• I'm a girl and NO I'm not

Votes: 71 14.1%
  • I'm a boy and I'm hella sexy

Votes: 158 31.5%

• Total voters

melimoo

knows how to rave
HSC
see. the past 2 days, i tried this whole 6-meal-a-day thing but i can't do it. i feel like im eating alllllllll the time and that makes me sad. unless you count snacks (like a few nuts or a piece of fruit) as one of these 'meals' even then my normal eating habits don't equate to 6-a-day.

hYperTrOphY

HSC
melimoo said:
see. the past 2 days, i tried this whole 6-meal-a-day thing but i can't do it. i feel like im eating alllllllll the time and that makes me sad. unless you count snacks (like a few nuts or a piece of fruit) as one of these 'meals' even then my normal eating habits don't equate to 6-a-day.
Post what you have been eating.

hYperTrOphY

HSC
Though I'm curious to know -what would you recommend they have for each of those 6 meals?
Here is an example plan from a long and detailed article which I have sent melimoo:

Breakfast:

1 1/2 servings of Oatmeal 250 calories
50 grams of Whey Protein 250 calories
Two Glasses Of Water

total: 500 calories, 50 grams of quality protein

One hour before your workout drink 2-3 tall glasses of water.

workout ( This is what its all about, so give me 200 percent effort! )

meal two post workout meal

Follow the Window Of Opportunity guidelines here.

meal three

a baked or steamed sweet potato 115 calories
small tossed green salad with safflower oil 185 calories
broiled chicken breast 200 calories
two tall glasses of water

total 500 calories, 40 grams of protein

meal two:

broiled Salmon 200 calories
One heaping Spoonful of a mixture of Flax Seed & Safflower Oil (150 calories), A glass of water

total: 350 calories, 40 grams of quality protein

Meal Five

Mixture of Efa's - 100 calories

Lean Tri-Tip Steak - 300 calories
Steamed Spinach - 100 calories
glass of ice water

total 500 calories, 60 grams of protein

Meal Six

30 grams of Cottage Cheese - 150 calories
One Spoonful of A mixture of Flax Seed Oil and Safflower Oil - 150 calories

Steamed Spinach - 50 calories
A glass of water

total: 350 calories - 30 grams of quality protein

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
todd_2005 said:
I weigh 80 kgs and my height is 185 cm i'm trying to get down to 65 by the time I go back to school and by december when I turn 18 I want the perfect body, already dieting, started on 11th now 14th have lost 4kgs can I lose the rest in time and have body I want by the end of the year?
why??

well, if you want the perfect MALE body, it involves muscle too

and being 185cm, well...you'd look completely unhealthy at 65kgs

but, your body and choice

hYperTrOphY

HSC
Definitely wouldn't be my ideal either - but like you said: his choice.

Personally, my ideal would be something like 6'2, 120kgs at 6% body fat. :)

Always

HSC
hYperTrOphY said:
I don't think a person's body fat percentage dictates their source of energy. This is determined by the intensity of their exercise.
Always said:
That's what textbooks will tell you, but in the weight-loss world, it's not true. Most people who want to lose weight will have a relatively high fat storage, so their bodies will more willingly utilise fat as a source of energy.
Always said:
Yes, a little muscle tissue will be lost but it will be worth it during the first stages of weight loss. The aim is to lose the fat. Toning's the easy part.
hYperTrOphY said:
If Catwalk was obese, I would not be so worried with working out on an empty stomach. However, she is far from obese, or even overweight.
.......? I'm not sure what your point is. Where did I say, or even imply that Catwalk is obese? Refering back to what I said before, people who want to lose weight will usually have relatively high fat storage. That does not mean they are obese, but it does mean that they have a high percentage of body fat and their body will readily use fat as a source of energy, especially if they have not consumed any food and have no other energy to burn.
I'm going to be rude and say this is fucking pissing me off. Do you really believe those girls were eating too little before they started their diets? You say they've incorrectly calculated their caloric requirements, yet you encourage those females, mind you, to consume 2200 calories/day? I'd like to see any female (of small stature) lose 6 kgs in 5 weeks on a 2200 cals/day diet. I can guarantee they will be experiencing quite the reverse.

What I'd really like to know is, where did you get these weight-loss ideas from?

P

psychokitten

i have been the same weight for 3 years. thats not a good thing.

Catwalk

HSC
midnight_magick said:
exactly! but catwalk has her mind set on losing weight (as she has pointed out to us many times in this thread so far) so i guess we'll just have to see how she goes. *fingers crossed* :D
THANKYOU!! :D

update: i haven't lost ANY weight. well, i'm 50 kg atm but that fluctuates to 51 by the end of the day. this is depressing. i've decided i'm going to try the apple cider vinegar thingo. i don't know what else to do!! how are you going *wbg*?

psychokitten: it's GOOD that your weight has been stable. at least that means you haven't put on any weight. :(

hYperTrOphY

HSC
.......? I'm not sure what your point is. Where did I say, or even imply that Catwalk is obese? Refering back to what I said before, people who want to lose weight will usually have relatively high fat storage. That does not mean they are obese, but it does mean that they have a high percentage of body fat and their body will readily use fat as a source of energy, especially if they have not consumed any food and have no other energy to burn.
But that is incorrect. The source of energy is determined by the type of exercise, its intensity and its duration, not the body composition of the person performing it!
And while not eating prior to exercise canhelp some people who are obese, I have also proven (with factual scientific evidence) that it will not do much to increase fat metabolism, but rather muscle catabolism.

I'm going to be rude and say this is fucking pissing me off. Do you really believe those girls were eating too little before they started their diets? You say they've incorrectly calculated their caloric requirements, yet you encourage those females, mind you, to consume 2200 calories/day? I'd like to see any female (of small stature) lose 6 kgs in 5 weeks on a 2200 cals/day diet. I can guarantee they will be experiencing quite the reverse.
I'm not encouraging anyone to eat 2200 calories a day for fuck sake!! I'm the one who has been saying you have to calculate your caloric refquirements AS THEY APPLY TO YOU.. so why would I give someone a specific number?? That diet was a response to someone's question (possibly yours) about what types of foods would compromise a diet of 6 meals per day.

What I'd really like to know is, where did you get these weight-loss ideas from?
Generally, exercise physiology textbooks. But also articles written by people with degrees at university. Although, I rarely research weight loss.

monzi

HSC
---

I eat everything but I exercise about four hours a day. I run for one hour, then three hours of walking It's a wonder what your neighbourhood can do for your body. I used to make the mistake of only eating fruit and vegetables and demanding that my mother cook me only healthy meals but I've changed I do eat junk food and all that greasy stuff occassionally but I exercise alot. I used to weigh about 56 kilos now I weigh 46 kilos all from just not always 'trying' to lose weight.

nedzelic

HSC
Catwalk said:
i'm trying to lose weight before school starts again and it's so, so hard. when i go out i eat junk, when i'm home i eat junk as well.

is anyone else trying to lose weight? maybe we could all share tips or something.

im 160cm and i weigh 51kg currently. i wanna be 46kg in 4 weeks time. realistic or not?

anyway, how much do you weigh and how much do you want to weigh?

(btw, im not sure where to post this. just posted in F+L cos i figured more girls browse this forum)
in the words of dr rudi "eat less"

Or in my words

it's not fucking rocket science you retard. eat less and exercise more!!!!!!!

anyway, 51kg??? that doens't sound fat

Always

HSC
hYperTrOphY said:
But that is incorrect. The source of energy is determined by the type of exercise, its intensity and its duration, not the body composition of the person performing it!
And while not eating prior to exercise canhelp some people who are obese, I have also proven (with factual scientific evidence) that it will not do much to increase fat metabolism, but rather muscle catabolism.
I don't fucking care about scientific evidence. I know that if someone has a lot of body fat, their body will be willing to use FAT as a source of energy, especially if they have not eaten anything and therefore no calories to burn. I have no fucking idea what "fat metabolism" or "muscle catabolism" means, nor do I care what you've learnt in your PD/H/PE class. What I do know is that exercising first thing in the morning is beneficial to people who have high fat storage. People who have a a lot of body fat. People aren't necessarily fat, but are not lean or muscular. Get my point?

I'm not encouraging anyone to eat 2200 calories a day for fuck sake!! I'm the one who has been saying you have to calculate your caloric refquirements AS THEY APPLY TO YOU.. so why would I give someone a specific number?? That diet was a response to someone's question (possibly yours) about what types of foods would compromise a diet of 6 meals per day.
I asked you to suggest a 6-meals-a-day diet because I was curious to know what you'd come up with. I wasn't surprised when I saw you had pasted a plan from a fucking article, but I was shocked to find that the meals added to 2200 cals/day and that you endorse this meal plan.

Generally, exercise physiology textbooks. But also articles written by people with degrees at university. Although, I rarely research weight loss.
Physio textbooks are for bodybuilders, not for women who want to lose weight. I have no respect for what (most) "people with degrees at university" have to say regarding weight loss, because they all say the same fucking thing - "Weight loss occurs when the energy exerted is greater than energy intake. Therefore, eat well, sleep well and don't forget to exercise!"

Why does this matter to me? I've had my own battles with weight/image and as a female, I know that if a girl is dissatisfied with her weight she will not rest easy until she loses the unwanted kilos. The best way for them to do this is through the easiest, most efficient way, so they can lose the weight they want before it becomes an obsessive thing (which happens from frustration because they are unable to lose weight).

Now that I'm feeling more calm, I will say that I'm not trying to yell at you or put you do. I believe you know a lot about nutrition (especially exercise) in the theoretical sense, but I seriously doubt such information as you have given will result in weight loss.

That's my $0.02.

hYperTrOphY

HSC
I don't fucking care about scientific evidence.
lol. Okay then.

Physio textbooks are for bodybuilders, not for women who want to lose weight.
Not only are bodybuilders probably some of the leanest athletes in the world, they cycle from 'bulks' to 'cuts' during the season. That is, they bulk up during the off-season, adding muscle and fat. Then, to the lead up to a competition, they undergo a 'cut'. During this time they employ the same principles that anyone else would to reduce their bodyfat.

Now that I'm feeling more calm, I will say that I'm not trying to yell at you or put you do. I believe you know a lot about nutrition (especially exercise) in the theoretical sense, but I seriously doubt such information as you have given will result in weight loss.
Well, that is unfortunate. However, it is up to you to believe what you wish. From your posts, I would assume you have had some success with weight loss (?), so as long as you are happy, then that is fine. In saying that, I believe in what I am saying because science proves it factual. And to dismiss science by saying that 'it doesnt work in the weight loss' world is ridiculous as scientists uses real world experiements, research and people to come to their conclusions. But like I said, what you endorse and apply in your life is your choice and I wish you goodluck with it. I am simply trying to provide sound advice to those who need it. Btw, even if you wish not be a bodybuilder, I recommend you join www.abcbodybuilding.com. Well researched articles, qualified moderators and great forums - regardless of your goals.

EDIT: I should also add that MANY people have had simply Awesome success with the advice provided in the article from which I took the meal plan.

Last edited:

Always

HSC
hYperTrOphY said:
Well, that is unfortunate. However, it is up to you to believe what you wish. From your posts, I would assume you have had some success with weight loss(?), so as long as you are happy, then that is fine. In saying that, I believe in what I am saying because science proves it factual. And to dismiss science by saying that 'it doesnt work in the weight loss' world is ridiculous as scientists uses real world experiements, research and people to come to their conclusions.
haha, I wouldn't exactly say that.

I'm not exactly sure what you're trying to say. Basically your advice has been "eat 6 meals a day" and you provided an extremely high cal meal plan. All I can tell from that information is that it is NOT an effective method of weight-loss for girls that just want to lose a few kilos.

Tell me, what exactly has science proved about weight loss?

alby

cool duckie
HSC
monzi said:
I eat everything but I exercise about four hours a day
you do realise that more than 3hrs of excersise a week isnt as good as it seems. the amount of energy you burn after the initial 3hrs is negligible. i got this from my teacher who was told it by her dietitian, so logic tells me there's a fair bit of evidence behind it

as for me, i do shit all excersise and have put on 8kg over the past year. i know i need to excersise, but i'm only ~63kg..it's not like i'm obese and/or sitting on my arse 24/7, i'm not too worried

niteshade1312

HSC
For crying out loud. You dont need to loose weight, you just have to tone. You're probabaly all flabby because of not exercising properly and 51 kg is quite light!

I hate these threads! And this is coming from someone who has been dancing for as long as I can remember and never had a weight issue. 50 kg for a 160cm is fantastic!

alby

cool duckie
HSC
nat: that's not overdoing it at all, it's only 3.5-4hrs, you're still getting a lot out of it. regular excersise is very good for you, and beach runs are great for toning.

all i was saying is, those people who are gym/excersise freaks (you all know the type i mean) and think they'll lose heaps by excersising/going to the gym daily and for hours on end arent really doing much for themselves once they pass the 3hr mark.

jessied

HSC
This forum's making me feel fat.. But if you wanna loose weight here's my 2cents of advice..

1. Drink heaps of water. I drink 2.5+ a day, it might make u feel slightly bloated but it will make you want to eat less (you feel full)
2. Eat slowly. The slower you eat the more time you give your body to digest the food so you feel full while your eating not after you've finished eating
3. Exercise. Der! They weren't joking when they said the best way to loose weight it to eat healty and exercise

Goodluck!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)