• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

London Mayor was Rude, Arrogant says China (1 Viewer)

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
sam04u said:
Slidey, don't make this about something it's not about.
The Chinese aren't against freedom of expression, but rather how it was used. They felt that the London Mayor wasn't diplomatic enough, and he shit on the very principals they were trying to convey these olympics. The concept of a tolerable human existance. 'One World', yet he had no respect for that.

How can we live in a united world with dicks like this guy? Promoting seperation?
It's messed up. I so wish he was never elected, and I wish that Ken Livingstone was still London Mayor. It would have been beautiful, watching that man speak, infront of that audience. It would have left the Chinese more warm to Britain.
I felt his actions (blown out of proportion as they were) were perfectly justified given the way China handled the Olympics. :)

I don't want to live in "One World" if it means bowing to CPC inspired Chinese Nationalism.

sam04u

Comrades, Comrades!
HSC
Slidey said:
I felt his actions (blown out of proportion as they were) were perfectly justified given the way China handled the Olympics. :)

I don't want to live in "One World" if it means bowing to CPC inspired Chinese Nationalism.
Meh, I'm not Chinese. I don't think you are either. But the Chinese are speaking alot of sense. Take out the nationalist element, and it's alot of sense.

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
sam04u said:
Meh, I'm not Chinese. I don't think you are either. But the Chinese are speaking alot of sense. Take out the nationalist element, and it's alot of sense.
A lot of sense is it? Which part, exactly?

"Unfortunately, the singer and Jimmy Page are absolutely not famous enough to be known or recognised by millions of the Chinese audiences."

*cough*

"When he was stepping to the stage and down, he put his hand in the pocket of his jacket."

Oh Jesus Christ! Call the cavalry!

"This shows he was extremely casual, he did not seem to take this occasion seriously."

This show you were paranoid. You have some strange and unjustified predilection for pride and perfection to the point of irrationality shared by many of your brethren.

"After he took over the Olympic flag, he simply passed it to the Chinese standard-bearer."

Because he was waving.

"He was the only person who took the flag with one hand. This is very disrespectful to the Olympic flag."

Pretty sure the Olympic flag's feelings weren't hurt too much.

Last edited:

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
So you're saying he wasnt rude, Slidey?

zstar

HSC
N/A
What the hell are people still flaming China for?

The Olympics are over. Let the Brits deal hosting this nightmare.

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
Iron said:
So you're saying he wasnt rude, Slidey?
Haven't seen it. I certainly don't feel the Chinese deserved respect considering the way they handled it, though.

zstar said:
What the hell are people still flaming China for?

The Olympics are over. Let the Brits deal hosting this nightmare.
Amazingly, China's problems don't suddenly evaporate when the Olympics end.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)