Votes: 273 54.4%
  • I'm a girl and NO I'm not

Votes: 71 14.1%
  • I'm a boy and I'm hella sexy

Votes: 158 31.5%

• Total voters

kow_dude

HSC
Yes, stressing does make you lose weight and make you appear thinner. But like i said earlier, stressing does cause damage to the Villi. So the reason why you are losing weight is because your body is unable to absorb and obtain enough nutrients to produce new cells and tissues. Therefore from the foods you eat, the nutrients are basically come out of the other end.

So stressing is unhealthy (and dangerous) because you are not absorbing the vitamins and minerals from foods which therefore makes you lose weight.

Last edited:
HSC
ha, i weigh exactly the same amount as i did in like year 11/12 (about 45), but for some reason it looks like less .. you'd think it'd be the opposite due to the amount of shitty food i eat, i seriously have no idea. i still exercise heaps so i don't think it's muscles disappearing or anything haha.

melimoo

knows how to rave
HSC
Tulipa said:
how much is an "embarassing" amount?

i've lost about 10% of my body weight in the last two months, which sounds crazy but its just 5kg off a 50kg frame really. i call that my drastic amount of weight.
lol like 21% at the moment :S:S:S:S
i probably did that wrong
oh well. its a shitload

melimoo

knows how to rave
HSC
Tulipa said:
wow :eek:

thats amazing. did you change your eating/exercising habits much or?
aha
yeah i spose you could say that
:/
speaking of which. need new motivation for running. or an exercise bike/treadmill please

lala2

Banned
HSC
kow_dude said:
Are you guys crazy?!?

I happen to work for a nutrition company and sell products/programmes to help people lose, gain and manage their weight.

Stress is the worse way to lose weight. You will only lose weight in the short term.

Stress damages the Villi, the finger-like structures that protrude from the wall of the intestine. The surface area of the villi decreases and so is unable to absorb nutrients as much as you body needs. So not only does stress causes you to lose weight, it leads to malnutrition ( i.e tiredness and low evergy levels and low stamina).

DO NOT STRESS !!
Wow, thanks kow_dude. But I'm like Tulipa--didn't stress on purpose--it just happened that the transition to uni happened that way. I physically block up and can't eat. So during that period I could only eat like a quarter to a half (if I was lucky) of what I could usually eat, before getting full. Hence a 20-minute meal turned into 1 hour (sometimes even longer).

melimoo

knows how to rave
HSC
Always said:
Up the neg. cal. foods intake. Google "negative calories", I can't be bothered explaining it.

Make acquaintances with apple cider vinegar. Drink a tablespoon (dilute it with water if you wish) before a big meal. It will suppress your appetite and do amazing things to fat and protein. You could also soak cucumber in apple cider vinegar and eat that before each meal. It tastes good so it also makes a good snack. Go easy on the ACV though, or your stomach will be crying (trust me :p ).

I cannot stress the importance of water. Water is great for so many things. It helps to flush out fatty deposits, ice-cold water raises metabolism, and warm water will trick your body into thinking it's full. Drink water CONSTANTLY. You should be aiming for 3 litres/day. If you ever feel bad craving coming on, start drinking glasses and glasses of warm water until the craving goes away. It works, because there's only so much water you can drink until you feel absolutely bloated.

Cut out all the "fluffy" foods (eg. bread). Bread has got to be the most useless food. For one, it doesn't even taste that great and more importantly, it does NOTHING to fill you up (note: there is 150 calories in a single bread roll). Try eating 2 slices of bread on its own - useless! Instead, eat more DENSE foods.

Despite what most say, caffeine is a go. It's an appetite suppressant and helps to increase metabolism. It also acts as a diuretic.

...and I can't think of any more tips.

*wbg*, tell me what your diet is like.
ok i tried to do this shit but i could not. is the idea that it makes you want to puke and so you puke up everything you've eaten?? because whilst thats handy (i can't puke for the life of me even if i've eaten shit equal to a dinosaur's weight) i had to tip it all down the sink after having it for a week hidden in my cupboard (my mum would prob freak). does it really work?? should i try it again. how do i make it taste better?
i can't seem to lose any more weight :(
argh. does anyone else get really really jealous when they see skinny people eat shit? cause i do. :( very jealous :( waaah. i sound like a freak.

kow_dude

HSC
Always said:
Up the neg. cal. foods intake. Google "negative calories", I can't be bothered explaining it.

Make acquaintances with apple cider vinegar. Drink a tablespoon (dilute it with water if you wish) before a big meal. It will suppress your appetite and do amazing things to fat and protein. You could also soak cucumber in apple cider vinegar and eat that before each meal. It tastes good so it also makes a good snack. Go easy on the ACV though, or your stomach will be crying (trust me :p ).
I had a quick research on apple cider vinegar and i think it is disgusting. I hope people are not taking these in their diet.
Why would people take these cider vinegar to suppress their appetite when the body needs good nutrition everyday? It is important that people intake protein from sources such as fish, egg and cheese. If you start supressing your appetite by take cider vinegar, you will not be getting enough protein from foods that you need everyday. And when you are not getting enough protein, your body will still look for it because it needs it. So your body will look for protein by breaking your muscles. Eventually, it will get to you heart muscles and you will die.

Always said:
I cannot stress the importance of water. Water is great for so many things. It helps to flush out fatty deposits, ice-cold water raises metabolism, and warm water will trick your body into thinking it's full. Drink water CONSTANTLY. You should be aiming for 3 litres/day. If you ever feel bad craving coming on, start drinking glasses and glasses of warm water until the craving goes away. It works, because there's only so much water you can drink until you feel absolutely bloated.
I agree that you should be drinking a lot of water. But i don't agree to how hot water will "trick" your body into thinking it's full. I don't know where you get that information from :confused:
Cut out all the "fluffy" foods (eg. bread). Bread has got to be the most useless food. For one, it doesn't even taste that great and more importantly, it does NOTHING to fill you up (note: there is 150 calories in a single bread roll). Try eating 2 slices of bread on its own - useless! Instead, eat more DENSE foods.

Always said:
Despite what most say, caffeine is a go. It's an appetite suppressant and helps to increase metabolism. It also acts as a diuretic.
I agree that caffeine is not the villain as to what people make it to be. I don't know if it works as an appetite depressant or if it help metabolism. I don't think people should be taking coffee to suppress their appetite. Coffee actually destroys the villi in the gut. Therefore, the body is unable to absorb nutrients from foods which will consequently make you tired and fatigued.

kow_dude

HSC
Always said:
Bread is actually very important in our diet in that it is the main source of fibre. Even though it is not digested because it isn't a nutrient it helps to eliminate wastes from our body. Unless you want constipation, you need to eat breads.

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
Drinking excessive water isn't actually good for us. 2L a day is healthy, and extra litre or two will have you feeling sick.

Besides, water-bloating is a very different feeling from food-bloating. When you're hungry, no matter how much water you drink, you'll still crave for food. Water is also passed quickly out of your body, so if you want to keep the bloated feeling, you'd have to be drinking and peeing continuously.

Anyway, something simple - choose from healthier foods, and eat whatever you want. The only rule is to stop when you're full, which isn't all that hard to follow.

I've tried going on diets when I was younger, and I could never keep it up. Then I just stopped trying and ate normally (although I stayed away from fried foods), and I went from size 10 to size 6 in 2-3 years. It is a long time, but once the weight came off, it stayed off.

Always

HSC
kow_dude said:
I had a quick research on apple cider vinegar and i think it is disgusting. I hope people are not taking these in their diet.
Why would people take these cider vinegar to suppress their appetite when the body needs good nutrition everyday? It is important that people intake protein from sources such as fish, egg and cheese. If you start supressing your appetite by take cider vinegar, you will not be getting enough protein from foods that you need everyday. And when you are not getting enough protein, your body will still look for it because it needs it. So your body will look for protein by breaking your muscles. Eventually, it will get to you heart muscles and you will die.
Hmm, okay.

You know what, I have this problem with men and their obsession with protein. I get it; protein is your life, it helps with body building, gaining muscles, etc etc. One thing you guys need to understand is that the female body is very different to yours. We have a higher FAT percentage and therefore we lose weight through different means and we have different diet goals. I don't know about the other girls out there, but I sure as hell don't want to add bulk in the form of muscle.

By the way, ACV helps to break down FAT, not protein.

I agree that you should be drinking a lot of water. But i don't agree to how hot water will "trick" your body into thinking it's full. I don't know where you get that information from :confused:
Okay, round two.

Have you ever tried drinking multiple glasses of warm water in one go? After a few glasses, I guarantee you will feel so bloated that eating will be the last thing you want to do. Tried and tested.

Bread is actually very important in our diet in that it is the main source of fibre. Even though it is not digested because it isn't a nutrient it helps to eliminate wastes from our body. Unless you want constipation, you need to eat breads.
I wasn't going to reply to this because I'm sick of this argument.

I hate bread. I think it's the most disgusting, overly processed and overated food (nutrition wise) out there. Two slices of WHOLEMEAL bread contains 250 calories. That's absolutely ridiculous.

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
Always said:
I hate bread. I think it's the most disgusting, overly processed and overated food (nutrition wise) out there. Two slices of WHOLEMEAL bread contains 250 calories. That's absolutely ridiculous.
Yet a sandwich without bread is just not the same... :confused:

kow_dude

HSC
Always said:
You know what, I have this problem with men and their obsession with protein. I get it; protein is your life, it helps with body building, gaining muscles, etc etc. One thing you guys need to understand is that the female body is very different to yours. We have a higher FAT percentage and therefore we lose weight through different means and we have different diet goals. I don't know about the other girls out there, but I sure as hell don't want to add bulk in the form of muscle.
I never said i was a huge fan of protein. In fact, i think my diet is protein deficient. All i was saying is that we should intake protein whether we are gaining or losing weight. You stated ACV as a way of suppressing appetite. I disagreed because it makes people eat less foods and hence less protein.

Protein is important even for girls especially elderly women. That's why we see older women shrink smaller and smaller because they are not getting enough protein, and so the body starts eating its own muscle.

Always

HSC
melimoo said:
ok i tried to do this shit but i could not. is the idea that it makes you want to puke and so you puke up everything you've eaten?? because whilst thats handy (i can't puke for the life of me even if i've eaten shit equal to a dinosaur's weight) i had to tip it all down the sink after having it for a week hidden in my cupboard (my mum would prob freak). does it really work?? should i try it again. how do i make it taste better?
Did you drink it straight? It does taste pretty disgusting that way. Dilute it with water and add a few slices of lemon.

You have to keep in mind that this isn't a miracle weight loss food. It only acts as an aid. The rest of your diet should be relatively clean if you want to lose weight.

what are some other good sources of low-cal protein?
also, what is the recommended calorie intake for a person?
low-cal protein: egg white, tuna, cottage cheese, tofu, etc

Recommended calorie intake:

Women: BMR = 655 + (9.6 X wt in kg) + (1.8 X ht in cm) - (4.7 X age in years)

Activity Multiplier

Sedentary = BMR X 1.2 (little or no exercise, desk job)
Lightly active = BMR X 1.375 (light exercise/sports 1-3 days/wk)
Mod. active = BMR X 1.55 (moderate exercise/sports 3-5 days/wk)
Very active = BMR X 1.725 (hard exercise/sports 6-7 days/wk)
Extr. active = BMR X 1.9 (hard daily exercise/sports & physical job or 2X day training, i.e marathon, contest etc.)

Remember that this is the number of calories you should consume to MAINTAIN your body weight, not LOSE weight.

Always

HSC
kow_dude said:
I never said i was a huge fan of protein. In fact, i think my diet is protein deficient. All i was saying is that we should intake protein whether we are gaining or losing weight. You stated ACV as a way of suppressing appetite. I disagreed because it makes people eat less foodsand hence less protein.

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
to protein fanboy... in some ppl eating excessive protein it can cause severe medical problems... it can act as a poison due to high nitrogen content..
also u dun need to eat tat much... the is evidence it might not be good for you at all in the long term with regards to longetivity.. esp red-meat derived..

the best filler is vegetables.. and over and over again its been shown to be effective..
atm im trying carb supplement by using sweet potato... cos its fairly palatable..

a diet should be about eating a good desirable variety.. if u cant enjoy the foods... then its not good.. the CSIRO diet is a good example of a managable diet.. but frankly.. i think it needs to have more fibre... tho the short term weight loss helps encourage ppl to maintain a better diet....

Dreamerish*~ : wholegrain makes a good sandwich =P its got crunchy bits... and i like it best..
(interestingly... "comfort foods" incl white bread, ice cream etc cause the comfort... because they postulate it increases antidepressant in ure brain.. 5-HT aka seratonin)

mabbe some ppl should consider fibre supplements... cos with water it prevents the constipation.. lowers cholesterol... is inert and just makes u feel full :)

low-cal protein: mushrooms... lean meat.. fish

also around lik 10L of water... u can die... u become hypo-osmolar... i cbf explaining.. but its like dilutin ure body..

im kinda critical of diets that promise quick weight loss.. cos it doesnt really promote a person a sense of wellbeing... nor are they maintainable..

stress actually makes u gain weight.. if food is near enough to u... of course it also stops u from seeking it.. so it can act 2 ways..... the damage to the villi would be interesting.. if it were the primary mechanism... but im pretti sure its not..

most importantly to lose weight.. u need to exercise..

CieL

HSC
kow_dude said:
I agree that you should be drinking a lot of water. But i don't agree to how hot water will "trick" your body into thinking it's full.
Well, you know the asians and how at the restaurants you usually get soup first before your meal?

I reckon that works.

You feel so bloated from the soup you can't take in alot of solid food, hence you eat less... and water (soup) goes through your system pretty fast anyway..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)