///M5 Fanatic?! (1 Viewer)

Jiga

as much as you have a right to post....its obvious that you dont know what youre talking about....try looking at the 0-100, 0-400m, and 80-120kmh times for the m5. the power output of the new HSV's wont be blowing this car away anytime soon, and besides, engineering a v10 to rev to 8250rpm, versus the genIV's redline of something pathetic like 5 or 6k, just shows how bmw engines shit on everything else.
Yeah the M5 does 0-100km/h in like 4.7 secs, its damn quick for such a large beast.... thats the only thing I really like about it, such a large intimidating car yet it can really go. But realistically you got that much cash, you get something alittle more sporty and 'exotic' which will turn heads.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Saw new silver M5 in Cherrybrook the other day.

Does anyone know if the M6 is much better than the M5 in performance?

petar13

Tanzkommandant
HSC
N/A
Same engine, same gearbox, same chassis. Perhaps the gearbox is programmed slightly differently. Lighter body (1710 vs 1755). Cooler wheels.

The difference would be slight (in favour of M6), due to chubbier 5-Series counterpart. Though there are rumours of installing a traditional manual gearbox (in the future) on the M6. That could impact on performance.

At the end of the day, cars that are so outlandishly expensive (also like the Diablo) are not necessarily bought from a performance standpoint, but to make a statement. A prosthetic penis, if you will.

veterandoggy

A Restless Member
Somewhere yonder where the sun never rises
HSC
i like the M5, but for its cost, i would rather buy a $100K Skyline GTR , spend a 'little' on it (at those prices, it does seem little) and bring it up to 1000BHP then use the rest of what i would have wasted on the M5 investing in a house :)

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
petar13 said:
Same engine, same gearbox, same chassis. Perhaps the gearbox is programmed slightly differently. Lighter body (1710 vs 1755). Cooler wheels.

The difference would be slight (in favour of M6), due to chubbier 5-Series counterpart. Though there are rumours of installing a traditional manual gearbox (in the future) on the M6. That could impact on performance.

At the end of the day, cars that are so outlandishly expensive (also like the Diablo) are not necessarily bought from a performance standpoint, but to make a statement. A prosthetic penis, if you will.
Whilst what you say might apply here (since performance cars are rarely put to good use), you can't necessarily apply that argument all over the world. Although in practicality, despite making a point, you feel somewhat concerned when everyone looks at your car when you stop at lights, and parking lots are a definite no no.

Back on topic with M5/M6, so the M6 should feel a little bit faster? On a sidenote, my uncle ordered an SMG back in M'sia, but delivery date is still uncertain for M'sia :( I can't wait to test drive it though...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)