Mac-Clubs and So Forth... (1 Viewer)

Luke!

Sexual Revolutionist
HSC
Alright, O-Week begins next week and I should really get into some extracurricular stuff... so has anyone found any clubs in or outside of uni that are worthwhile joining?

X

xeuyrawp

pLuvia said:
Can anyone tell me if the ACST club is worth joining :p
Do you really want to join a club that is really just uni?

I hear filmsoc's an excellent club.

Kegs

HSC
Yeah filmsoc is pretty good. Also Dramac and like other fun clubs you already think you would enjoy. eg. chess, if you play chess. Amnesty, if you already are involved in that sort of thing, or want to be in future etc

HSC
N/A
I think it's $5?

I want to join it this year :) Was also involved with Amnesty in high school, so might look at their stall as well...

If only there was only a club that helped fight against animal cruelty as well!

K.

HSC
glitterfairy said:
I think it's $5?

I want to join it this year :) Was also involved with Amnesty in high school, so might look at their stall as well...

If only there was only a club that helped fight against animal cruelty as well!

Start a PETA stall! I'd join. Though i'm not that into it; i still wear leather shoes and eat meat... I just don't like caged chickens/inhumane ways of killing them/mulesing/slaughter houses etc.

HSC
N/A
I'd actually be more interested to help animal shelters, or donate to any organisations that facilitate celldog programs (prison inmates rescuing death row dogs, training them up and then finding them new homes, and learning patience and compassion in the process), or even to those that rescue mistreated animals (like the Save the Bears foundation, who I've helped in the past).

PETA's good and all, but it's more about the 'avoid killing/avoid inhumane killing' rather than 'avoid intentionally or unintentionally mistreating' (which, thanks to Animal Planet, I'm now hugely interested in getting involved with :) )

Although I would NEVER wear fur, and I refuse to buy anything other than free-range eggs :)

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Join the 'Buy Mike a drink with you SAM cards' club. Membership is very easy, you buy Mike (me) a drink.

maskva

Maskva
HSC
what are the perks of joining the "buy mike a drink with your SAM card's club"?

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
I won't drug you on the way to surprise sex.

And a t-shirt.

K.

HSC
If you buy Mike a drink you get to leave smelling like pantene!!

maskva

Maskva
HSC
the best part of suprise sex is the drugging.
and pantene doesnt always smell that great..

i dont know.. i think im going to have to think about the joining fee - though cause im a lonely first year person/thing/studnet ill probably do it cause i have like no friends doing my course [ insert sad emoticon and collective "aww"ing here]

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
I saw a fair few doing App Fin LLB during enrolments, you should be fine :)

maskva

Maskva
HSC
how do you know im doing that?
I mean.. I am doing that.. but like..

Anyway, all the people doing that are like great at maths annnndddd I suck :)
I should be doing something like arts.. i love all that philosophy/history/politics stuff.. i cant believe im not doing arts..

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Haha, looked through your posts.

You shoudl transfer, it can be tedious at uni if you hate your degree.

maskva

Maskva
HSC
i like the theoretical stuff behind economics/finance type stuff, its just the maths i hate/suck at.

I'd look through your posts to see what youre doing.. but theres like.. over 12 thousand. It might be easier if i just ask: So what do you do at uni?

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
*points at signature*

If not: B Media (4th year)

Tabris

HSC
The only club/society that I found worthwhile is golden key society. Because its international and didnt get bumped by VSU, one-off payment for life and some international prestige with a decent certificate might give u the edge later.

U have to study hard and get the marks and D's to catch their eye, thats the catch

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)