love actually (1 Viewer)

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
I rented yesterday, but I want it for my birthday. It made me cry, I love that movie so much!

sugaryblue

Living on deficit
HSC
Originally posted by Loz#1
I rented yesterday, but I want it for my birthday. It made me cry, I love that movie so much!
I so agree with you!! argh, NO movies have made me cried before, not even 'Leo' and 'Kate'.

Which part did it make you cry?

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
The part where Karen finds out Harry bought the necklace for someone else and she goes into her room plays Joni Mitchell and starts to cry.

And the part with Keira Knightley and Andrew Lincoln when she realizes the videotape he made was all of her.

Heaps more too, how about you?

ujuphleg

oo-joo-fleg
HSC
you should, its soooo good, seriously.

i love the beginning monologue about how, when you think there is nothing true in the world, go to an airport and see people arriving and the smiles and hugs and kisses and you realise that there is still lots of love in the world.... i think it really resonates for our generation.

everything about the movie is really good. if you have any knowledge of the UK and some of the slang and stuff it becomes even funnier. i thoroughly recommend it! :)

olay

HSC
heahea my fave line: Girls love musicians, don't they? Even the really weird ones get girlfriends. :D :D :D

The part where Karen finds out Harry bought the necklace for someone else and she goes into her room plays Joni Mitchell and starts to cry.

And the part with Keira Knightley and Andrew Lincoln when she realizes the videotape he made was all of her.

ditto. :( well i didnt cry, but those parts i found were the most touching.

oh and i love how aurelia and jamie just 'got' eachother, despite the language barrier.

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
I loved Jamie, mainly because I love Colin Firth :D

And I have a Hugh Grant soft spot as well, the PM storyline was cool.

Josie

Everything's perfect!
HSC
Is it a romantic comedy with a thread of intelligence/real wit? I don't like most romantic comedies, but I have heard this one is good, and I want to get it out.

olay

HSC
^^^ well if its any consolation, i'm not a romcom fan either, but i quite enjoyed love actually. i wouldn't say intelligence/real wit, its just pleasant and a fairly realistic potrayal of relationships. and whats more, its a nice relief from the cynical dark depressing films that are constantly released these days. [and hey, i'm a fan of the dark depressing film, but dammit, its getting out of hand here].

sugaryblue

Living on deficit
HSC

All the scenes between Jamie (Colin Firth) and Aurelia after they've gone back up from the lake. Basically from 'It was my favourite time of the day, driving you.' and 'It's my saddest time of the day, leaving you'. ~sobz~ and The part that got me the most was when she kissed him goodbye on the bridge.

And also in the end, or somewhere near there, by the time it finished, I was bursting in tears. Not like, 'oh it's such a lovey-dovey ending and I am so touched', but merely because of some personal issues that's related to the film, I guess. The whole airport part got to me. :(

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
You're avatar rocks! I love Bridget Jones' Diary :D

Any scenes with Jamie rocked and Hugh Grant because I've become a total sucker for him.

sugaryblue

Living on deficit
HSC
You're avatar rocks! I love Bridget Jones' Diary :D

Any scenes with Jamie rocked and Hugh Grant because I've become a total sucker for him.
hehe thanks :)

Have been in love with him for a while ;)

he's got such amazing features. like one of those, quiet but noticeable character. :)

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
Yeah, I've liked him for yonks as well. I actually sat through that ridiculous movie with Amanda Bynes, "What A Girl Wants" just for him.

sugaryblue

Living on deficit
HSC
Yeah, I've liked him for yonks as well. I actually sat through that ridiculous movie with Amanda Bynes, "What A Girl Wants" just for him.
LOL really? Is that a bad movie? Never seen it though.

umm... I can't remember his first movie that I've watched.
I think I've first heard about him in Pride and Prejudice. hey, is that him in Emma, too? that must be the first movie I think.

I watched it for English Advanced (talk about laziness of not reading the book! ;) ) All the time in my mind, Mr Knightly = Colin Firth
hehe

But man, he's sooooooo charming.

super katie

BEHOLD!
HSC
I know Colin Firth is fantastic in everything he does, and this movie was no exception, but you really cant beat his performance in Pride and Prejudice. What a cutie! I saw Love Actually with my mum and the two actors doing the sex scenes just completely cracked us up which was a completely unexpected reaction from my mum. I thought they were just the cutest couple, although Colin Firth and the portuguese girl were pretty sweet as well.

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
I didn't know Colin Firth starred in The English Patient? Has anyone seen this? Who does he play?

Haha, the sex scene people were great. And I felt so sorry for Laura Linney's Sarah and Karl. Her brother was so sad :(

Silverstone

Obey, The Law.
HSC
Awards Suprise SNUBS...

Barely any Love, Actually at the BAFTA's.

Shocking "No Nomination" at the Screen Actors Guild awards, for Best Ensemble in a Motion Picture.

Shocking no Oscar nomination - Screenplay (ORIGINAL)

Film was satisfactory, but lovely to watch.

7/10.

Standout Performances:

Keira Knightly
Bill Nighy (Winner of Los Angeles Film Critics Award - im pretty sure, if my memory has served me correct. And He won the BAFTA for Supporting Actor in a motion picture).
Emma Thompson (Hilarious!)

victor..cleaner

cleaner
HSC
Originally posted by Nate Berkus
Awards Suprise SNUBS...

Barely any Love, Actually at the BAFTA's.

Shocking "No Nomination" at the Screen Actors Guild awards, for Best Ensemble in a Motion Picture.

Shocking no Oscar nomination - Screenplay (ORIGINAL)

Film was satisfactory, but lovely to watch.

7/10.

Standout Performances:

Keira Knightly
Bill Nighy (Winner of Los Angeles Film Critics Award - im pretty sure, if my memory has served me correct. And He won the BAFTA for Supporting Actor in a motion picture).
Emma Thompson (Hilarious!)
nate...it's funny because you are remind me of that turd i left in a public toilet once....it was also lonely had no purpose...like you and your contributions

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Originally posted by sugaryblue
I never knew romantic comedy can you cry so much- argh, the Colin Firth storyline and the end of the movie did anyway.
yes that was a fantasitc storyline. i expected hugh grant to be at the end and for it to be corny, but that was great

teh winnar!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11!!!!!!!
Originally posted by truly-in-bliss
is the movie that good? i ahve heard a lot of hype abt it...... dunno if i should rent it .. :p
IT'S PRETTY MUCH 5 MOVEIS IN ONE (ONE OF THEM IS A 'MY GIRL' RIP OFF... OH YAY LETS RELIVE MACAULY CULKIN MEMORIES MAKE IT STOP JESUS THE PAIN

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)