Votes: 71 14.1%
  • I'm a boy and I'm hella sexy

Votes: 158 31.5%

• Total voters
HSC
Smokey_22 said:
You sure he/she was a doc?
Was he/she a he/she?
he definitely was a doctor, my parents had been seeing him for like 10 years or something...

Smokey_22

the member
HSC
thecurtainfalls said:
he definitely was a doctor, my parents had been seeing him for like 10 years or something...
That sounds so strange for a doc to say. Youre easily in a healthy weight bracket.

UGFighter

HSC
Generator said:
Or you could just not bother with bacon at all if you are even willing to consider such an outrageous suggestion... Bacon without the grease and fat just isn't right.

Another idea would be to snack on various mixtures of dried fruits, nuts and seeds rather than on junk food.
Perhaps not... 4 dried fruits is about the equivalent of one apple... it wouldn't be too hard to knock down about 15 or so would it? That's like eating 4 apples, do you see yourself doing that?

thecurtainfalls said:
you are by no means, fat, chubby or should even feel pressured to lose weight.
hmm she didn't say she thinks she's fat just that she's not that happy with her body :D and thats normal enough, even light weighted girls have flabby bits that they want to get rid of and theres nothing wrong with that :p

and to Catwalk, i dont know think 5-6kg in 4 weeks is realistic for you! because you're pretty skinny already and theres only so much you can lose so may be aim lower??

Last edited by a moderator:
HSC
Smokey_22 said:
That sounds so strange for a doc to say. Youre easily in a healthy weight bracket.

Yeah, I thought so too. He didn't even give me a proper medical reason as to why I should lose weight. He just said something along the lines of "You'll look better if you lost some weight..." etc. I think it's because he was an asian doctor and I'm asian and the whole stigma of all Asians being skinny and small.

haha this was a couple of years ago, since then, i'm a little chubbier and could stand to lose some pounds. :(

fungrz said:
hmm she didn't say she thinks she's fat just that she's not that happy with her body and thats normal enough, even light weighted girls have flabby bits that they want to get rid of and theres nothing wrong with that :p
i was just reassuring her that she doesn't need to/feel pressured to lose weight. i know how it feels not to be happy with yourself, i can't even remember in the last 7yrs, the last time i was happy with myself.
most girls have "flabby bits" even those who weigh under 50kgs! but if those girls are already light in weight, it'd be alot better for them to do toning exercises rather than to lose weight.

Last edited:

Smokey_22

the member
HSC
grk_styl said:
along with sex, i'd also recommend running!
i ran for 20 mins on thurs and fri. by saturday i had lost 2 kilos.
Absolutely. Go for a jog every 2nd morning before breakky and spoil yourself with some sex every so often ;)

Emily.

Pro-VSU
HSC
you shouldnt be concerned about your actual weight. you should look at your fat to weight ratio. do weights, theyre good for chicks.

*wbg*

HSC
hey catwalk...
hows it going? my diet's going better than expected, though with holiday food around its really REALLY hard to resist
anyway, starting weight was 56 and im down to 54 now.. so i need to lose anohter four before school starts *fingers crossed*
basically, im eating a piece of wholegrain toast for brekkie with promite or something... avocardo sandwitch or salad for lunch , snack of fruit and then for dinner veg, small portion of white meat and half serve of rice
it seems tobe working and im not starving all the time!

im also doing 100 sit ups each day and 100 pushups to tone up a little, and doing a 20min run almost every day

i hope ur weight loss project is going well! *luck*

Kirika

HSC
yeah i gotta agree with curtainfalls. when i was younger my doctor told me i needed to lose weight, i ended up losing far too much and teachers told my mother i was anorexic (which luckily i was not). just make sure you stay in control and dont take it too far, its easy to lose it and you end up out of control before you know it. but yes to the person above me, thatplans sounds like what i have: piece wholegrain toast for brekkie, light multigrain salada at about 1030, salad or salad sandwhich for lunch, apple for later, then salad, meat and small amount carbs for tea. works well so i can still have lollies (have rediscovered my love for skittles) and other stuff without being paranoid about putting on weight.

Ranger Stacie

hollaback girl
HSC
Catwalk said:
is anyone else trying to lose weight or am i alone? haha...

re. carbs, i've always been carb conscious so it's not a problem for me. i probably eat 3 servings MAX
i think im in the same boat i am about 55 and would like to be 50.
when you say "i want to lsoe weight" do you mean you want to lose weight, or do you mean you want to tone up. All i really wanna do is tone up and get rid of a roll of fat that is on my tummy, and my friends/family get confused cos im alwyas whinging about needing to lsoe weight when i really meant toning up..
p.s. i am really drunk probably ignore this whole post actually

Jiga

When losing weight, all you have to remember is that its all about:

Weight Gain/Loss = Energy In - Energy Out

If your gaining weight, its more than likely because your energy in exceeds energy out so your body places that surplus in storage (ie Fat). By slightly decreasing energy in and increasing energy out alot your body will be called upon to burn the fat in order to survive.... and hello weight loss.

i ran for 20 mins on thurs and fri. by saturday i had lost 2 kilos.
Its hard to say if that is directly related to your excercise, 2kilos is alot of weight loss and usually your body doesnt react so quickly to an increase in energy out (or so I think). In any case though, consistent excercise will see beneficial effects in relation to weight loss.

But like I said above, its all above the energy thing.... my brother for example tried losing weight, but nothing happened.... because he increased energy out but he also increased energy in thinking it was ok to cos he was excercising alot :rolleyes:. Fatal mistake.

Also remember other basic things like no eating after like 8pm etc.

Good Luck All :wave:

Catwalk

HSC
*wbg* said:
hey catwalk...
hows it going? my diet's going better than expected, though with holiday food around its really REALLY hard to resist
anyway, starting weight was 56 and im down to 54 now.. so i need to lose anohter four before school starts *fingers crossed*
basically, im eating a piece of wholegrain toast for brekkie with promite or something... avocardo sandwitch or salad for lunch , snack of fruit and then for dinner veg, small portion of white meat and half serve of rice
it seems tobe working and im not starving all the time!

im also doing 100 sit ups each day and 100 pushups to tone up a little, and doing a 20min run almost every day

i hope ur weight loss project is going well! *luck*
well done! i think you're doing a little better than me, but only just! ;) i weighed myself just then and i'm down to 49.5. :eek: didn't even realise i had lost weight!

all i've done is cut out (most) of the junk and that's about it. i've been doing a few toning exercises and not eating before i go to bed (nice tip whoever it was, thanks!).

btw *wbg*, i eat so much more than you. grrrrr, damn that appetite. i usually eat 2 pieces of toast, a banana and an egg for breakfast, and throughout the afternoon i'd eat 2 apple, some other kind of fruit, a cucumber, a can of tuna, yoghurt, and biscuits (this is where i go wrong) before dinner, which is usually some kind of meat + veggies + a tiny bit of rice. :eek: that sounds like an awful lot.

to everyone else, i know i'm not FAT, i know i'm at a healthy weight but i also know i'm not thin either. i want to be down to 46 kg because that's how much i weighed at the start of last year and i'll be satisfied once i get that body back.

thanks for all the advice! i'm reading it all and taking it all in.

*wbg*

HSC
hey catwalk.. its GOOD that you can lose weight without eating too little.. i DONT lose weight unless i eat that much and yeah im hungry lots :p

ugh its so annoying, i just wish it would all disapear.. i remeber when i was a size four.. ... that was cool :p

and guh! its so annoying, we have "family dinners" (which i have to go to ;P) and we eat at about 9pm so im relaly disadvantaged on the weight loss front!!!

meh i just want to feel confident in minis and bikinis and stuff.. why is it so hard :(?

*wbg*

HSC
well i was a size four but not dieting or anything.. jsut naturally like that so it looked okay... then i started gaining weight i guess

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)