• I'm a boy and I'm hella sexy

Votes: 158 31.5%

• Total voters

melimoo

knows how to rave
HSC
Re: Are YOU trying to lose weight?

Tulipa said:
i viciously hate my entire body at the moment. and carbs. bagels are the fucking devil and i love them so much.

:(:(:(
oh god me too.
i've been able to cut out the bread of which i ate alot in the past month or so
its the fucking sugar cravings :mad:

mitsui

мιтэuι
HSC

How long can you guys run for ? How long are we suppose to run for to get any effect without gaining huge muscle at the legs?
I injured my legs a while ago and couldn't do more than 30mins max. =(

Tulipa

Loose lips sink ships
to the left, a little below the right and right in
HSC

melimoo said:
oh god me too.
i've been able to cut out the bread of which i ate alot in the past month or so
its the fucking sugar cravings :mad:
I've decided to start counting calories, carb (&sugar) content, protein and fat content.

I figure it'll freak me out into eating right.

Uncle Jonny

HSC

then i'll tell you to be quiet, stop counting and spoon that neopolitan icecream! :eek:

Uncle Jonny

HSC

no you didnt, I ate most of it!

melimoo

knows how to rave
HSC

Tulipa said:
I've decided to start counting calories, carb (&sugar) content, protein and fat content.

I figure it'll freak me out into eating right.
hahaha dude it totally does
glitterfairy posted this not long ago.
http://www.wisegeek.com/what-does-200-calories-look-like.htm
i havent even looked at peanut butter since.
the annoying think about counting calories is trying to work out the 'serving size'

i tend to just look at calories/kilojoules, sugar and fat content. then you get fed up trying to work it out and just eat celery!! haha

melimoo

knows how to rave
HSC

mitsui said:
How long can you guys run for ? How long are we suppose to run for to get any effect without gaining huge muscle at the legs?
it all depends on how fast youre going.
running's not for everyone though. there are other equally effective ways of getting a good cardio workout

chenliru

[h<3rt_kdramas.]
HSC
Re: to lose the weighttt

grk_styl said:
The first is a silly idea.

I lost 10kg by eating 5 meals a day.

Eat as much as you want...but make sure it's healthy food and make sure you EXERCISE!

These days I'm not psychotic about what I eat any more (I was on a boiled food diet....ug, so over it), so I eat lots of food, but I exercise. Eating less gets you nowhere, coz once you start eating again, you put it back on like there's no tomorrow.

Thread starter, get yourself motivated! Buy a pair of hot shorts that are 1 size smaller than what you are, and force yourself to exercise based on the fact that in x amount of months you wanna fit in those hot shorts and look hot! lol

hah! i did that ...last year? i had these pants i couldnt fit into nemore and at the end of this year, i seemed to have dropped a size so i now fit into them agen. buhtt im still trying to drop at least another oneee..
the exercise bit - yeah im working on it. the food - aghhh.. why must food have to be so nice?? LOL its hard to avoid the .. bad foods, esp wen ur on holis with nothing to do.

alby

cool duckie
HSC

melimoo said:
hahaha dude it totally does
glitterfairy posted this not long ago.
http://www.wisegeek.com/what-does-200-calories-look-like.htm
i havent even looked at peanut butter since.
the annoying think about counting calories is trying to work out the 'serving size'

i tend to just look at calories/kilojoules, sugar and fat content. then you get fed up trying to work it out and just eat celery!! haha
oi meli, that was my thread thanks :uhhuh: lol

i dont care THAT much about the number on the scale, but i do definitely want to get more toned and just fit in general. i'm really glad that i'm back at work now, so i've got something to get me STARTED at least walking around a bit more than i have been in the past. i'm really tempted to start walking to the other train station on the way to/from work (an extra 5-10 min walk), but i really dont like how boring the walk is (i have a real thing about monotinous walks, particularly this one).

i tried doing crunches at the end of last year, but i kept feeling like i wasnt doing them properly, and as a result havent done many since.

i REALLY need to get myself into a routine of sorts, but have no idea where to start (other than more walking). i cant run because i dont have enough stamina (will build up eventually, i know). bike's ok, but as with walking (except for to/from work), i'm more likely to get bored quickly if i'm by myself...and i dont really feel like going with mum, and currently dont have any mates to go with (will soon, but will get harder when school/tafe/uni goes back next month)

Orange Juice

so worthless i am
HSC
Re: to lose the weighttt

you dont need to avoid bad food, just exercise. it doesnt matter what food you eat, youll still put on weight if you eat excessively.

if you just workout, and the amount of energy burnt is greater than energy taken in, youll lose weight. so hypothetically, if you eat 10kg worth of food, you can still lose weight, holding on to the assumption that you do a heck of a lot of exercise.

Legham

HSC

^So, get an exercise bike, sit it in front of your computer or tv and listen to music up real loud, or watch a movie :) That's what i do nearly everyday for at least 40 minutes and i never get bored..

BlackDragon

HSC

mitsui said:
you need to raise your heart rate into the aerobic threshold for at least 30 mins to do anything really. so basically, you have to be really going at it for at least half an hour, but an hour if you want to do anything decent.
what you could do is, run as far as you can in 30 mins and then turn around and run back. then you can judge how well you are doing by the distance you get. or whatever :)

i don't run, i usually bike ride and i can do that for up to 5 hours at a time. (mountain biking).

Last edited:

lengy

HSC

I'm not an endurance person. I'm a sprinter type person. What happens if you don't have much stamina?

BlackDragon

HSC

lengy said:
I'm not an endurance person. I'm a sprinter type person. What happens if you don't have much stamina?
nobody ever has stamina at first. but that's cause you're probably unfit. or you have the wrong type of fitness.
you've gotta just push it the first few times and you'll gradually develop good stamina. or just do something fun so that you'll want to push yourself.

if you just do sprints then you may, to a certain extent, raise your anaerobic (fitness over short distances) fitness. but if you just go sprinting for 10 - 15 minutes as HARD as you can every day, you'll improve a bit but in the end it will do absolutely nothing - and when you try to run in a race or something you'll be just as crud as you've ever been.

you have to raise your heart rate into the aerobic threshold for 30 min (at least) if you want to become fitter and healthier. although any excercise (you know like walking for 30 min a day) is way better than none. but if you want to make a real difference, you'll have put in some effort. - Even sprinters run a long way to get fit.

Wikipedia on Aerobic Threshold

Wikipedia on Anaerobic Threshold

but i don't think people should go out there and push themselves in a run for an hour everyday or so. Because that is boring as hell. Just play sports with mates with a decent level of intensity or in comps or go mountain biking or something fun like that all the time and if you continue to do that for numerous months you'll be leaner and fitter than you've ever been.

Last edited:
HSC
N/A

BlackDragon said:
if you just do sprints then you may, to a certain extent, raise your anaerobic (fitness over short distances) fitness. but if you just go sprinting for 10 - 15 minutes as HARD as you can every day, you'll improve a bit but in the end it will do absolutely nothing - and when you try to run in a race or something you'll be just as crud as you've ever been.
I know that's what pdhpe textbooks say, but it doesn't actually pertain to real life. What about dancers, who may only dance up to 2-3mins at a time? Or 100m sprinters? Both can be incredibly fit and have the ability to run long distances, without relying on "long runs" to keep themselves fit.

lengy - you sound like me.

I'm more into "burst energy" (anaebolic? can't really remember yr 11 pdhpe), and whilst my stamina sucks now because I've moved into lower-intensity stuff, it used to be great several years back when I was really a few high-intensity dance forms (irish). Granted we never danced more than a few mins at a time, but you're never really 'fresh' after the first few times so if you continue doing it over a long period of time (an hour or so, several times a week) you can in fact improve your stamina... whilst I NEVER did running or swimming, I got into Zone cross country a few times...

BlackDragon

HSC

glitterfairy said:
I know that's what pdhpe textbooks say, but it doesn't actually pertain to real life. What about dancers, who may only dance up to 2-3mins at a time? Or 100m sprinters? Both can be incredibly fit and have the ability to run long distances, without relying on "long runs" to keep themselves fit.
are you kidding? your post doesn't even make any sense. do you know how much running sprinters put into their legs to be able to run fast over short distances? they do so much interval training, and longer/middle distance training it is not funny. and dancers only dance up to 2-3 min a time in the actual performance, but they don't get fit from just doing performances..it is the weeks/months on aerobic excercise before the event that enables them to perform at a high intensity for a short period of time..
i never did pdhpe and yes it does pertain to real life.

Last edited:
HSC
N/A

lol.

Ok, so maybe I'm a little off about 100m sprinters (although I do think a lot of their training revolves around 100m... perhaps not exclusively, but mainly).

But you are hella off about the "weeks and months" before performances for dancers :p . What do you think we do in class, just put on the music and dance non-stop? lol...

not only do I still dance, but I also teach, and I rarely see anyone do a combo or routine for more than 5 minutes. A combo rep is normally done in under a minute, then they run to the back of the room and wait for everyone else to finish. A run of the routine normally goes for up to 4 minutes, maybe 5 if it's a really long senior competition piece. All my kids were done in under 3 minutes this year.

Skeeta

HSC

oh mang

my b/fs mum owns a dance studio and has been bugging me to take a class since we have been going out (like.. 5 years now)

I have always declined because i didnt really want to embarras myself in front of her because i cannot run for 20mins straight.

BUT IF ITS SHORT BURSTS

*thinks*

BlackDragon

HSC

glitterfairy said:
lol.

Ok, so maybe I'm a little off about 100m sprinters (although I do think a lot of their training revolves around 100m... perhaps not exclusively, but mainly).

But you are hella off about the "weeks and months" before performances for dancers :p . What do you think we do in class, just put on the music and dance non-stop? lol...

not only do I still dance, but I also teach, and I rarely see anyone do a combo or routine for more than 5 minutes. A combo rep is normally done in under a minute, then they run to the back of the room and wait for everyone else to finish. A run of the routine normally goes for up to 4 minutes, maybe 5 if it's a really long senior competition piece. All my kids were done in under 3 minutes this year.
lol i thought you were talking about professional ballet dancers or something.
but i spose for not professional dancers its more about muscle tone than anything else. because as you say, you only need to sustain you're moderate/high work effort for 3 - 5 minutes.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)