• Total voters

Catwalk

HSC
grk_styl said:
breakfast - yoghurt and cereal
snack - fruit
lunch - salad sandwich or rice cakes
snack - cut up carrots, celeray, etc
dinner - grilled meat, chicken, boiled vegetables and rice (it's not as yuck as you think!)
snack - fruit...sometimes ice-cream...
sounds good ;) i think i should be able to follow this.

damn that OPENED box of lindt selection chocolates in the pantry.

hYperTrOphY

HSC
breakfast = break fast
12 hrs or so w/o food = fast
it doesnt matter
If you dont eat for 8 hours you will still be breaking a fast. The idea is to cut down the amount of time you are in a catabolic state. I dont suggest that you wake up every few hours and eat, but I do advocate that you eat before bed and you eat appropriate food. For example, cottage cheese is a casein protein, so is digested more slowly andis thus optimal for before bed.

perhaps i should have rephrased...don't eat DINNER past 6pm. there's nothing wrong with desserts, fruit, etc. i won't insult your intelligence by explaining to you why it's bad to have dinner at 10pm and then go to bed at 11pm.
Actually, I would not recommend dessert or fruit before bed. Anything high in sugar at night is not recommended due to your body's insulin sensitivity at such times. Eat such foods in the morning. :)

perhaps not the nicest thing to say, but whatever trevor. sometimes you can't just eat chicken, meat, and fish on it's own ALL the time. especially when you can't (or don't like to eat fish or chicken for example.

i guess everyone's body is different. it worked for me. only because i exercised constantly.
I apologise if it came across the wrong way. By no means was I trying to insult you. In fact, I congratulate you on your achievments. I was simply pointing out that such fods are not optimal.

some breads, pasta and rice are low gi hun
Some are. The GI diet is pretty popular now, so low GI foods are more common nowadays. I eat the low GI basmati rice, but also brown rice is very good. Some breads aren't high GI, but I would still avoid bread if really trying to lose weight. But yes, there are low GI alternatives available. :)

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
Really, its all in the exercise. You can eat perfectly but without the exercise you won't get anywhere.

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
on the dance floor with a bottle of tequila
HSC
i think what i'm trying to get at is that the thread starter doesn't need to lose weight, and i think deep down she knows that herself.

she just needs to eat healthy and exercise. not exercise to lose weight, but just to be healthy. it gives u so much more energy and u feel so alive when u exercise.

i'm sure ur right about not eating fruit before bed. but i love it, so i do it lol but i still don't believe u should eat a massive dinner and then go straight to bed. i'd feel so sick.

anyway, like i said before, everyone's body is different. eating carbs and exercising worked wonders for me. i don't see how you can NOT eat carbs. if u have done it, then congratulations, i could never do it. I can't live without my carbs lol

Catwalk

HSC
hYperTrOphY said:
Some are. The GI diet is pretty popular now, so low GI foods are more common nowadays. I eat the low GI basmati rice, but also brown rice is very good. Some breads aren't high GI, but I would still avoid bread if really trying to lose weight. But yes, there are low GI alternatives available. :)
why avoid bread? brown bread is relatively low-cal and pretty healthy i thought?

and instead of all the "don'ts" how about some "do's"

hYperTrOphY

HSC
Oh no! By no means am I saying don't eat carbs!! They are an essential macronutrient needed for energy! You've just go to eat the right carbs and at the right times.

Catwalk

HSC
is anyone else trying to lose weight or am i alone? haha...

re. carbs, i've always been carb conscious so it's not a problem for me. i probably eat 3 servings MAX

*wbg*

HSC
catwalk you're not alone.. im trying to lose weight, but hten again im always trying! im 164cm and my weight fluctuates between 56 and 58kg i'd like to get down to 50kg.. hmm :(

philly17

you guys are like skinny twigs stop your complaining!! omg u must be like size 8. It pisses me off when tiny things like you are all i'm so fat i need to lose weight making us normal- chubby sized girls feel like obese whales!

Catwalk

HSC
Philomena_86 said:
you guys are like skinny twigs stop your complaining!! omg u must be like size 8. It pisses me off when tiny things like you are all i'm so fat i need to lose weight making us normal- chubby sized girls feel like obese whales!
as i've already said i don't think i'm extremely fat and if i'm insulting anyone then it's unintentional. it doesn't matter what size clothing i am, i'm still not happy with the size of my body and that's why i'd like to be smaller.

Catwalk

HSC
*wbg* said:
catwalk you're not alone.. im trying to lose weight, but hten again im always trying! im 164cm and my weight fluctuates between 56 and 58kg i'd like to get down to 50kg.. hmm :(
it's okay, i've been trying for the past 6 months! but this time i really want to do it. good luck with it! let's shed it kilo by kilo.....

Wolfowitz

, now also hated by Jews!
HSC
Catwalk said:
so what DO you girls eat? let's say on a typical day.
Breakfast: 3 honey-grilled boars.
Breakbrunch: 5 wheelbarrows of tabouleh and 2 of trout
Brunch: 1 oven-baked virgin
Lunch: 82 rounds of Tandoori foot-longs at Subway
Afternoon Tea: 3 British Scones (Men from Scone)
Dinner: Sex. Lots of sex.

The sex keep me trim.

*wbg*

HSC
Wolfowitz said:
Breakfast: 3 honey-grilled boars.
Breakbrunch: 5 wheelbarrows of tabouleh and 2 of trout
Brunch: 1 oven-baked virgin
Lunch: 82 rounds of Tandoori foot-longs at Subway
Afternoon Tea: 3 British Scones (Men from Scone)
Dinner: Sex. Lots of sex.

The sex keep me trim.

haha so the key to my weight loss sucess is sex... ill bear that in mind :p

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
Hehe yeah we'll just say that a good orgasm raises your metabolism and you can eat what you want...

/dreaming

lilkiwifruit

HSC
N/A
you could always start eating one meal a day and imagine that all food are poison.. my friend tried that scheme, and she dropped her weight to 29kg or less and went to hospital.
GOOD LUCK

Sarah

HSC
N/A
Catwalk said:
i'm trying to lose weight before school starts again and it's so, so hard. when i go out i eat junk, when i'm home i eat junk as well.
Ok at home, get rid of the junk food. That way you don't have any junk to snack on when you're at home. When you're out, go for the healthy foods.

i know i'm not extremely fat or anything so i don't mean to insult anyone that's bigger than me. but i would like to be thinner especially since i'm asian and all other asians are skinny shits (as my parents love to remind me).
I know what you mean when you're constantly surrounded by Asians that are skinny. But most of the Asian girls look the same anyway. Wouldn't you rather be healthy then be really skinny and not eating correctly?

I don't think you need to loose weight. Have you considered that maybe you need to do toning exercises instead?

It's not bad eating junk food every now and then so long as it's not constantly.

hYperTrOphY said:
If you dont eat for 8 hours you will still be breaking a fast. The idea is to cut down the amount of time you are in a catabolic state. I dont suggest that you wake up every few hours and eat, but I do advocate that you eat before bed and you eat appropriate food. For example, cottage cheese is a casein protein, so is digested more slowly andis thus optimal for before bed.
Are you sure about that? Because when you're sleeping, your body functions shut down/slow down. That why it's not recommended to eat before going to bed.

Anyway, wouldn't you feel bloated if you ate before going to be? When i say this, I mean eating within 1 hr of going to bed

HSC
Sarah said:
I don't think you need to loose weight. Have you considered that maybe you need to do toning exercises instead?

It's not bad eating junk food every now and then so long as it's not constantly.
exactly what she said.

you are by no means, fat, chubby or should even feel pressured to lose weight.

a couple of years back, i was 160cm and weighed 55kg and my doctor told me I needed to lose weight so that I weighed under 50kg. fast forward to now, i dont see the same doctor anymore and told my current GP about this incident and he said my old doctor was deluded and had no right to give me misleading advice like that, especially at the tender age where you cared about what your peers think of your appearance.
My current doctor is right too, I'm now in uni and i'm constantly dieting dangerously, calorie counting, weighing myself all the time and getting depressed when i don't reach a goal and it gets me NOWHERE.

you say you're eating junk food all the time, so fuck worrying about your weight and losing weight so much, you'll just end up more fat and unhappy.
for now, just worry about eating healthily and exercising and the weight'll come off easily.

Smokey_22

the member
HSC
thecurtainfalls said:
exactly what she said.

a couple of years back, i was 160cm and weighed 55kg and my doctor told me I needed to lose weight so that I weighed under 50kg. .
You sure he/she was a doc?
Was he/she a he/she?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)