loosing weight (1 Viewer)

-a-s-h-i-

HSC
Ok, so i was on the pill and i seriously thought that it was an excuse that girls get fat on the pill, but i got so fat its not funny! I eat really well, i dont mean alot, i mean healthy foods and i run and do exercise everyday, but still kept getting fatter.Im off the pill now but i am finding it really hard to loose weight, any suggestions??

mack

Banned
HSC
The best key to losing weight is consistency. You dont need to be a gym freak to look good. Heres my daily routine- Jog 2km in the morning, 30 mins on the exercise bike at 7 while watching TV. I find if you do cardio in the morning before breakfast, your body relies on fat for fuel, it burns much quicker.

SmokedSalmon

HSC
ashi i suggest seeing your doctor about what is happening, cause as u claim u are doing regular exercise and eating mainly healthy foods but still putting on weight!
How long have you been off the pill for?

joujou_84

GoOOooOONe
HSC
well if ur off the pill now, so u wont put on anymore weight.............plus losing is much harder than gaining so just exercise regularly now and eat well and that should do it. man the damn pill.........its stuffs ur body up.

HSC
N/A
lol.

I must admit, I've long given up "trying" to loose weight.

Eating healthy is about the best I can do. I dance regularly, which helps. I find it very difficult to bring myself to exercise under the motivation of "loosing weight" so taking up a reasonably energetic activity (for example I've always wanted to take up bellydancing, karate, or both) is my alternative.

choco

love the mini xxl!
HSC
BEFORE you start thinking you need to lose weight check your BMI with doctor
if you have to then
try to drink water about 5 mins before eating it helps you eat less.
also keep a food diary for a period of two weeks to see just what you are eating (cos its easy to say what we think we've eaten and forget the passing chocolate piece etc..) and then see if you burn of the kilojules that you are eating or not with the exercises.

asscookie

dork.
HSC
You've got to increase the intensity of your exercise over time. Your body gets used to you doing the same workout, and it's not challenged anymore. Try jogging for longer, or try jogging faster for the same period of time.

Pace Setter

asscookie said:
You've got to increase the intensity of your exercise over time. Your body gets used to you doing the same workout, and it's not challenged anymore. Try jogging for longer, or try jogging faster for the same period of time.
I disagree there. From what I've seen of others losing weight SIMPLY by exercising, length of time jogging is far more important than intensity, which is proportionately more vital for racers against people losing weight. You need at least 40 minutes worth of jogging in an aerobic exercise to guarantee weight loss. I've seen people trying to lose weight running 3-4km every day or two for months, sometimes years, without success. Because the thing is, unless that 3-4kms is done extra slow (i.e takes 40+ minutes), your not losing anything.

angelduck

Behind a rock with a glitter gun poised and ready
HSC
Ive lost like 10 KG in 100 weeks, i changed my diet, like havin diet coke instead of coke (huge difference) Wholemeal bread sandwhiches with no cheese or butter and lite milk coz i h8 skim milk. I also have "carbs" (pasta, rice, potatoes) only every 3 days for dinner.

Sgt_Johnym

HSC
-a-s-h-i- said:
Ok, so i was on the pill and i seriously thought that it was an excuse that girls get fat on the pill, but i got so fat its not funny! I eat really well, i dont mean alot, i mean healthy foods and i run and do exercise everyday, but still kept getting fatter.Im off the pill now but i am finding it really hard to loose weight, any suggestions??
im not sure if im l8 in posting this, but i'll post it just incase
getting trim is easy, all u need is determination and motication (and from ur post it seems like u have both). If my mum and dad could get fit by going to the gym every 2nd day and getting trim (they were overweight, im guesing my mum weighed about 70 kg and she was small and my dad was like 100 kg and im bigger and skinnier than him and im 75kg, than again i go to the gym) than so should u, u just need determination and motivation.

Miss_Mirage86

Full-Time Princess
HSC
yeah im on the pill to and i gained like 10kgs... since then ive lost about 8kgs by doing simple things as drinking diet coke instead of normal (it realllly does make a difference), wholemeal bread, n cutting out takeaways... salads plus is a godsend. though the pill has still givin me a gut i never had before and im really self conscious of it. im going to go bak n change my pill to a lower dose one which hopefully will help. the pill wasnt the main cause for my weight gain but it did make a huge difference.

Sasky

HSC
angelduck said:
Ive lost like 10 KG in 100 weeks, i changed my diet, like havin diet coke instead of coke (huge difference) Wholemeal bread sandwhiches with no cheese or butter and lite milk coz i h8 skim milk. I also have "carbs" (pasta, rice, potatoes) only every 3 days for dinner.
"diet coke is for fat people..."
- Paris Hilton

Sasky

HSC
glitterfairy said:
lol.

I must admit, I've long given up "trying" to loose weight.

Eating healthy is about the best I can do. I dance regularly, which helps. I find it very difficult to bring myself to exercise under the motivation of "loosing weight" so taking up a reasonably energetic activity (for example I've always wanted to take up bellydancing, karate, or both) is my alternative.
Dancing is the best eva. GO JAZZ & BALLET!!!

absolution*

ymyum
HSC
during/after the hsc i put on quite a bit on weight and got a bit of a gut..

the last few days ive just been eating properly (3 meals) and completely cut sugar out of my diet and it seems to be working combined with swimiming and running of course

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)