lowest UAI (1 Viewer)

uhmm ok these r the subjects i did
chem, bio, business, std english, general maths... averaging bout... 70's.... never passed a chem exam except for the last one...
got a uai of 67.8... hehe and now im in UNI... hehe coolness

azn_tiger

HSC
rantman said:
so wat if some ppl at some schools got 30 uai of below
at my skool, the skool average was below 30 uai
i went to a school in sydney south west, near cabramatta
u mean bonnyrigg high school?

100percent

HSC
yeh i know, the person the came 1st this yr only got 97 uia, wasn't good enough to drag the rest of the school up. it was like the gravitation attraction between an ant and earth

Last edited:

bluesky100

Carly :-)
HSC
I ended up with an ENTER (same as a UAI) in the 50's back in 03.

Not that I care now - I completed a diploma last yr (an alternative entry scheme) and some how managed to pull off marks good enough to be accepted into a degree this year.

sladehk

le random
HSC
is getting a good ENTER harder than good UAI?

bluesky100

Carly :-)
HSC
I don't think so.
Some have told me the VCE is easier than the HSC. I can't remember why, I don't our marks are scaled down as much + our exams don't count as much towards the final grade. :confused:

sladehk

le random
HSC
isn't there also some other kind that is internationally recognised nad is scored out of 50 or soemthing?

sladehk

le random
HSC
depends where you live/ hang around

zhongie

HSC
IB is scored out of 45. And is damn hard. Lots of traditional learning type stuff.

Bunny04

VIVE LA FRANCE
Well for starters, Australia, NSW, Sydney- and fin
HSC
Oh yeah the Internation Bacaloriate is Crikey hard. they do that in select schools aroudn teh state, Like " Lycee Condorcet" the French school in maroubra, and SCEGGs (forget which campus) and 3 other schools... its really really tough, they have different subjects such as ' philosophy ' and Commerical Studies ,and "Theory of Knowledge " Subects, as well as High level English Maths... If for the 'Gifted' students, its putting the best, at the highest level they can get.

whoa these are the subjects they have to do

Language A - English including a study of World Literature (or the student's first language, if not English, in certain circumstances)
Language B - continuing study of a second modern language (French, German or Japanese) - or Language ab initio - a second language studied from the start (French, Japanese or Chinese)
Individuals & Societies - History, Geography, Economics, Psychology, Philosophy, Information Technology in a Global Society, Ecosystems and Societies (can cover both Groups 3 and 4)
Experimental Sciences - Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Ecosystems and Societies
Mathematics - Mathematics HL, Mathematical Methods, Mathematical Studies
Arts and electives - Art/Design, Music, Theatre Arts, Computer Science or a second choice from any of Groups 2, 3 or 4.

Last edited:

MouNtY

my average mark was 77, and my uai was low but just high enough to get me into uni.

LoneShadow

Uber Procrastinator
HSC
N/A
wow...nice averages but y so low the UAI?....dat's just gay u knu.....:(.......my average mark was 86.2

MouNtY

my uai i'm guessing really sucked because at the time of the hsc i was helping to take care of my mum who'd just had her leg amputated and my little bro who's like 2 who has like "mild" cerebral palsy...and i was awasy from school for a while and missed out on a lot of my exams..

Jait

HSC
N/A
Your school will have minimal effect on your UAI.

The only way the school will have an effect is if you perform average during the year and get an estimate that places you in the middle of the class and then your entire class does poorly. This way you may get a lower HSC mark which in turn affects your UAI. If you perform at the top or bottom of your year the HSC/UAI is going to be almost entirely free of any effect from your classmates.

If you were any better than your classmates you should have got an estimate higher than them and you wont be effected by their performance either.

The UAI does not consider which school you went to but how you compared to other students in that subject across the state. It also considers how all students in that subject fared in their other subjects. If everyone is getting a high mark in your subject and doing poorly in other subjects then your UAI is going to be lower than your HSC mark. Another consideration seems to be that some subjects are considered to be more compatible with Uni and get a higher ranking.

You may need to look closer to home to who caused you to get a poor UAI.

G

gigi_love

oh my

Im so stressed about getting my UAI i dont wana think about it.

CoFFee BreAk

HSC
So do I. I'm under HUGE pressure over here, knowing I never scored well in Maths and Physics. Well, my Physics scores may be assumed to be better than Maths, but there's only a small gap inbetween.

So I can say that my UAI is extremely, absitively positively 'at risk'...

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
Oh yeah the Internation Bacaloriate is Crikey hard. they do that in select schools aroudn teh state, Like " Lycee Condorcet" the French school in maroubra, and SCEGGs (forget which campus) and 3 other schools...
My school did it, it's not that hard (i may just be jealous), but everyone who did it recieved very very high marks. It's not guarenteed to be between 78-> 99.95, but if u get a mark bellow 78 you don't get an IB diploma. Most people had very little trouble getting above 78.

Theory of Knowledge
lmao that subject was a bludge according to all my friends that did it...

putting the best to their limits blah blah
It's more just a much more independant style of learning. I don't think you necessarily need to be the 'best', but I wish i would have done it over the hsc.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)