Macleay College (1 Viewer)

Angel45

HSC
Does anybody attend Macleay College? I am considering doing a Journalism course there.. but general feedback on the place would be great!
Thanks.

nuclear chick

HSC
journalism at macleay

Hi, I do journalism at Macleay. Its not hard academically, but it involves a lot of practical work. You have small assessments for every subject, and a major assessment for feature writing, tv, and radio which are due at the end of the year.
BTW, what school did you go to? I live in the St George, Sutherland shire as well.

simpz

HSC
i am doing PR there next year, Nuclear chick do u know anyone thats doing it, and do they all like it? lol i wanna know wat im gettin myself into

Mike iE

HSC
My brothers friend did Journalism there for half a year, but had to drop out due to family reasons. He loved it, he said alot of the students want to be in TV journalism, but he was doing print journalism. He even got work experience with the Chaser newspaper

nuclear chick

HSC
Pr

Hey Simpz. No I don't know anyone doing the PR course but we have one term of PR as part of our journalism course. I personally like it, our major assessment is a media campaign for a group or event, but then what we're doing is only a small part of the whole course. One of the girls doing journalism this year wants to do PR next year.

Captain Oats

HSC
nuclear chick said:
Hey Simpz. No I don't know anyone doing the PR course but we have one term of PR as part of our journalism course. I personally like it, our major assessment is a media campaign for a group or event, but then what we're doing is only a small part of the whole course. One of the girls doing journalism this year wants to do PR next year.
I reallly hated PR... eww. But then on my transcript I got distinction for it, oh the irony!

Anyway yes I did journalism last year... it's lots of fun... but at the time when you're doing it you probably won't think it's that fun.

But looking back on it... ahhh fun times *wipes tear* :D

I think it is overpriced, but I had a great time and I think I got a good education from it.

simpz

HSC
hey captain oats!
yeh lol i hate the journalism side of it, it so boring and just blah blah lets spend an hour learning how to write the intro to a story!
oh ive been there for 3 weeks now and im havin fun lol our pr class is said to be the rowdiest its so funny were constantly in trouble for being to loud haha

the course seems good and im learning alot but they go thru stuff really fast...

Captain Oats

HSC
Hey!!

So do you also have to oo journalism as part of your course, the same way we had to do PR as part of our course?? Interesting!!

Hmm I just looked on Macleays website at the PR course - you have to do News Reporting?? YUCK! I hated that and was really bad at it...argh! Yeah I know what you mean about writing the intro... *rolls eyes* At the end of last year I still only got half marks for my press conference because apparently my intro didn't tell the whole story. :mad:

Your course looks kinda hard, eh!! Is it quite a lot of theory stuff???

Agnes2810

sUp ?
HSC
Angel45 said:
Does anybody attend Macleay College? I am considering doing a Journalism course there.. but general feedback on the place would be great!
Thanks.
i do advertising at macleay.

its cool.

haha. sorry im drunk

we have made every wednesday pub day, coz we finish at 12:30, so we jst go to the exchange on oxford st. we met some ppl from group 2 as well! its tradition.

simpz

HSC
pr isnt really hard its just so much work! i have like 7 assesments in the next 3 weeks!

haha agnes, our drunk day is in a 2.5 hour break b4 marketing and we always turn up drunk, its kinda funny but kinda sad haha....he never even notices either, hes always like oh ur the pr class so thats y u r so rowdy haha

Agnes2810

sUp ?
HSC
simpz said:
pr isnt really hard its just so much work! i have like 7 assesments in the next 3 weeks!

haha agnes, our drunk day is in a 2.5 hour break b4 marketing and we always turn up drunk, its kinda funny but kinda sad haha....he never even notices either, hes always like oh ur the pr class so thats y u r so rowdy haha
haha, do u go to the exchange as well?

do you have rosco for any subjects? hes so funny but can be such an asshole.

i think i have a PR subject in term 3 and 4.

u still havent come up and said hi to me! hav u seen me since that one time? :p

simpz

HSC
nar we go to the shark bar its nicer lol...

haha rosco is so funny but yeh he can be an asshole sometime but aslong as it isnt at me meh!

i think i have only seen u the once....

bah! kill economics! but yey day off tomorrow!

Agnes2810

sUp ?
HSC
simpz said:
nar we go to the shark bar its nicer lol...

haha rosco is so funny but yeh he can be an asshole sometime but aslong as it isnt at me meh!

i think i have only seen u the once....

bah! kill economics! but yey day off tomorrow!
haha me and rosco had an arguement today about the shire (where i live)

he said some little snipe comment about it, and i said, for fucks sake can you stop paying out the shire, and it started there. haha. he always picks on me now.

and he picks on this other girl stacey its so funny,, we hav the best class tho! :)

come on, say hi 2 me nxt time u c me! its weird everytime i c guys from macleay in the elevator or something i think its you hahah so put me outta my mysery

simpz

HSC
bahahah rosco pays this girl out from my class to about living in the shire! she always gets up him to, he must really not like the good ol' shire haha

i'll give ya a hint of what i look like....blonde hair in a little mowhawk, or atleast it was meant to look like a mini mowhawk.......

allysha

i wish upon a star...
HSC
i wanna go there next year for journalism

can anyone tell me how expensive it actually is

apparently its over priced but worth it

thanks xxx

xxxrebelxxx

I'm a soul rebel.
HSC
Hey. I'm thinking about attending MC next year.
Does anyone know if you can attend any other Unis (other than SC Uni) with your grad. cert? I really want to go to UOW (I live close to it) or UTS (Best University Degree in NSW). I'm not interested in SC Uni to be honest... Hahaha.

Manda.found

HSC
it might be that much but there is always fee help
and its worth it well so i have been told...lol

Staceybel

HSC
I am also thinking of studying journalism at Macleay next year. Sounds like a really good course, does anyone know if they allow you to do a cadetship or internship while there, I think i may have just lined one up at a magazine....
Anyone else going to the open day on the 7th?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)