Lost motivation after HSC.... (1 Viewer)

stgeorge2

HSC
I have absolutely 0 motivation in my current studies, what should I do...I can easily get bored, and uni is so fucking different, never had that 'good' student feel again since I arrived to uni, and don't feel I am taking the right path, but cant find a course that seems interesting to me. I am bored of studies, what is your student life like?:uhoh::uhoh::uhoh::uhoh::uhoh:

Amleops

Perpetual Student
HSC
You've only been at uni for 11 weeks. Give it time.

If you continue to get bored from studying then perhaps your degree is not for you.

passionxmusic

HSC
N/A
Four years of studies... really tired but I find ways to push pass the hurdles. But I like the units I do... and I have friends in all the units I do (some may find this distracting but I actually find it as motivation booster).

It's normal to still not know what path you want to take. Heck the Masters I applied for are all random...

But there are councellors, advisors and mentors to talk to should you need them. Join some clubs and societies... you need some leisure time whilst studying. Maybe you are overworking yourself or doubting the situation you are in? All the best anyhow ~ :)

xbonk12

HSC
Miserable, not because of course but workload. I'm first year doing bach computer science and technology and thought uni would be like high school so pretty much didn't do studying in first couple of weeks and now I'm paying the price.

I too am bored of studies, like I just can't muster the energy to sit down and study espec since I'm like 3 weeks behind on some classes fml. Anyway, your situation is similar to my cousins, most of them have transferred more than once or twice and have finally settled into their course. It's a normal thing for most people especially starting uni, but just keep persisting to see if it gets better otherwise look else where that suits your interest.

Andrew759

HSC
I think alot of people feel this way. I did for a while, pretty much because I had felt the HSC was over and I was already at uni, so why bother with effort? Luckily, that feeling has passed.

I didnt get motivated until I failed one of my units.

bangladesh

HSC
If HSC is the peak of your life youre a sad puppy
As a highschool student, you are told about the hsc for a good 8-10 years of your life and they make it seem like it's a huge deal which isn't true but it's been what you were looking forward to so it probably is the peak of your life SO FAR as a first year student. so yea, your statement is invalid

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
I totally empathise with your problem-this is a part of the difficult transition from high school to uni-but you must start to compare yourself with only yourself and focus on feeling good just because you have made improvements rather than desire other people's praise or recognition-remember seek for intrinsic motivation always:) Best wishes-and good luck to your end of semester exams-Do more of what you love and make sure you form strong friendships in uni to make your studies less tedious and more interesting:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)