Lost - What's your theory? (1 Viewer)

Annegelic

Taper jean girl
HSC
Monkey Butler said:
Big spoilers for the rest of the season:
The producers have said that they're definitely not dead, and that they came to the island for a reason. The Numbers are actually co-ordinates for an island in the middle of the South Pacific, but I think that's a red herring, I'm sure the have some other significance too.
Walt has some sort of weird powers, it's him that conjures up the polar bears. The monster is a "security system" for the island, basically ensuring that it's purpose isn't betrayed.
So what's the purpose of the island? I reckon it's a sort of gathering place for lost souls, a proving ground. Those that redeem themselves leave the island (I wouldn't be surprised to see Boone alive and well and in LA in some future episode), and those that don't are forced to stay. Simple as that. The Others are probably the descendants of the Black Rock survivors, as well as other people that have come to the island and not given up their ways. How they knew about Walt I'm not sure.
so is that just your lost theory which may or may not be true, or is that what the actual story is ?

shady_03

Sue me....
HSC
Argonaut said:
I think whatever it is that's terrorising them (I haven't watched it for a while, but I can keep up with it) is some sort of manifestation of their guilt.
Yeah, the creature was a polar bear... pretty weird since their on the middle of an island...

It seems that it comes in heightened states of emotions, like wen the little boy was angry at his dad. Maybe its like "identity" and they are all personalities in 1 persons mind.... even tho that would prolly wreck the story...

Newayz, how hot is shannon? lol

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
My theory is that Yoon-jin Kim isn't pretty enough to make the show worth watching.

shady_03

Sue me....
HSC
nah i think theyve got the whole storyline worked out - it would be 2 complicated 2 make up on the spot coz then they mite accidentally give it away. All the episodes are like planned realy well i think

RingerINC

BBoy OG Loc Gangsta
HSC
Ive seen up to ep 25 and the show gets pretty mad towards the last few episodes of the series.

I got a few ideas floating around in my head about what might be possible. I think all the people were brought to the island for a particular reason, walt and his dad to get to know each other, the criminal chick to get away from her past, hurley to find out about the numbers, etc.

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
if it's going to be something supernatural (i.e. aliens... and stuff), i'm going to smash my tv.

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
Monkey Butler said:
Big spoilers for the rest of the season:
The producers have said that they're definitely not dead, and that they came to the island for a reason. The Numbers are actually co-ordinates for an island in the middle of the South Pacific, but I think that's a red herring, I'm sure the have some other significance too.
Walt has some sort of weird powers, it's him that conjures up the polar bears. The monster is a "security system" for the island, basically ensuring that it's purpose isn't betrayed.
So what's the purpose of the island? I reckon it's a sort of gathering place for lost souls, a proving ground. Those that redeem themselves leave the island (I wouldn't be surprised to see Boone alive and well and in LA in some future episode), and those that don't are forced to stay. Simple as that. The Others are probably the descendants of the Black Rock survivors, as well as other people that have come to the island and not given up their ways. How they knew about Walt I'm not sure.

EDIT: non-spoilers for Shady:
They're definitely not dead. The creators have said so. I reckon the people have been "chosen" by the island because they're all in need of redemption.
if you just plug the number in to longetude and latitude you get a empty body of water in the pacific (closest place is micronesia i think) however i remember if you add a 0 at the end somewhere(i forgot) you actually find central africa... think drug smugglers, slave transport... coincidence?

sawyer was reading Watership Down in the earlier episodes, clearly a reference alluding to the situation. What is intersting however is that in "Numbers" he was reading a Wrinkle in Time, think it might be a hint to what the writers have in mind?

i dunno if this is a spoiler or not (since the producers have stated this several times... dont read on if you dont want to know): no dinosaur; monster not a psychological manifestation; no purgatory; and they are not dead.

Monkey Butler

Pray For Mojo
HSC
Annegelic said:
so is that just your lost theory which may or may not be true, or is that what the actual story is ?
Both. By the end of this season you get a couple of answers, and the producers have said a couple of things about what's NOT going on (what Constipated said), but there's still a LOT of questions unanswered, and alot of hints as to what's to come, for example:
The name of Claire's baby is significant I reckon, as are most of the names:
Jack: Derived from John.
John: God is merciful (Hebrew)
Johnathan: Gift of God (Hebrew)
Kate: Pure/Virginal (Celtic/Gaelic)
Catherine: Pure (Greek)
Charles: Manly, strong (Old English)
Sawyer: Woodsman (Middle English) (although his name is probably derived from the Mark Twain character)
Boone: Good (French, Latin)
Shannon: Wise one, river name (Irish)
Claire: Bright, Shining, Clear (Latin, Greek)
Sun: Goodness (Korean)
Jin: Gold, Truth, Treasure, Pearl (Korean)
Micheal: Who is like God (Hebrew)
Walter: Powerful Warrior, Rule Army (Old German)
Walton: Dweller by the wall (Old English)
Vincent: Conquering (Latin)
Ethan: Strong, Firm, Constant (although Ethan Rom is an anagram of Other Man)
Lesley: Grey Fortress (Celtic/Gaelic) (although Lesley is counted as a female name, I'm not sure how you spell it for males)
Scott: From Scotland (Old English)
Steven: Crowned One (Greek)
Hugo: From the name Hugh (German)
Hugh: Bright in mind and Spirit (Old English)
Tom: A Twin (Greek)
Alex: Protector/defender of Mankind
Aaron:shining light, high mountain, messenger

Sphyx

Asphyxiated
HSC
Monkey Butler said:
Both. By the end of this season you get a couple of answers, and the producers have said a couple of things about what's NOT going on (what Constipated said), but there's still a LOT of questions unanswered, and alot of hints as to what's to come, for example:
The name of Claire's baby is significant I reckon, as are most of the names:
Jack: Derived from John.
John: God is merciful (Hebrew)
Johnathan: Gift of God (Hebrew)
Kate: Pure/Virginal (Celtic/Gaelic)
Catherine: Pure (Greek)
Charles: Manly, strong (Old English)
Sawyer: Woodsman (Middle English) (although his name is probably derived from the Mark Twain character)
Boone: Good (French, Latin)
Shannon: Wise one, river name (Irish)
Claire: Bright, Shining, Clear (Latin, Greek)
Sun: Goodness (Korean)
Jin: Gold, Truth, Treasure, Pearl (Korean)
Micheal: Who is like God (Hebrew)
Walter: Powerful Warrior, Rule Army (Old German)
Walton: Dweller by the wall (Old English)
Vincent: Conquering (Latin)
Ethan: Strong, Firm, Constant (although Ethan Rom is an anagram of Other Man)
Lesley: Grey Fortress (Celtic/Gaelic) (although Lesley is counted as a female name, I'm not sure how you spell it for males)
Scott: From Scotland (Old English)
Steven: Crowned One (Greek)
Hugo: From the name Hugh (German)
Hugh: Bright in mind and Spirit (Old English)
Tom: A Twin (Greek)
Alex: Protector/defender of Mankind
Aaron:shining light, high mountain, messenger

erm, most people have names that signify something good or noble. i dont know that many names around that mean "plague" or "unworthy" or something that has a negative meaning.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)