• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

London Explosion (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Blair has reffered to them as TErrorist attacks

He will leave the G8 summit.

Tulipa

Loose lips sink ships
to the left, a little below the right and right in
HSC
persephone said:
I'm really paranoid that it'll be Australia next. Very paranoid.
until there is a group who claims responsibility or concrete circumstances established for why it occurred, don't be.

for now, it is an isolated incident in london. once motive and perpetrators are established then it can be looked at in relation to the rest of the world.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Argonaut said:
"Good reasons"?! I thought I'd seen it all from you, but nothing makes death and complicated destruction OK. You can't justify it by saying "Oh well, they're dying for a cause and they're going to paradise where 72 girls will be waiting for them, so I guess it's OK they just killed 3000 people".
Whilst i dont agree with the majority of terrorist acts, i do believe there are times when terrorism is an ethically viable and morally justifiable act, but lets not get into semantics, events like London are somewhat struck out of such justifications.

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
Bunny04 said:
And Bali in the middle of them. and btw it was 9/11/01 and then Bali 13/10/02 and then today.. (thats if its linked as a terrorist attack)
11/9/01
Bali: 12/10/02

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
British Prime Minister Tony Blairs says there has been a series of "barbaric" terrorist attacks in London

The G8 summit will go ahead.

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
A statement will be made in House of commons in a few minutes

Blair looked quite shocked and shaken.

White Rabbit

Bloody Shitcakes
HSC
It was terrorism, theres no way 7 explosions can occur so close together and not be terrorist related. They're saying it's Al Queda (don't correct the spelling, I know it's wrong and I can't be bothered googling the right spelling). What terrorists mustn't realise is everytime they do this, they piss of the 'western commoners' who'd normally be against war of terror, and simply encourage more war.

Tony Blair actually looked shocked and upset, unlike Bush in 01'

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
see it wouldve been all cute and stuff if it were

11/9/01

12/10/03

and the 13/11/05

bit it wasnt and i doubt terrorists actually sit down and play with numbers to make it look spooky

sorry im still dragging the number thing.
that post made me feel a lot dumber after reading it

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
I love reading all these paranoid number patterns that people come up with. By your logic, we can expect to experience another 100 or so attacks by the end of the year, because of coincidental numbers.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
anti-mathmite said:
It’s simply a case of “we are jealous that you have life so good, when we are a violent women raping culture, so we are going to try to bring you into our violent life style by bombing you”.

And for everyones information, i am being quite restrained now, only because we don't know for certain who did it.
That's the very line of thought which perpetuates violence in this world. Ignorance and the complete disparity between cultures and societies.

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
A statement has appeared on a website of al'qaeda in europe claiming reponsibility

White Rabbit

Bloody Shitcakes
HSC
About Australia being attacked - we're too far away from anything for anyone to give a fuck.

Some european jihad extremists have claimed responsibility

RyBo

HSC
yeah, it a bit hard to understand or sympathise or not be "ignorant" of a "culture" (terrorists don't have culture, they have chaos)

that believes in destroying the western world because some of us happen to be christian or Jewish.

If there culture is so great, go and live with them.

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
AsyLum said:
That's the very line of thought which perpetuates violence in this world. Ignorance and the complete disparity between cultures and societies.
I concur muchly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)