LOL @ Me. Predict my English mark! (1 Viewer)

shadiiee

HSC
quick question if anyone could answer....

my assessment rank for advanced english is 35/39
thats a percentage of 70% without any scaling
my school is in the top 100 in the state every year

say i get a raw mark of 88/105 for english, what total mark will i get

is there any chance of me scoring an english mark over 80?

erm

HSC
i reckon the exam was gay.......it suited all the losers who memorised essays....wish they mixed it up a bit so they'd have to do thinking on the spot (and most likely fail)...this is not how one's English ability should be tested. A bloody joke.

Zephyrio

HSC
erm said:
i reckon the exam was gay.......it suited all the losers who memorised essays....wish they mixed it up a bit so they'd have to do thinking on the spot (and most likely fail)...this is not how one's English ability should be tested. A bloody joke.
Really? I felt like they really narrowed it down this year and it did not suit prepared responses.

Apart from module B, but those who were unfortunate enough to study something like Wild Swans were limited to "autobiographical" writing techniques, which meant that the question was much more closed than the other questions that opened the scope to "poetic" or "cinematic" techniques.

Oh well, Zeph. Suck it up, princess.

Zephyrio

HSC
u-borat said:
hey?

that exam was about as open as it could be. =S
:( I guess, not for module A (Emma/Clueless) where you had to talk specifically about one theme... or module B where for my text we had to talk about autobiographical features. :hammer:

Module C was open though!

u-borat

Banned
HSC
yes i heard that transformations was quite hard; ITW and speeches respectively (along with module C) from modules a and b were all straightforward.

Zephyrio

HSC
u-borat said:
yes i heard that transformations was quite hard; ITW and speeches respectively (along with module C) from modules a and b were all straightforward.
Let's say everyone who did Wild Swans stuffed up, right. And let's say the top mark was say, 14/20 in the whole entire state. Does this mark get pushed up, OR is your candidature which studied Wild Swans considered dull and stupid? I have reason to believe that no marks are pushed up whatsoever, since all questions are worded the same, but in my case, it was just genuinely difficult to talk about autobiographical techniques and the different readings of the text. I guess, just the scope of the question wasn't as wide as the others set for module B.

At any rate, goodbye band six. Might see you in the afterlife though... maybe. :rofl: I'd better stop thinking about English. But I'm just so disappointed and dejected that it's going to be hard to recover. You know the feeling of being able to give so much more than you have? Yup.

P.S. I loved the Simpsons ep today! Homer making a plant Marge after she kicks him out. XD.

u-borat

Banned
HSC
um, i don't think so unfortunately.

but buddy, you'll be fine.

you got 12 units, 2 other english units, and i know for a fact your 4 unit's going to kill it; had a read and its brilliant.

Zephyrio

HSC
u-borat said:
um, i don't think so unfortunately.

but buddy, you'll be fine.

you got 12 units, 2 other english units, and i know for a fact your 4 unit's going to kill it; had a read and its brilliant.
Thanks for that. Yeah, my extension two major work's alright. Did you post yours up?

Good luck for the rest of your exams; you'll kill them! (Maybe not physics if I remember correctly... you're winging that right? XD)

u-borat

Banned
HSC
Yeah physics aint going to be pretty lol.

and i'm rather embarassed to put up my 4 unit project, its essentially a first draft because i lost interest halfway through the year. =S
might put it up for the lulz after hsc.

E-Dog

Long Member
HSC
Absolutezero said:
Looking at your subjects, if this really is your lowest mark, then it won't be counted at all.
Don't they always count english though, even if it's your worst marking subject?

pwoh

O_O
HSC
Uni Grad
E-Dog said:
Don't they always count english though, even if it's your worst marking subject?
OP is doing 4 units of English...so best two units out of those.

96?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)