Lost - What's your theory? (1 Viewer)

shady_03

Sue me....
HSC
There are alot of theories goin around as to why they are on the album.. wats urs?

I heard a really interesting one - that all the people are actually already dead and are in limbo, not having gone 2 heaven yet. And the only way they can get 2 heaven is if they exercise their demons, and fears (represented by the creature).. thats y they all have their own stories and fears, problems etc... sounds pretty kewl 2 me :)

Atticus.

how do i get out of this
HSC
they are in the bermuda triangle and whenever they get angry or emotional it gets manifested in the form of that animal whatever it is
the numbers are the co ordinates of the centre of the island where the evil or whatever is emanating from
thats my theory

shady_03

Sue me....
HSC
AtticusFinch said:
they are in the bermuda triangle and whenever they get angry or emotional it gets manifested in the form of that animal whatever it is
the numbers are the co ordinates of the centre of the island where the evil or whatever is emanating from
thats my theory
yeah i thort the creature (a polar bear) was a representation of their emotional state, like wen the little boy got angry his dad threw his comic in the fire, he got pissed and the creature came. The whole thing with the crazy french chik is a bit sketchy tho...

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
My theory is that they're not really lost, they just don't know where they are.

Monkey Butler

Pray For Mojo
HSC
Big spoilers for the rest of the season:
The producers have said that they're definitely not dead, and that they came to the island for a reason. The Numbers are actually co-ordinates for an island in the middle of the South Pacific, but I think that's a red herring, I'm sure the have some other significance too.
Walt has some sort of weird powers, it's him that conjures up the polar bears. The monster is a "security system" for the island, basically ensuring that it's purpose isn't betrayed.
So what's the purpose of the island? I reckon it's a sort of gathering place for lost souls, a proving ground. Those that redeem themselves leave the island (I wouldn't be surprised to see Boone alive and well and in LA in some future episode), and those that don't are forced to stay. Simple as that. The Others are probably the descendants of the Black Rock survivors, as well as other people that have come to the island and not given up their ways. How they knew about Walt I'm not sure.

EDIT: non-spoilers for Shady:
They're definitely not dead. The creators have said so. I reckon the people have been "chosen" by the island because they're all in need of redemption.

Last edited:

shady_03

Sue me....
HSC
^^^^^ lol im sooooo tempted 2 read it... but i wont

Monkey Butler

Pray For Mojo
HSC
DanielleM said:
and inside the big thing with the code is aliens, a bit like the x flies l reckon
Oh yeah, I hadn't thought about the Hatch. From the finale, I reckon it's more metaphoric than anything. Locke mentions Pandora's Box, and I think that might be pretty close to right.

Monkey Butler

Pray For Mojo
HSC
Umm, Numbers was on on Thursday, so there's 6-8 episodes left, depending on whether they split up the second part of the finale and whether they show that retarded "special" (they're showing the Desperate Housewives one, so I guess they'll show the Lost one too). And shit, I didn't realise that Deus ex Machina is next week. Fucken awesome episode!

Last edited:

Monkey Butler

Pray For Mojo
HSC
Download it, or get your friends to if you can't. It's much better that way.

shady_03

Sue me....
HSC
Monkey Butler said:
Umm, Numbers was on on Thursday, so there's 6-8 episodes left, depending on whether they split up the second part of the finale and whether they show that retarded "special" (they're showing the Desperate Housewives one, so I guess they'll show the Lost one too). And shit, I didn't realise that Deus ex Machina is next week. Fucken awesome episode!
thanx for the info man, id rep u but i gotta spread it around..... newayz ur nikname fukin rox

goan_crazy

Hates the waiting game...
HSC
i think they are all dead already and the island is "purgatory"

DanielleM

HSC
l dun understand why the person lit the raft on fire? wouldnt they too wanna get off the island?
and l think the big guy because of his bad luck caused the accident

goan_crazy

Hates the waiting game...
HSC
DanielleM said:
l dun understand why the person lit the raft on fire? wouldnt they too wanna get off the island?
and l think the big guy because of his bad luck caused the accident
That black guy's son lit it on fire coz he didnt wanna leave the island.

Monkey Butler

Pray For Mojo
HSC
DanielleM said:
Funny you should say that actually...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)