Macq 2013 (1 Viewer)

Rectanglor

HSC
hm, you don't have much choice this semester in terms of 100 lvl AHIS units... almost everything is semester in 2 or session 3 (summer school). All that's left is AHIS110 Rome: Republic to Empire, which imo is one of the best 100 lvl AHIS units on offer.

I'm really interested to see what's going on with AHIS150 The Archaeology of Ancient Israel and the Near East, which is brand new and doesn't actually have anyone to teach it yet. Rumour on the grape vine has it that they may be shipping out someone from Tel Aviv uni...
I'm thinking of doing AHIS 278 Egyptian Hieroglyphs A too :)
I haven't heard anything about AHIS 150, but that sounds pretty interesting. Might have to have a look at it.

will90211

HSC
Hey guys. Two questions: I was wondering what 'type' of students one would expect to find doing MHIS? I know MQU has an excellent reputation for ah (just look at prof kanawati) but what of modern? I do hope that syd uni has not managed to draw in all the history students!

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
On the contrary, we've got some of the best minds in modern

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

prazo94

HSC
I'm doing Commerce and Law, on a side note, which UniWise orientation thing should I go to? Arts or Business/Economics?
why not both? :p

But seriously go to the UniWise event for the course that interests you the most of ....what are u planning to do in the long run? if its more commerce related then go to the business/eco orientation or if you're planning to do legal related work in the future then go to the arts orientation...

RookieLaw

Audit.
HSC
B.Comm(Professional Accounting) / Law.

Anyone know the difference between b.comm major in accounting and b.comm professional accounting?

Proteus

HSC

Anyone know the difference between b.comm major in accounting and b.comm professional accounting?

B Commerce (Accounting) and B Commerce - Prof. Acctg.

Difference lies in that ever since 2012, B Commerce (Accounting) is no longer accredited for CPA/CA entry level programs.

I think you have to make it up by taking extra courses.

krnofdrg

Mq Law Student :)
HSC
Uni Grad

A major in just accounting cannot get you into the graduate diploma program for the bodies of CA/CPA or the IPA.

Also, the subject compositions are different.

lp2006

HSC
Com majoring in finance and economics, though this will be my first year. Possibly interested in transferring into Com/Law or Com/Sci (Math) GPA permitting. Btw does anyone know how much gym membership is? And does that include the pools? Hope everyone has a good week back

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
I think i paid like $250 for gym membership a year or so ago...? It includes everything, all machines, pools, classes etc.

They tend to have special deals on during o-week where you get large discounts if you sign up with a friend, so it's worth looking into.

lp2006

HSC
Oh that's perfect, have a mate who wants to join as well. Works out fairly cheap per week even if it's $250

Chopper_261087

HSC
Just transferred from a BComm - Professional Accounting (not for me) into a BComm (Business Information Systems and Finance). Means I still have 2 years to go :(

Frostbitten

HSC
A major in just accounting cannot get you into the graduate diploma program for the bodies of CA/CPA or the IPA.

Also, the subject compositions are different.
What is CA, CPA and IPA? And is the commerce - Pro accounting similar to majoring in accounting at UNSW or USYD?

RookieLaw

Audit.
HSC
Chartered Accountants or ICAA, Certified Practicing Accountants and Public Accountants.

Yes, it's the same thing as a Com degree majoring in accounting at UNSW or USYD

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)