Votes: 158 31.5%

• Total voters

stalk_if_u_dare

cheese hater
HSC
im on a diet now.

im doing what i did two years ago.

Eat healthy, walk the dog on the bushtrack..20mins

But i believe its not oing to work as well as it did last time, cos i use to walk to Girls' Brigade from school once aweek ...40mins.

tres bien

you suck.
HSC
N/A
I love eating healthy food. I feel disgusting if I eat really fatty or sugary foods.
I only exercise every second day - doing weights, situps, pushups - and I make sure I do it, otherwise I feel bad. I do my best to walk or run on the days I am not doing weights, but I'm not that committed to walking or running.

I only started exercising about 8 months ago, and I feel fantastic. I can't believe I didn't start exercising earlier.

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
+Po1ntDeXt3r+ said:
ooOOooooOOOOooo and there i was thinking this was goin to be a slow business week ;)..
if only newcastle wasnt so far .. lolz

family history doesnt sound out of the ordinary

115-120 is very borderline.. with 95% range (aka "normal") being 119 - 160 for females.. (dun ask i just know blood numbers off by heart now)

heres how u guess if its RA or OA.. 1) females? 2) under 50 when they got it..
if female and under 50 its almost always RA.. RD include Lupus too :)

weight loss of 10%... thats alright.. unless u werent doing anything different..
mabbe u changed ure diet?
I have a feeling its OA hey. But yeah. And, no lupus.

The thing is, I haven't been doing anything different. Other than eating more crap than usual, and doing less exercise than usual. Its great though!!

Bob, I saw your name on the medsoc page. Thats my story for the day.

tres bien

you suck.
HSC
N/A
melimoo said:
ok
i need help
im confused
well
not really
but, tell me waht is wrong with my breakfast and dinner
breakfast: natural museli with low-fat milk and raspberries
dinner: usually some kind of meat (lamb, chicken, beef) i try to avoid eating it if i ts in some kind of sauce or concoction. and cooked vegies ie. peas, corn, carrots, beans etc. i avoid potato.

now is there anything wrong with that? like do vegies become ultra fatty if you cook them??? and meat. is meat bad/good/ugly/fatty.
yes
stupid questions i know but im confused. and i dont know what i can eat for dinner and if i should eat dinner and argh

and too much fruit is bad right? too much sugar?

waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah
Sounds healthy. It better be homecooked! Lasagne sounds good too.

I can't stand to eat canned or frozen food, e.g. baked beans, frozen lasagne, etc. I rather homecooked stuff, so I know what's going in it.

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
hipsta_jess said:
I have a feeling its OA hey. But yeah. And, no lupus.

The thing is, I haven't been doing anything different. Other than eating more crap than usual, and doing less exercise than usual. Its great though!!

Bob, I saw your name on the medsoc page. Thats my story for the day.
hahah
sounds fine to me.. if u encounter other things.. then see ure doc..
well as long as u dun get other symptoms :) it might be a change in metabolism..

honestly u dun want him to give u a physical.. dr Bob is good but ive been doing it more and for longer ;)..
i think hes got his fone number on the MedSoc page too :p

melimoo

knows how to rave
HSC
oi
need new inspiration to stop eating like a pig
past 2 days have been shocking :(:(:(::(:(:(
and i want food all the time. im doing laright so far today but argh. there's cake in the fridge and thai and somebody stop me. please

arrested development
HSC
melimoo said:
oi
need new inspiration to stop eating like a pig
past 2 days have been shocking :(:(:(::(:(:(
and i want food all the time. im doing laright so far today but argh. there's cake in the fridge and thai and somebody stop me. please
Me toooo meli, me too. :(

I think I've put on, like, a kilo in only the past few days. No joke. :(

The bad thing is I'm home alone so there's no evil mother to make me feel like a fatty mcfatty whenever I eat something.

Dr_Doom

HSC
I'm like both you guys. I eat food because it's there lol. But lately I haven't been eating much coz theres nothing good to eat. Except bubble gum :\

arrested development
HSC
melimoo said:
omg. i checked this morning and i put on at least 1 kilo since like yesterday. almost fucking cried. fuck fuck.

my mother is the one who tries to shove food down my throat. she's also addicted to sugar i think. and grandma keeps giving me food because she thinks i don't eat. argh. i have to tell my mum to buy food i don't like so i can't eat it. like last night, i told her i wanted all these thai dishes that make me want to spew. muhahaha but there was cake :(:(:( waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah FUCK

Maybe it was just water weight? Did you have a salty meal last night? :(

Tell your mum that if she doesn't stop forcing you to eat you'll become bulimic and then you'll be really sick and stuff, and that's not good. Force-feeding is bad! My dad used to force-feed me as a small child because he thought I was malnourished. :rolleyes:

I've been good so far today. Haven't eaten anything yet... haha but I did only wake up an hour ago. Hmmm... I'll probably be stuffing my face by this evening. :(

arrested development
HSC
melimoo said:
not salty that i remember :S
still going strong today. today my diet starts fo real again. i think my problem is i have no chewing gum. my favourite food group. mums getting me some though yay
and someone ate all the cake
yay
i have a headache
uhoh
and only the yukky thai is left
yay
but there's passionfruit flummery
uhoh

xxrollercoasterofemotionsxx
OMG I am OBSESSED with chewing gum too!! I went through a phase where I was consuming 7 packets per day. Probably not so good for me, but great anyway.

arrested development
HSC
rhia said:
if you don't want to end up "stuffing your face" by this evening - eat something nourishing, so that you won't want to. if you sit there and try to starve yourself, you'll be more likely to stuff your face with crap. eat sustainably, not stupidly.
Haha yeah I know. I had only just woken up when I posted that so of course I hadn't eaten yet. ;)

mr_brightside

frakfrakfrakcackmackshack
HSC
yeah don't eat carbs, don't eat much, exercise lots and be stressed.

then you'll lose weight.

i've lost five kilos since the start of uni doing that :p

edit: this is TULIPA i can't be fucked logging out of dan's account to post this.

so yeah this isn't dan... this is sarah :)

Last edited:

Cykologi_gal

Psyche...
HSC
Hmmm...your BMI's normal 19.67516685313066625515990895413...technically you don't need to lsoe weight...but to tone up - this is where you need to think: what sort of exercises you like that you can easily keep up in a program. Do cut down on junk though, yes...I went swimming once, with my weight at 52.7kg, and after 4 weeks of it (once a week) it dropped down to 46kg...I freaked out lol, anyway, don't listen to Mr Brightside, he's not right at all - you need a balance, carbos are great and you DO need to eat - otherwise you'll be losing water and nutrients in your muscles and not fat - a balance will increase your metabolism and decrease your stress levels as well - guys just want to see us all skinny, the way they like...without caring for our health! Good luck!

Last edited:

lala2

Banned
HSC
extreme stress and exercising could help (that is, if you lose weight when stressed). last time I weighed myself I was *shame* 58kgs, at the start of the HSC year. But I dropped a size (size 12 to size 10) within the first two weeks of uni this year due to all the stress and exercise I was doing. Anyone has any idea how much one size is in kgs?

edit: btw, the weight loss was around my tummy only, so no bum, thighs or elsewhere.

Last edited:

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
I think its generally about 6kg, but probably room for fluctuation due to height.

kow_dude

HSC
mr_brightside said:

then you'll lose weight.
lala2 said:
extreme stress and exercising could help (that is, if you lose weight when stressed).
Are you guys crazy?!?

I happen to work for a nutrition company and sell products/programmes to help people lose, gain and manage their weight.

Stress is the worse way to lose weight. You will only lose weight in the short term.

Stress damages the Villi, the finger-like structures that protrude from the wall of the intestine. The surface area of the villi decreases and so is unable to absorb nutrients as much as you body needs. So not only does stress causes you to lose weight, it leads to malnutrition ( i.e tiredness and low evergy levels and low stamina).

DO NOT STRESS !!

Tulipa

Loose lips sink ships
to the left, a little below the right and right in
HSC
mr_brightside said:

then you'll lose weight.

i've lost five kilos since the start of uni doing that :p

edit: this is TULIPA i can't be fucked logging out of dan's account to post this.

so yeah this isn't dan... this is sarah :)
okay once again... that was me :)

i haven't been stressed on purpose, just the increased stress of uni and campus environment.

added to that the fact that i've turned into a gym junkie and manage everything i eat a day (making sure that i have protein and carbs, just not a lot) has led to me losing three or four kilos in a drastic period of time.

hey it might not be healthy but its a noticeable loss.

melimoo

knows how to rave
HSC
oi stressing has helped me. since the hsc ive lost an embarassing amount of weight. and ive continued to lose so you know. its been 6 months...seems longterm enough...

Tulipa

Loose lips sink ships
to the left, a little below the right and right in
HSC
melimoo said:
oi stressing has helped me. since the hsc ive lost an embarassing amount of weight. and ive continued to lose so you know. its been 6 months...seems longterm enough...
how much is an "embarassing" amount?

i've lost about 10% of my body weight in the last two months, which sounds crazy but its just 5kg off a 50kg frame really. i call that my drastic amount of weight.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)