Looking to buy a Laptop; Should I get a Mac OS or stick with a Windows OS? (1 Viewer)

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
The_highwayman said:
no, because the greatest proportion of games are made for windows, obviously.
He's talking about DX10, dude. Vs DX9 on XP.

I think you misread the comment.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
AusBluesMan said:
Sorry, can't give you any. Vista is on my girlfriends laptop, which I don't use often, so I wouldn't be giving you any accurate examples.
Then it can't be anything major like people make it out to be? Otherwise those kind of things would stick in your mind, prompting you to remember the annoyance of a said feature.

ClockworkSoldier

Clockwork Army
HSC
AsyLum said:
Then it can't be anything major like people make it out to be? Otherwise those kind of things would stick in your mind, prompting you to remember the annoyance of a said feature.
Lol, I just feel as if I have to go through more to do some things. I may be the only one.

SpamZ

HSC
Thanks for the feedback...looks like either XP or Vista will do me fine. Another point I forgot to raise is tech support...anybody had any problems with any particular manufacturer? Or any that you guys recommend?

With regards to MS Office, should I stick to 2003 or grab 2007?

HSC
grab 2007 or if you do not wanna pay get an open source alternative like Openoffice.org

Dell is great with tech support imo, i have called them 3 times and they have been really good.

dolbinau

HSC
I don't like the new office 2007 interface...so I'd go with 2003. But I suppose you should "get in with the new".

ClockworkSoldier

Clockwork Army
HSC
SpamZ said:
Thanks for the feedback...looks like either XP or Vista will do me fine. Another point I forgot to raise is tech support...anybody had any problems with any particular manufacturer? Or any that you guys recommend?

With regards to MS Office, should I stick to 2003 or grab 2007?
HP has good customer service, but some people seem to dislike HP, and this has given it a slight bad reputation.

HSC
dolbinau said:
I don't like the new office 2007 interface...so I'd go with 2003. But I suppose you should "get in with the new".
I didn't at first and then i got used to it

SpamZ

HSC
Well at this point I'm leaning towards Dell. I also found the EPP program:

http://dell.communicates.to/epp/au/

Anybody else used it? 8% off is pretty good...any saving is a great saving imo. Does anybody know where I can find a list of eligible institutions as well as the appropriate EPP salesperson code I can use?

emytaylor164

HSC
N/A
SpamZ said:
Well at this point I'm leaning towards Dell. I also found the EPP program:

http://dell.communicates.to/epp/au/

Anybody else used it? 8% off is pretty good...any saving is a great saving imo. Does anybody know where I can find a list of eligible institutions as well as the appropriate EPP salesperson code I can use?
you heaps should get a netbook, it will suit your needs.. not the dell netbook though

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
politik said:
Transparency is useless - it's the same reason OS X users revolted against the new object bar in Leopard.
It's useless but I'm not running a 15 year old machine so it doesn't cause any slowdown for me. Asking for compelling reasons to switch back here.

SpamZ

HSC
Decided not to get a Dell. Instead got a HP Pavilion dv5 and saved $250 in the progress (cheers Bing Lee). It's an awesome notebook too.

hermand

je t'aime.
HSC
MACCCCCCC!!!!!!!!!!!

they are absolutely awesome, so anyone looking to buy a new laptop/desktop, get a mac! i recently converted my mum and she's amazed at how awesome macs really are.

electrolysis

congenital schmuck
HSC
trust me, get a mac, my dad uses the new gen macbook pro, absoulte droolness lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)