• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

lol new laptop (1 Viewer)

Enteebee

Keepers of the flames
HSC
http://global.msi.com.tw/index.php?func=proddesc&maincat_no=135&cat2_no=271&prod_no=1529

is what I'm liking atm, can get it for $1800, my top price range would be $2200. For me a matte screen is a must because the shiny screens just piss me off. I'll mainly be using it for business, which just requires basically wireless lan and ability to run office/firefox, so I was considering a thinkpad or a dell latitude, but it'd be fairly sweet to be able to play games well when I want.

darkwolfzx

HSC
N/A
not too bad, but not happy when I saw the min RAM was 512MB. Your laptop will choke and die before you start office. Invest in moar RAM.

Meanwhile I will seek...

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Thinkpad. Wait til they go on those 25% off sales.

EDIT: Then use the difference to buy a superior gaming desktop.

Last edited:

Enteebee

Keepers of the flames
HSC
Nah the spec that it comes in is with the 320gb hard drive and 4gigs of ram.

waf: I mean play games when I want, like if I go away on holidays and shit. Though I guess a thinkpad could probably handle a little bit of it.

Last edited:

Teclis

The White Tower of Hoeth, Saphery, Ulthuan
HSC
I have a Toshiba A300/500 that I got recently... It's pretty sweet. It was about $2200 6 months ago from Officeworks.

Dual 2.5ghz
4 GB RAM
512 MB ATI RADEON HD3650
2 x 250 GB HDD's
Vista Home Premium

This runs quite a lot of games at quite High Graphics. I can run C&C 3 on full no problems. Or Crysis on reasonably High. Depending on how you set your Battery settings, I've got up to 3 1/2 hours life...

I also got amazing service on this thing when the Primary HDD had corrupted sectors due to the fault of the Hard Drive Manufacturer. I got it back in like 5 working days, and I live on the South Coast and it had to be shipped to Homebush for repairs...

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Enteebee said:
Nah the spec that it comes in is with the 320gb hard drive and 4gigs of ram.

waf: I mean play games when I want, like if I go away on holidays and shit. Though I guess a thinkpad could probably handle a little bit of it.
Yeah fair call. I wouldn't go anything below an x600 model then, cause I know my 8400M GS struggled at just about everything.

zsazsa

HSC
Tistime345 said:
lucky little bastards we missed out on that shit
What? We are talking about purchasing laptops. With our own money.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)