• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Mac Comps. Are You A Victim? (1 Viewer)

chicky_pie

POTATO HEAD ROXON
HSC
alexvision said:
Mac's are great computers and work a lot better than PC's in almost every respect. They have almost every program that a PC does, with being more secure, simpler, longer lasting and better designed than 90% of computers on the market.

But they can't game for shit. So you dual boot.

But then again linux is even better again, just not developed enough for most end users, who only know how to press the power button, open a word document or IE and think firefox is an exotic creature. Which is where a Mac is perfect because of its simplicity

yeah coming out 1+ year later after the PC release version.

Captain Hero

Banned
HSC
N/A
The only reason CS4 isn't 64 bit is because Adobe dragged their feet thinking they could write it in 64 bit Carbon. GG legacy codebase.

HSC
withoutaface said:
Netbooks are a race to the bottom. Apple won't release one.
i bought one yesterday:)

MSI Wind Can not wait for it to come to my door in a couple of days :)

Captain Hero

Banned
HSC
N/A
want2bdifferent said:
i bought one yesterday:)

MSI Wind Can not wait for it to come to my door in a couple of days :)
Put OS X on it. How much did you pay for it?

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Just remember you'll need to change the wireless card to get wifi on OS X, which will probably (read: definately) void your warranty.

HSC
politik said:
Wow, this qualifies as the stupidest thing i've ever read - and I remember Andrew Quah.
ok?? here is the technique for hacking someones password if they use ubuntu... works everytime...

1. the first step is to reboot server.

2. Since the server i inherit has GRUB, wait until the grub splash screen comes on and hit the letter 'e' on your keyboard. this will stop grub.

3. hit 'e' again and this will take you to another screen

4. you should see one of the choices has "kernel" select the one with "kernel

5. hit 'e' on your keyboard

6. type ' single' (make sure to include a space before "single") and hit enter. then enter 'b' to boot.

7. your system should boot up in single mode as root

8. now that you are logged in single mode you can chage the root password by sending this command:
Code:passwd

9. after you have changed the root password, reboot server and you should be able to login with the new password.

i have run multiple OS's and this technique has worked with almost every linux etc...

Real Madrid

HSC
bawd said:
Shut up. You probably can't even afford a Mac. And hello, S***n.
Yo. I should post my "PC specs"

Intel Core 2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz, 4 Cores
4GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GT

thats the basics, chip alone cost $750...

I got a 22" monitor, dvd burner and the other stuff that usually comes with a pc. This only costed $1699 at the time (And I guarentee you, I know that if you want a mac with such hardware, you would need to pay at least $2200). Macs simply suck when it comes to upgrading, becuase apple forces you to suck their metallic balls through custom overpriced mac upgrades. You can't update graphics cards easily and the components are released way after all the big companies have upgraded such chips. Macs are an overpriced fashion toy.

Davo1111

HSC
N/A
notovereighteen said:
My life was over when I realised my computer couldn't download vista and then a saw a man with a mac...
So you bought a new mac because your current comp didn't have the specs to handle vista?

Fuck that's dumb.

Last edited:

Captain Hero

Banned
HSC
N/A
Real Madrid said:
Yo. I should post my "PC specs"

Intel Core 2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz, 4 Cores
4GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GT

thats the basics, chip alone cost $750...

I got a 22" monitor, dvd burner and the other stuff that usually comes with a pc. This only costed $1699 at the time (And I guarentee you, I know that if you want a mac with such hardware, you would need to pay at least $2200). Macs simply suck when it comes to upgrading, becuase apple forces you to suck their metallic balls through custom overpriced mac upgrades. You can't update graphics cards easily and the components are released way after all the big companies have upgraded such chips. Macs are an overpriced fashion toy.
Yeah the iMacs use laptop graphics cards, what's your point?

If you buy an iMac and you can actually use computers you have failed as Hackintoshes provide excellent fury victory

HSC
nogagplz said:
Why can't we all just get along...?

...well, apart from with the Macintosh users with their heads firmly wedged up their rear ends.
i like both :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)