Loving the BoS? (1 Viewer)

Hatta

HSC
Lordie said:
Just means people will probably do better, meaning it could be evil scaling. :p That'd be a cruel irony. Easy exams, but we all scale down to marks that make us cry!
The people from my school at least did horribly. Now if only half the state were as uncommitted, the rest of us will be fine!
*facepalm*

Lordie

HSC
Hatta said:
The people from my school at least did horribly. Now if only half the state were as uncommitted, the rest of us will be fine!
*facepalm*
Sweet dude! Heh. Well, there would be A LOT of uncommitted people out there I'm sure. Just depends how many. I think most, well at least the top half or so of the Advanced kids at my school loved the paper. I guess that's good for scaling marks UP. *Crosses fingers*

But, I hope you get the awesome marks too...considering we both did the exact same texts...saweet! Heh. I think we were lucky with the texts we had. I'd never think I'd actually thank my English teacher. Wow. *Slaps self*

Hatta

HSC
Lordie said:
Sweet dude! Heh. Well, there would be A LOT of uncommitted people out there I'm sure.
I'm talking uncommitted to the point of not reading the texts.

But, I hope you get the awesome marks too...
I need a reason to bitch-slap them all anyway.

I think we were lucky with the texts we had. I'd never think I'd actually thank my English teacher. Wow. *Slaps self*
Haha, yeah, last time I saw my teacher I thanked him for picking the interesting ones, they're a lot easier to argue about.

stressed14

HSC
yehh easy for all of you with yeats... try applying wuthering heights to the same question...poetic techniques r easy.. attempt applying that to an 18thC novel!

Hatta

HSC
Lordie said:
Ah god I hope so...
Also, the few that read/watched them only did so once. And I suspect Schindler's List was related material for most of them (and probably most of the state).

I sound mean, but I had to laugh. One of the girls in my class just read from the Excel textbook (the big general one for all the advanced English ones). I found one in an op shop and read through it, I had to correct half of the damnable thing. I hope she didn't call Henry Foster "Harry" (not kidding, the textbook calls him that).

Last edited:

Hatta

HSC
Kiim2507 said:
Haha I haven't read Brave New World or King Lear and I still managed to right a 6 page essay on them
No offense to you, but I fucking hate this sort of thing. I read the texts at least five times each, and did so many extra essays that I know the woman at the newsagent better than my friends. I've done a crapload of extra research.

And then people like you come along and cruise through, getting decent marks without reading the texts. It makes me wonder why the hell they even bother having English anymore.

Kiim2507

HSC
Hatta said:
No offense to you, but I fucking hate this sort of thing. I read the texts at least five times each, and did so many extra essays that I know the woman at the newsagent better than my friends. I've done a crapload of extra research.

And then people like you come along and cruise through, getting decent marks without reading the texts. It makes me wonder why the hell they even bother having English anymore.
Lol pretty much
But at the end of the day you'll get a way better mark then me so I guess it's fair.

shazarna

HSC
Hatta said:

agreed- i spend all year trying to figure out the bloody texts and write a half decent essay on them when there's people out there that just shit it in by crapping on for two writing booklets and they havent even read the texts or watched the films. :mad1:
it's about time the BOS reviewed their entire curriculum i think...

Hatta

HSC
Kiim2507 said:
Lol pretty much
But at the end of the day you'll get a way better mark then me so I guess it's fair.
Haha. Nope. I don't handle exam conditions well, which tends to lose me massive amounts of marks.

Muchi

HSC
Beautiful paper altogether. Board of Studies, god I love you!

I should've mentioned textual integrity. Oops. My bad. LOL. Ah, well. Big deal.

God, Module C was practically a gift for us History and Memory geeks! And as for Module A - maybe a little more about context... but other than that I'm fine!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)