Loving the BoS? (1 Viewer)

Lordie

HSC
The texts I've studies have all had lovely questions. BR/BNW simply asked for the relationship with nature to be shown, then you just had to tie in the contexts, and it was sweet.

Module B(Yeats poetry) was simple. Just show how his poetic techniques create 'memorable moments', or something along those lines. Just had to analyse two poems, and show how techniques in them reveal 'textual integrity'. :D

Module C(Fiftieth Gate) was so nice. The question just structured itself about my thesis - history and memory both needed to gain a full understanding of events, and can't stand alone as the sole reasoning of events.

Top this off with the ease of Friday's exam..O..M..G. I'm thanking the BoS for making it nice for me this year! :p

Hatta

HSC
Agreed, such an easy paper, I was shocked. I re-wrote my last BR/BNW essay for module a, changing words around a bit.

When I realized how simple they'd made Yeats, I went :jaw:

Also, the other people in my English class didn't even realize they had to talk about context. Excellent.

Lordie

HSC
Hatta said:
Agreed, such an easy paper, I was shocked. I re-wrote my last BR/BNW essay for module a, changing words around a bit.

When I realized how simple they'd made Yeats, I went :jaw:

Also, the other people in my English class didn't even realize they had to talk about context. Excellent.
My mouth dropped just as much too. :p I left Yeats to last though, and I swear I mentioned textual integrity about 5 times, so I did that right!! :p I thought I wouldn't have enough time, so I analysed When You Are Old line by line, describing my perspective on it, and how his 'poetic techniques' showed this. Then I spoke about the structure of the stanza's, and said that this was another of his 'poetic techniques'. Then I spoke about The Second Coming, as I think there are a lot of 'Poetic Techniques' in there...and didn't have enough time to start on the Byzantium poems. :p So hopefully they like my analysis of the poems...but I would have like to have used a better one then WYAO. Ah well, heh. (Spent like 3 pages analysisn it, would never of thought you could get thawt much out of 12 lines!!, lol)

Which poems did everyone else use for Yeats?

henry08

HSC
N/A
Hatta said:
Aargh that is bad for you, not good.

annacogs

HSC
really accessible questions, still blanked out a little but it should be okay. thank god they didn't specify for speeches.

sparkerasp

HSC
Lordie said:
The texts I've studies have all had lovely questions. BR/BNW simply asked for the relationship with nature to be shown, then you just had to tie in the contexts, and it was sweet.

Module B(Yeats poetry) was simple. Just show how his poetic techniques create 'memorable moments', or something along those lines. Just had to analyse two poems, and show how techniques in them reveal 'textual integrity'. :D

Top this off with the ease of Friday's exam..O..M..G. I'm thanking the BoS for making it nice for me this year! :p
I didn't really like the Yeats question, but the BNW/BR question was pretty good, but I prefer last years question on both, it fitted my response better.

ondroo

*Sigh*
HSC
Sooo happpyy. ALL ESSAYS! :D

AND the questions i did were easy. EVEN KING LEAR :O :O

Any pplz that did King Lear, what dramatic techniques did you use? I used irony, soliloquies and tragedy structure with related themes.

j-3-s-5

HSC
I agree, both english exams have had relatively basic questions :)

Also we didn't have to write in any other form except an essay. Was stocked about that!

Now they just gotta be nice with their marking :p

lucy-may

HSC
I was fully expecting a feature article, a speech, maybe even a transcipt thrown in as well to really mess us up. 3 Essays??? Far out! I've being paying out the unfairness of BOS all year...their kindness astounds me :)

henry08

HSC
N/A
lucy-may said:
I was fully expecting a feature article, a speech, maybe even a transcipt thrown in as well to really mess us up. 3 Essays??? Far out! I've being paying out the unfairness of BOS all year...their kindness astounds me :)
Same.

Kiim2507

HSC
ondroo said:
Sooo happpyy. ALL ESSAYS! :D

AND the questions i did were easy. EVEN KING LEAR :O :O

Any pplz that did King Lear, what dramatic techniques did you use? I used irony, soliloquies and tragedy structure with related themes.
I did irony, soliloquy, symbolism and juxtapositioning

The questions were brilliant this year
Loved the Frontline one too

Kiim2507

HSC
lucy-may said:
Same I was definitely expecting a creative type one
Thanks BoS :D

kooltrainer

HSC
why were u all thinking of feature article... it was all essays last year n the year b4

u-borat

Banned
HSC
bos are fags.

i wanted a hard exam, i was ready for a hard exam, but no.
after i opened the booklet i actually laughed inside.

o0-Prodigy-0o

HSC
u-borat said:
bos are fags.

i wanted a hard exam, i was ready for a hard exam, but no.
after i opened the booklet i actually laughed inside.
hah must be cheering then :D

i liked the exam BOS could finally do something right for a change :)

Lordie

HSC
o0-Prodigy-0o said:
hah must be cheering then :D

i liked the exam BOS could finally do something right for a change :)
Indeed. I'm not relgious or anything, but I think we had some good karma, heh. We could have been thrown an evil paper. So so lucky. Just means people will probably do better, meaning it could be evil scaling. :p That'd be a cruel irony. Easy exams, but we all scale down to marks that make us cry!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)