, force is pretty good too :)

speaking of exam supervisors, one of the little old ladies was giving me dirties and shaking her head at me all throughout the science exam. i think it was because i kept stretching and she thought i was putting my hand up constantly. ha.
Displacement is a measure of distance taking direction into account.

E.g.
You walk 2 km from your house. Your distance and displacement from your house is 2 km.
you walk 1km from your house and back, then you have walked 2 km but your displacement is 0km.

I'm pretty sure the answer was acceleration.
 

FatJ

The Sexiest Man Alive
Joined
Nov 10, 2006
Messages
79
Gender
Male
HSC
2008
Hey, you gotta remember that not everyone taking the exam speaks english as a first language, or lives in australia. I had several ESL kids askin me what a cockroach was. But it was pretty cool. A hell easy exam. (i hope)
 

sophiaaah

Member
Joined
Sep 30, 2006
Messages
43
Gender
Female
HSC
2008
Yamiyo said:
Displacement is a measure of distance taking direction into account.

E.g.
You walk 2 km from your house. Your distance and displacement from your house is 2 km.
you walk 1km from your house and back, then you have walked 2 km but your displacement is 0km.

I'm pretty sure the answer was acceleration.
yep you're totally right.
i was using a definition that my (stupid) teacher gave us, and she wrote it up with acceleration and displacement switched around for some reason, so everyone in my class wrote displacement. i compared my notes to a textbook and was very annoyed lol
thanks for correcting me though :)
 

zdzislaw

Jack, much
Joined
Aug 4, 2006
Messages
346
Location
Yo House.
Gender
Male
HSC
2008
Were you guys confident with this exam? Did you feel you had learnt enough to tackle it? I feel I have learnt very little this year.
 

darktiger06

New Member
Joined
Feb 26, 2006
Messages
2
Gender
Male
HSC
2007
Man dat exam was easiest exam in my life.... so bored..... man lets do physics and chemistry :D Good lucky to everyone else :p

HSC SUBJECTs ::
4unit MAth
Physics
Adv English
Chemistry
Studies of Religion


WAnted Uai 90++
WiSH ME LUCK!!!! :D
 

justinchan

New Member
Joined
Mar 19, 2006
Messages
8
Gender
Male
HSC
2008
zdzislaw said:
Bored? That was the most thrilling exam ever.......well maybe not.
Hey what did you all get for the writing question...the one that asked what was a change in direction.....i wrote FORCE. LOL.....

Sophiaaa.....intensely bored? That's too soft a phrase. I kept wanting something exciting to happen like the exam supervisors to fall over or something....that'd be funny...

:)

Yay Geo 2morrow
LOl
at the start of our english exam, the supervisor was reading out the instructions and then she said "you now have 10minutes writing time"
hehe
 

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Top